Wtf are mancity doing ? - Shambolic !

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby aCe' » Wed Jun 24, 2009 10:18 am

Well... this is what their first team looks like today...

Goalkeepers (4)

Shay Given
Joe Hart       
Kasper Schmeichel
Stuart Taylor (ENG)

Defenders (11)

Michael Ball
Glauber Berti 
Wayne Bridge   
Richard Dunne
Javier Garrido
Vincent Kompany
Nedum Onuoha
Micah Richards
Tal Ben-Haim
Shaleum Logan
Danny Mills

midfielders (12)

Gareth Barry            
Nigel De Jong 
Blumer Elano
Gelson Fernandes
Dietmar Hamann
Stephen Ireland
Michael Johnson
Martin Petrov
Vladimir Weiss
Shaun Wright-Phillips
Pablo Javier Zabaleta
Kelvin Etuhu

forwards (11)

Robinho
Craig Bellamy
Valeri Bojinov
Felipe Caicedo
Ched Evans
Benjani Mwaruwari
Roque Santa Cruz
Daniel Sturridge
Darius Vassell
Caicedo

Thats absolutely ridiculous.... thats just their first team squad... The best thing about ManCity has always been that they bring youngsters through the academy regularly... even last year a few players came through and made a mark.. dont see that happening anymore tbh... their kids won the Fa youth cup didnt they ?!

the way i see it, Mark Hughes should have been sacked end of last season... bring in someone with more experience and someone who can attract the big names ... no point buying in quantity rather than quality...
38 players in the first team squad and theyr still looking at buying quite a few player ?!
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Festy » Wed Jun 24, 2009 11:34 am

They are the most ridiculous club in the world right now. They should better have spent some money on a top class manager. Hughes will be a huge flop again this season.
ImageImageImage

-----YOU WILL NEVER WALK ALONE. WILL YOU ?-----
Festy

Postby Dundalk » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:25 pm

Robinho
Craig Bellamy
Valeri Bojinov
Felipe Caicedo
Ched Evans
Benjani Mwaruwari
Roque Santa Cruz
Daniel Sturridge
Darius Vassell
Caicedo

With Tevez sill to come by the looks of things

Robinho will HAVE to play every match

Tevez will HAVE to play every match

Then you have Bellamy who did well for them last season wanted to play every match

Santa Cruz was 17 million and from the looks of things is a favorite of Hughes and you would expect him to be playing

Not to mention the rest of them AND god knows who else they are still going to bring in
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Wed Jun 24, 2009 2:38 pm

Michael Ball? Danny Mills!? Darius Vassell!

:laugh:  :D It's like a retirement home for :censored: footballers who are long past their prime.
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Jun 24, 2009 3:18 pm

Dundalk wrote:Robinho will HAVE to play every match

Then you have Bellamy who did well for them last season wanted to play every match

Santa Cruz was 17 million and from the looks of things is a favorite of Hughes and you would expect him to be playing

Don't see that as a problem myself.  They'll play a front 3 with Robinho and Tevez down the flanks and Santa Cruz in the middle.  Bellamy can play anywhere across the front 3 and should get more than enough game time filling in for any of the other three over the course of a season.  They'll probably listen to offers for any of the other forwards they have there.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:36 pm

john craig wrote:
Dundalk wrote:Robinho will HAVE to play every match

Don't see that as a problem myself.  They'll play a front 3 with Robinho and Tevez down the flanks and Santa Cruz in the middle.  Bellamy can play anywhere across the front 3 and should get more than enough game time filling in for any of the other three over the course of a season.  They'll probably listen to offers for any of the other forwards they have there.

Didnt they pay 18mill for Jo ?! and im sure they paid quite a bit for benjani too....
Playing 3 upfront sounds good on paper... but where will they play the other 12 midfielder they have ? the likes of SWP, Ireland, Petrov Elano ? Kompany, DeJong, Barry, Zabaleta, Johnson ?

They have way too many attacking players.... look at their backline and its fcking obvious they desperately need atleast one top centerback rather than go around spending all their money on attacking players....

and yea... if i was the owner the first thing i'd do is get rid of Hughes and pay whatever it takes to bring in someone like Mourinho who'd know how to sort their squad and bring in the players they need rather than the ones they can afford.... fcking ridiculous !

We should consider going for Elano if theyr willing to sell... good little player and always looks way more impressive playing for Brazil than he does with City.. Think its Hughes' fault though, played him in every position last season EXCEPT his own....
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Jun 24, 2009 4:58 pm

with the exception of maybe 5 players - not one of 'em is worth a carrot.
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Judge » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:53 am

stephen ireland was their best player last season, imo
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Thu Jun 25, 2009 7:54 am

Judge wrote:stephen ireland was their best player last season, imo

and Mark Hughes was their manager, imo.
:p
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:38 am

Lescott and John Terry nailed on to join them aswell, the time to worry about them is when they bring in a decent manager.
They will replace Arsenal in the top 4 before long, for those who dont believe it will happen look at Chelsea, no marks before Roman & Mourhino arrived.

Still no marks when it comes to our european success but the feckers won the league whilst we are still waiting to.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby GYBS » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:46 am

John Terry to city ?!?!?
GYBS
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:17 pm

Shay Given
Dietmar Hamann
Stephen Ireland
Roque Santa Cruz
Daniel Sturridge

the rest could go sh!t. If Maureen-eeee-oooohh had taken the reigns it'd be an intersting season but with Hughesie as manager it'll be another stop start season for them, then they'll sack Hughes and that'll upset any balance they thought they had. I cant see this season being any different from last to be honest
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby aCe' » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:38 pm

Lee J wrote:Shay Given
Dietmar Hamann
Stephen Ireland
Roque Santa Cruz
Daniel Sturridge

the rest could go sh!t. If Maureen-eeee-oooohh had taken the reigns it'd be an intersting season but with Hughesie as manager it'll be another stop start season for them, then they'll sack Hughes and that'll upset any balance they thought they had. I cant see this season being any different from last to be honest

I think Hamann is off, so is Sturridge...
Leaves them with :

Given
Bridge
M.Richards (only if played RB)
Barry
Ireland
SWP
Robinho
Santa Cruz
TEVES ?!

the likes of Elano (if played regularly in his position he could become one of their best players again), DeJong, Kompany, Bellamy, Dunne, Petrov, Zabaleta (only if RB)..etc are all more than good enough backup...

I think Teves and a couple of CBs and this squad would look like one of the best in the prem... could certainly push the top4 all the way with a squad like that... SHAME THEY HAVE HUGHES AS MANAGER THOUGH !
Last edited by aCe' on Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Thu Jun 25, 2009 12:44 pm

They won't make CL next season but they will be in a small group of clubs alongsdie Villa, Everton and probably Spurs competing for UEFA Cup. This will give them a foothold nearer to the top four and then further spending next summer will make them challengers for a CL spot the following season.

All this assumes the top four stay same-ish. I would say Arsenal could possibly be vulnerable, and I'm hopeful that by the time Citeh gate crash the top four it is at the expense of the other team from Manchester (well, Salford) who will be struggling in the aftermath of Fergie. Lovely!

To put it into perspective though, Hughes has spent in 6 months what Rafa has spent in 5 years.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Toffeehater » Thu Jun 25, 2009 9:34 pm

I think hughes is doing the best he can , he will never be able to attract messi's , torres's, gerrard's , thus he has gone for proven experienced premier league players for his spine . The only way he will be able to sign big names if city start to show progress and if they get into the champions league , they will start to do that . They have a big big squad though and the last i heard is that they have offered 15 million and elano for Maicon , If they get him than we should start to worry , they have a decent squad , of good players all around , their depth is probably better than ours ,but our first 11 will :censored: all over theirs.

This is how i think city will line up .

Given

Zabaleta       Dunne      Lescott          Bridge

Barry       De Jong

Ireland
Tevez                  Cruz                 Robinho

Bench:
Elano
Taylor
SWP
Richards
Bellamy