Wtf are mancity doing ? - Shambolic !

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby aCe' » Tue Aug 04, 2009 2:49 pm

Greavesie wrote:Luis Garcia had his own independant price tag, it was NOT part of the Torres deal, it may have been an influence on it, but the deal for Torres did not involve Garcia having to agree terms with them before Torres did with us. Garcia signed for £4m, correct me if I'm wrong but when a player moves in part exchange they don't have an independant price tag in a deal. if so then Samuel Eto'o must be worth about a bag of chips

The reports I have read most regarding Nani and Anderson are Nani costing £17m and Anderson costing £18m, I wonder what figure you get when you add that up...

but then again, I'm an idiot who doesnt have a clue...

ignorance is a bliss son, just dont brag about it...
im done correcting you because obviously you dont even bother looking up the stuff you say even when someone points out that you're wrong..
we'll leave it at that..
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:21 pm

GOAT wrote:Theres supporting the team then being completely fecking deluded, fact of the matter is ferguson doesn't spend sh.it loads more than rafa like people would have you believe

Mate you can show it in factual terms, on tables, in graphs, through common knowledge or whatever you like, some people just won't have it. It doesn't matter how you say it or how you frame it, it makes absolutely no difference.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:31 pm

It sounds like Lescott is on his way to City now, which is worrying news.  A few were quick to write them off this summer but they have assembled a squad of genuine quality and depth right across the pitch.  Yes, Hughes may have difficulty keeping all the egos happy and pulling in the same direction but there can be little question that they are a threat to us and everyone else in the Top 4.  A big threat.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:32 pm

Lescott cost more than Torres :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:41 pm

stmichael wrote:Lescott cost more than Torres :laugh:

Sadly, they can afford it.  :down:   By my reckoning, they've now got one of the stronger defensive units in the league: Toure, Lescott, Dunne, Bridge and Richards.  They're solid in midfield, with Barry, Ireland, De Jong and Kompany providing the platform for the likes of SWP and Robinho to get forward and support Tevez, Adebayor, Bellamy, Santa Cruz and whoever else they've got available in attack.  They're going to be the real deal, I'm afraid.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:46 pm

Bad Bob wrote:By my reckoning, they've now got one of the stronger defensive units in the league: Toure, Lescott, Dunne, Bridge and Richards. 

Nothing special there.

The main reason they'll be strong defensively is they've got one of the best keepers in the League imo. Infact I'd say he's their most important signing out of everyone.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Bad Bob » Mon Aug 24, 2009 12:54 pm

stmichael wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:By my reckoning, they've now got one of the stronger defensive units in the league: Toure, Lescott, Dunne, Bridge and Richards. 

Nothing special there.

Dunno, mate.  They may not have the most stylish CBs in the league but they've got some solid performers there who I think will keep the ship steady at the back while the attacking players do their thing.  They may come unstuck against a Torres but I don't think the Ricardo Fullers and Beni McCarthys will cause them too much bother.  And, as you say, they've got one of the best keepers in the league behind...which I completely forgot to mention.  :blush:
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 4:08 pm

He's a good player, but they've overpaid by about £14m in my estimation and the sooner the bubble bursts the better.
LFC2007

Postby Roger Red Hat » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:00 pm

they'll win feck all as usual - watch this space
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:28 pm

bigmick wrote:
GOAT wrote:Theres supporting the team then being completely fecking deluded, fact of the matter is ferguson doesn't spend sh.it loads more than rafa like people would have you believe

Mate you can show it in factual terms, on tables, in graphs, through common knowledge or whatever you like, some people just won't have it. It doesn't matter how you say it or how you frame it, it makes absolutely no difference.

Rubbish

That's becasue it's not true. Too many people look at the 5 years Rafa has been here and start banging out knee jerk reactions.

Utd had half their team in place when Rafa arrived so he was not faced with the task of building the squad up from scratch bar 1 or 2 players.

Do you know what Fergies average finishing position was in his first 5 years? 8.6 And the figure for Rafa after 5 years? 3.4

When Fergus was tyring to overtake Kenny his net spend was virtually twice that of Kennys, why? Because Dalglishj had previously spend his big money and had so much of his squad in place. Grobbelaar, Hansen, McMahon, Whelan and Nicol ect...

At the end of the day you can put stats up to show he is doing well considering the resources he has at his disposal. After all it's not like our owners gave him a cheque for 120Mil and said ok do what you want with it Rawwwfffffa did they? So please don't keep on with this same argument over and over again. And before anyone says we had a good squad in 2004/2005, just remember we finished 5th and way behind the leaders.

I thought this was a Liverpool forum?  :D
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 6:30 pm

What about 2004/2005, we had a good squad then
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:33 pm

Lescott is overrated , just because he scores a good number of goals from set pieces his valued has been tripled , he's slightly above average at defending and everton make a nice tidy 19 million profit on him . Jageilka is better than lescott
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Toffeehater » Mon Aug 24, 2009 7:48 pm

They have signed lescott , he has passed a medical , 24 million
Toffeehater
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:00 pm

dawson99 wrote:What about 2004/2005, we had a good squad then

:angry:  :p
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Aug 25, 2009 12:45 am

bavlondon wrote:
bigmick wrote:

Rubbish

That's becasue it's not true. Too many people look at the 5 years Rafa has been here and start banging out knee jerk reactions.

Utd had half their team in place when Rafa arrived so he was not faced with the task of building the squad up from scratch bar 1 or 2 players.

Do you know what Fergies average finishing position was in his first 5 years? 8.6 And the figure for Rafa after 5 years? 3.4

When Fergus was tyring to overtake Kenny his net spend was virtually twice that of Kennys, why? Because Dalglishj had previously spend his big money and had so much of his squad in place. Grobbelaar, Hansen, McMahon, Whelan and Nicol ect...

At the end of the day you can put stats up to show he is doing well considering the resources he has at his disposal. After all it's not like our owners gave him a cheque for 120Mil and said ok do what you want with it Rawwwfffffa did they? So please don't keep on with this same argument over and over again. And before anyone says we had a good squad in 2004/2005, just remember we finished 5th and way behind the leaders.

I thought this was a Liverpool forum?  :D

See what I mean  :laugh:

On the question of Citeh, I've been saying since before the season it's a big five now. In all honesty I'm secretly hoping they do do well, perhaps get into the top four. If they don't they'll no doubt sack Hughes and scour the World for a really special manager.

If they get one of those, someone really special, it'll be a big five pretty sharpish then and no mistake. No five year plans, no "getting to know you's", it'll be an all out assault on the Premiership in the very first season.

All Liverpool fans should make Man City their second team while Hughes remains in charge I reckon.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion