Eden hazard - Would you like him here?

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Nov 29, 2011 6:34 pm

We are always going to struggle to attract these guys without the offer of Champions League football.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:13 pm

7_Kewell wrote:We are always going to struggle to attract these guys without the offer of Champions League football.

Well players like these specifically have basically said they will only go to real or barca.  So even if we had cl I doubt he would bat an eye at us.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby shanks » Fri Dec 09, 2011 2:35 am

like what as already been said we have to start buying top talent like Hazard to break into the top 4 and compete for the top spot & Champions league spot every season we as a top club cannot afford to be out of the top 4....
shanks
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Raoul » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:12 am

I see that Hazard is talking up a move to the Premier League with one of "the great English clubs. It will be a club where I'm sure to play with a play style that suits me." (Quote from this article).

Interesting that he rates guaranteed playing time so highly, I wonder if we'd be one of the clubs he'd consider? Playing time would certainly be his for the taking, and I don't see why our style wouldn't suit his.
"Life is not just about money. There are other things, important things that have a different kind of value. Anyone from Liverpool could tell you that."

- Jamie Carragher
Raoul
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:33 pm

Raoul wrote:I see that Hazard is talking up a move to the Premier League with one of "the great English clubs. It will be a club where I'm sure to play with a play style that suits me." (Quote from this article).

Interesting that he rates guaranteed playing time so highly, I wonder if we'd be one of the clubs he'd consider? Playing time would certainly be his for the taking, and I don't see why our style wouldn't suit his.

I would be over the moon if it would be us... But lately our football is not stylish at all... It will probably be arsenal or the mancs... Not saying their football is very stylish at the moment Either but they have been associated with their more expansive style of play in recent years...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aussie Style » Mon Jan 30, 2012 1:36 pm

If we don't get him it won't be for lack of trying, Comolli loves him.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby kawaton » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:07 pm

France Football say that Lille's sought-after winger Eden Hazard has agreed a deal to join Tottenham in the summer.
kawaton

Postby Greavesie » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:48 pm

I really hope not, could do without them establishing themselves. Surely their uncertain managerial situation isn't attractive, dont they have a wage cap as well?
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby metalhead » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:51 pm

France media usually talk sh!t, remember when they all said Cissokho was joining Liverpool?

Anyways, I hope not
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:21 pm

Aussie Style wrote:If we don't get him it won't be for lack of trying, Comolli loves him.

No amount of trying will get him here unless we have CL football.

Hate to say it Spurs is probably an attractive side for Hazard. Good squad, playing well, top players like Modric and Bale and they will have CL football. They play a high tempo attacking game too.

We in contrast are miles away from that and if we ever want to get there again FSG better pull out their wallets big time.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aussie Style » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:40 am

I agree mate. In fact I can't see us getting him even if we do finish top 4, but you never know.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Tue Feb 14, 2012 10:52 am

Hazard just said that he will sign for tottenham very soon :(
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:20 am

meh... he's 21 years old and doing well in the mighty lille, in the french league, and he's belgian, and he costs 35 million. i have the feeling that it might be possible for football teams to win matches in the future without him.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:02 pm

metalhead wrote:Hazard just said that he will sign for tottenham very soon :(

This may be lost in translation, when he said 'I may sign very soon' he may have meant for a club, not specifically Spurs. In the same interview he said Spain is his style but only Real or Barca would interest him
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Homebooby » Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:22 pm

Personally I think he went downhill after Unrepeatable and Definite Article................

Ooooooffff poor joke I know.....I've been resisting for weeks....finally lost the battle.   :help
Homebooby

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill