Darren bent - Good enough

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby redtrader74 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 10:41 am

Neither Bent or Defoe offer much more than their pace and athleticism, poor movement and awareness, Bent well overpriced, and i am sure that Spurs would want something similar. I'd rather we take a chance on  Huntelaar who i expect (or hope) would cost a lot less than either of them, allowing us the benefit of re-couping most of the transfer fee should he fail. I really hope we secure Tevez somehow, that would give us a realistic shot at the title.
redtrader74
LFC Super Member

Postby BOODIDDY » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:02 am

A few years ago, alot were saying that 10m for diouf was a steal because they came to a conclusion from the opening game of the world cup. Last year alot were asking for Ashton because he loked good, but he would of cost 12m+. Now, Bent is available at 16m and you say he his over-priced. Yet, this year the new tv money is in, so, of course prem fees will become inflated. (man poo 60m for Hargreaves and two talents that aren't proven?)

Bent is a goalscorer, much better than bellamy, yet we want 9m for him. Bellamy will never be a clinical goalscorer. Lets go out and buy the lad and get owen also for 9m. that's 25m for two proven prem goalscorers. The same price as a big-headed unproven in the prem eto. If he were to get injured (like owen did at brown ale) what would we do?
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:07 am

Villa has only got 15 goals this season in the same league were forlan, kanoute and ruud are banging them in for fun.

No to villa, he had the chance when he was at zaragoza. Amazes me the way people jump on th eband wagon of names. After the world cup last year, torres was hot, klose too. Now we all want the misfiring villa, eto the attitude man and teves. Personally, i reckon only teves would be world class at liverpool. Eto would strop, villa is too slight in physique.
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby humdrum » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:25 am

Forlan would be a good signing
LFC - 1 team - 1 life
humdrum

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:27 am

humdrum wrote:Forlan would be a good signing

didnt exactly light up the premiership with manure tho did he?
i think the only time he looked like a goal scorer was when he was up against dudek.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby humdrum » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:46 am

:D

yeah! would the spanish influence at anfield help him along though?
LFC - 1 team - 1 life
humdrum

Postby heimdall » Fri Jun 15, 2007 11:58 am

humdrum wrote: :D

yeah! would the spanish influence at anfield help him along though?

No I doubt it, I reckon Bent and/or Tevez would be good signings. What's happened to all the reports about Henry though  :D
And also what is happenign with Malouda, he'd be very good.
heimdall

Postby Elchris » Fri Jun 15, 2007 12:16 pm

dawson99 wrote:

i think the only time he looked like a goal scorer was when he was up against dudek.

I prefer diego milito joining us rather then forlan...only because he was a ex-manc and humilated dudek which humilated the liverpool supported...**bias**

But I would understand if benitez signed him ,he's a good players in spain was also quite good but i belive he did not get much playing time there , scores fantastic goals with both feet ,i belive he has matured and his confident level will be good. Would be a good sigining...he'll be a hit wit d fans here but it will take time....ALOT OF TIME
Elchris

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:08 pm

BOODIDDY wrote:Bent is a goalscorer, much better than bellamy, yet we want 9m for him. Bellamy will never be a clinical goalscorer. Lets go out and buy the lad and get owen also for 9m. that's 25m for two proven prem goalscorers. The same price as a big-headed unproven in the prem eto. If he were to get injured (like owen did at brown ale) what would we do?

How do we want £9m for Bellamy, as far as I'm aware no statement has been released or comments given that suggest this.

How would Eto'o cost £25m? The best striker in the world at the minute along with Drogba, if you asked me if we could have Eto'o or Owen+Bent I would take Eto'o hands down.
LFC2007

Postby Scouse_legend » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:45 pm

i would rather have Et'o rather than Villa cause et'o much quicker and he has probably got a better finish but i comes down to if he wants to leave Barca. But i think that fernando Torres is a good player and he is young and got good finish.

Scouse_legend

Postby grayghost » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:53 pm

My gun is well and truly locked cocked and ready to rock.

Bent is a dead man.
grayghost

Postby grayghost » Fri Jun 15, 2007 1:57 pm

Elchris wrote:
dawson99 wrote:

I prefer diego milito joining us rather then forlan...only because he was a ex-manc and humilated dudek which humilated the liverpool supported...**bias**

But I would understand if benitez signed him ,he's a good players in spain was also quite good but i belive he did not get much playing time there , scores fantastic goals with both feet ,i belive he has matured and his confident level will be good. Would be a good sigining...he'll be a hit wit d fans here but it will take time....ALOT OF TIME

I agree with you there Milto would be a great purchase a very underated player who knows were the net is.

Him and Owen would be a great striking patnership.
grayghost

Postby Penguins » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:11 pm

Elchris wrote:
dawson99 wrote:

Forlan is better in my eyes than Milito.
Milito is very one footed and scores almost all his goals in the box. Forlan is excellent with both feet and can score both inside and outside of the box.
And at least Forlan has PL experience, which Milito has none.

I am not sure if any of them would do well, but it's the same with any striker you buy from foreign leagues.
Penguins
LFC Super Member

Postby grayghost » Fri Jun 15, 2007 2:18 pm

What we do know off Forlan is that he can't do it in the prem. Milto would be twice the player he was over here thats just my opinon.
grayghost

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jun 15, 2007 4:49 pm

Penguins wrote:
Elchris wrote:
dawson99 wrote:

Forlan is better in my eyes than Milito.
Milito is very one footed and scores almost all his goals in the box. Forlan is excellent with both feet and can score both inside and outside of the box.
And at least Forlan has PL experience, which Milito has none.

I am not sure if any of them would do well, but it's the same with any striker you buy from foreign leagues.

That's the thing, though - we NEED a poacher, not a pussy.

Both are good players, but Milito's goal scoring record is superior to Forlan's, despite playing for a worse team.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill