Wenger: not only us, manure & chelski

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby anfieldadorer » Tue Oct 19, 2004 6:29 am

by Robbie Amins

Arsene Wenger believes that the race for the Premiership title is not just between Arsenal, Manchester United and Chelsea. He told French TV that he is not underestimating the ability of both Liverpool and Newcastle to get themselves back in it.

"There are so many big and powerful clubs in England that it is possible that a fourth club could enter the equation and win the title this season," Wenger said.

"Neither Liverpool nor Newcastle are just going to stand by doing nothing while we win the championship again."

"Chelsea have unlimited finances, which means you just have to tell them how much someone or something costs and they can go and buy it."

"Each of our three leading clubs - Arsenal, Chelsea and United - has a different approach to building a team and a different approach to its football. It goes to show there are no miracle answers about how to build a successful team."

The Frenchman celebrated eight years in charge at Highbury this week and he believes that the likes of Rafael Benitez and Jose Mourinho have got it easy.

He recalled how, in the early days, he was derided as 'Arsene Who?’ and hounded by slurs about his private life.

Mourinho and Spurs manager Jacques Santini have been criticised for their teams' negative style of play and fingers have been pointed at Benitez's tactics for Liverpool's poor away record. Wenger reckons they should have tried coming to the Premiership in 1996.

Wenger continued, "It was much harder for me when I first came. For me, it was more hostile. I was completely unknown in England and there were stories about my private life."

"They were not true but it was not easy for me to deal with that. Also, no foreign manager had been successful here before, so there was a lot of scepticism when I arrived. It was much more difficult."
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kindaconfused » Tue Oct 19, 2004 7:26 am

Dream on, he's only said that so his own players don't take their foot of the pedal ???
Bribery in football helps oil the wheels, the managers take it and the fans pay for it!
Kindaconfuzed and Biffa are not allowed to post.
Biffa is me mate!
Free Dom in the Forum
kindaconfused
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Tue Oct 19, 2004 2:48 pm

Ive heard him talk about rumours on his private life before.Anyone know what the rumours were?
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 3:40 pm

some pretty nasty stuff about minors, and not the kind who dig for coal
its all well and good calling the guy a creep or a w£nker but this was a little harsh if i remember right
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion