Darren bent - Good enough

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:22 pm

sigh...as much as i try to be optimistic it doesn't look good if we're fighting for the signatures of the likes of bent and youssi benayoun or however you spell his name...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:31 pm

maguskwt wrote:sigh...as much as i try to be optimistic it doesn't look good if we're fighting for the signatures of the likes of bent and youssi benayoun or however you spell his name...

:sleep
LFC2007

Postby parchpea » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:33 pm

Bent wont be joining as it appears we cannot afford the £18m fee. Not that hes worth that. May as well keep Cisse on the books than shell out on Bent.

Seems like the Hammers have a bigger recruitment budget that us!

Know nothing of Milito and Forlans a big no for me being a EPL failure and ex Manc.

Unless we can bring in the best I would save the money.

We have done these chancey second and third choice players to death and at quite a cost already.
parchpea
LFC Super Member

Postby Santa » Fri Jun 15, 2007 5:48 pm

seems that we can't even match West Ham for financial spending power...wtf??? Manure have done their homework and show early intend to move further ahead...so far we have been nothing but a farkin' joke with all these inactivity...are we going to scraped by with second and third rated players again? :angry:
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Fri Jun 15, 2007 6:56 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
maguskwt wrote:sigh...as much as i try to be optimistic it doesn't look good if we're fighting for the signatures of the likes of bent and youssi benayoun or however you spell his name...

well i'm glad you can sleep through this...but the only solid news we're getting associates LFC with these 2 names...and I doesn't really go down well with me...like "liverpool confirms interest in benayoun" or..."liverpool will have to fight with spurs for the signature of bent" or some :censored: like that...being associated with 1 mediocre player is enough... but not 2,3... right now it's benayoun, bent, forlan...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:14 pm

maguskwt wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:

well i'm glad you can sleep through this...but the only solid news we're getting associates LFC with these 2 names...and I doesn't really go down well with me...like "liverpool confirms interest in benayoun" or..."liverpool will have to fight with spurs for the signature of bent" or some :censored: like that...being associated with 1 mediocre player is enough... but not 2,3... right now it's benayoun, bent, forlan...

Solid news, hmmmmmmm sure

LFC2007

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:42 pm

Both bent and forlan dont "cut the mustard" for me.....why are we being linked with 2nd rate players? If gillete and hicks want to make a statement of real intent then we should be going for the likes of Torres, et'o Henry..and even van nislterooy would give us more credibility than some of these average players we are being linked with.
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 7:56 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:.....why are we being linked with 2nd rate players? If gillete and hicks want to make a statement of real intent then we should be going for the likes of Torres, et'o Henry

Why are we also being linked with Eto'o, Tevez, Simao, Malouda, Silva, Henry.....

Gillett and Hicks don't decide who our transfer targets are anyway, Rafa does.

It's Rafa who tells the club executives who we need to sign, Hicks and Gillet are the financial support behind these plans - nothing more.
LFC2007

Postby REDTILLDEAD » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:02 pm

So far they have not shown much "financial support"?.....they have "talked the talk2 but we still wait for them to deliver...it does not matter who rafa wants......if he aint got the money then its just wishful thinking.
"THERE ARE TWO GREAT FOOTBALL TEAMS IN LIVERPOOL"
  LIVERPOOL..........................AND LIVERPOOL RESERVES!
REDTILLDEAD
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:20 pm

REDTILLDEAD wrote:So far they have not shown much "financial support"?.....they have "talked the talk2 but we still wait for them to deliver...it does not matter who rafa wants......if he aint got the money then its just wishful thinking.

Sure, £450m in investment is no real financial commitment is it?

Nor is a stadium that will cost x hundred million either?

You said: "If gillete and hicks want to make a statement of real intent then we should be going for the likes of Torres, et'o Henry"

They don't decide who we sign, Rafa does. He compiles the list, they have said they will back him financially, and by all accounts they will. Why would they spend £450m on the club and then neglect the management?

Day 15 in a 90 day window, Leiva, Voronin, Two Hungarians, Gerrard, Alonso, Reina, Carra. Does that not take work?

Have some bloody patience.
LFC2007

Postby destro » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:36 pm

75 days to go yippeeee, the excitement is killing me, and lets not forget our 'Eggs in one basket' plan which finally comes into play after this weekend, when we go into battle with some of the best teams in Europe, (well those who havent spent any money yet) and enter a bidding war.

That is one of the reasons i am not over joyed at the excuses that 'Well no one else has made any big sgnings yet' like that is something to be happy about   ???

But i cant be to negative because the January transfer window is only 134 days after this one ends :)
destro

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:45 pm

We're doomed let's face it, where is the money you greedy yanks? Look at the mancs for christ sake £50m - there's no way we can catch them now, we will never win the league the way we're going. I really question how Rafa can do his job, the rift with the board is getting us nowhere, just put your money where your mouth is. £450m already in investment? Is that it, where is the money? renew contracts, sort the stadium, revamp the youth system and buy Eto'o NOW, do it NOW I tell you.  :no
LFC2007

Postby destro » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:52 pm

LFC2007 wrote:We're doomed let's face it, where is the money you greedy yanks? Look at the mancs for christ sake £50m - there's no way we can catch them now, we will never win the league the way we're going. I really question how Rafa can do his job, the rift with the board is getting us nowhere, just put your money where your mouth is. £450m already in investment? Is that it, where is the money? renew contracts, sort the stadium, revamp the youth system and buy Eto'o NOW, do it NOW I tell you.  :no

:laugh: Thats the way LFC2007 join the pessimistic club, once you get through the depression and finger nail biting its actually not that bad, and while we are at it Souness is out of work so if Real come knocking again for Rafa let him go  :upside: and get Souness back  :help
destro

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 8:59 pm

I totally agree Destro, Rafa's just not up to it, Souness has experience right across Europe as a manager, he knows what he's doing. Look at the success he had at Newcastle, who would have thought he could help them survive relegation especially with Owen in the squad. My hat's off to him.

Souness for Manager, Rafa Out, Rafa out!

...and the greedy yanks, GET OUT, where's my money?

:buttrock

Join the pessimistic club, it's much more fun and much more  :O
LFC2007

Postby ivor_the_injun » Fri Jun 15, 2007 9:20 pm

12 pages of a topic about Darren Bent.

Who nobody at the club has linked us to.

F*cking hell. I really had forgotten how sh*t post-season was on footy forums. :D
ivor_the_injun

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill