Fumin wenger

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby metalhead » Fri Nov 21, 2008 11:14 am

Wenger fumes at no-shows
Gunners boss calls for Fifa action

Arsene Wenger wants Fifa to punish those sides who withdraw players from international friendlies.

The Arsenal boss is furious at clubs that continue to pull their key men from international duty, only to then call upon those stars when domestic action resume days later.

The Frenchman insists that he never prevents any members of his squad from joining up with their respective countries, but feels that policy now puts him in the minority.

Arsenal's Premier League title rivals Liverpool and Chelsea both withdrew players ahead of the midweek round of fixtures, while Manchester United ruled out Wayne Rooney and Rio Ferdinand before England boss Fabio Capello had announced his squad to face Germany.

The Gunners, though, paid the price for their leniency, as Theo Walcott is facing three months on the sidelines after dislocating his shoulder while training with the Three Lions in Berlin.

It is precisely that kind of situation which top clubs are unwilling to risk, but Wenger believes any player who failed to fulfil their commitments to their country should be barred from playing in their club's next game.

"It would be very interesting for Fifa and Uefa to make a study of players who have not played in any national team and who will play on Saturday or on Tuesday and Wednesday in the Champions League," said the Gunners chief.

"That would be the interesting thing to see.
Cautious

"I just think it's a sad situation that a friendly game was before games five and six in the Champions League and before important league fixtures.

"Many players have pulled out because this friendly is very badly positioned.

"We've never withdrawn any player. Our players, unless they have a big injury, we send them.

"We ask them to be cautious with them, especially in friendlies - and this usually happens with national teams because they are not crazy.

"The rules exist. If players are injured and did not play the game before, they do not have to report for the game.

"If the player has played in the game before, you have to send them to get examined by the doctor and they decide if a player comes back or not.

"Theoretically, if you do not play in the national team, you cannot play in the game after in the championship - that is the rule. That is why we always send our players.

"You have to ask the question is the fixture wrong or are the players wrong? I say the fixture."

SOURCE

-------------------

:glare:
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:05 pm

It's all going pearshaped at Arsenal atm. Just check out this latest gem of an outburst by captain Gallas (sorry if posted elsewhere already):

Gallas reveals Arsenal unrest
Captain tells of disharmony in the Arsenal camp
By James Dall   Last updated: 21st November 2008

William Gallas has revealed the Arsenal squad has been victim of 'complaining', 'insults' and 'problems' this season.

The Gunners have endured a poor start to the campaign, losing four of their opening 13 Premier League matches.

Gallas, who is captaining the side for a second term, has borne the brunt of criticism in the past - most notably after his public demonstration of emotion at Birmingham City last season.

The France international is disappointed he has been made a scapegoat and has now explained of unrest in the Emirates Stadium camp, and in turn demanded his team-mates discover their fighting spirit.

Insults
"When, as captain, some players come up to you and talk to you about a player...complaining about him... and then during the match you speak to this player and the player in question insults us," Gallas told AP. "There comes a time where we can no longer comprehend how this can happen.

"I am trying to defend myself a bit without giving names. Otherwise I'm taking it all (the blame). It's very frustrating," he said. "I'm 31, the player is six years younger than me."

He also revealed a bust-up at half-time of the 4-4 draw with rivals Tottenham Hotspur - a match Arsenal were winning 4-2 with just minutes remaining.

Gallas continued: "There was a problem at half-time. The only thing that I could say at half-time was, 'Guys, we resolve these problems after the match, not at half-time.'

"We have to understand that to be champions, you have to play big matches every weekend and fight. We are coming up against teams who are not scared to play football against us, who are not scared to take us on at our place, and this is becoming dangerous for Arsenal.

Warriors
"We are not brave enough in battle. I think we need to be soldiers. We have to be warriors. There are teams who can do it well against us, and we have to be able to face up to these attacks."

Gallas went on to conclude that it is imperative for the club that they lift silverware after Arsenal last tasted glory back in 2005, when they lifted the FA Cup.

He added: "I have to win something this year. I have to win something, Arsenal has to win something. It's four or five years since Arsenal won anything - 2004 (the league title). That's nearly five years, and that's not good.

"For me the title is not over, it's true that we are nine points behind Chelsea, but you have to be optimistic and you can't give up."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_4525100,00.html
JamCar05

Postby metalhead » Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:53 pm

Really stupid from gallas.

Im reading he had a bust up with RVP, others say Adebayour.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:09 pm

william gallas is the biggest c#nt in the premiership. i'd be embarassed if he was our captain.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Nov 21, 2008 3:50 pm

Wenger needs to belt up and get back to coaching kids.

The club pays the wage, the club decides who does or does not play. That is the end of the matter, and if FIFA want to get involved, they'll find themselves in Court.

How can they possibly have a leg to stand on? It's like walking into your neighbours house and insisting on takin ghteir TV away every few weeks.

Utter lunacy. The sooner the idiot fans of England get the team banned, the better. Because you can guarantee that if England weren't involved, it wouldn't even feature as an aside in most papers.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:33 pm

metalhead wrote:Really stupid from gallas.

Im reading he had a bust up with RVP, others say Adebayour.

if Gallas has his maths right and the player is 6 years his junior...that leaves Sagna, Eboue, RVP and Eduardo. and Adebayor too.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Koptite » Fri Nov 21, 2008 10:34 pm

Gallas is a disgrace he has put several players in the frame with his outburst and it just aint fair. As a pro and Arsenal captian i think he has shown a lack of respect to his fellow players and poor leadership! If i was a arsenal supporter i would be angry and disapointed with his comments, not only is it wrong but the timing of it is :censored:!!!

Ive heard  Arsene Wenger has stripped him of the arm band and he could be on his way out......good F#@king ridence!!!  :angry:
Koptite

Postby maguskwt » Sat Nov 22, 2008 5:51 am

well rumour has it that he was stripped of captaincy and dropped for this weekend's game...
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sat Nov 22, 2008 1:33 pm

he's been dropped. he also had his bio out where he critisizied either Nasir or Benzema and revealed how he plans to return to France. now that they dont have Toure or Fabe in the team, either Clichy or Almunia will be captain. i actually kinda like Arsenal. and Barcelona. they have really stylish football and im sure any neutral loves watching their games with people like Henry and Messi etc. but im thankful we're not like Arsenal in terms of maturity. and ego. we'd be screwed.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Nov 22, 2008 2:55 pm

Arsenal under Wenger always have been and always will be a team of whining nancyboys who expect everything and work for nothing.

They take after their piece of wrinkly sh*t manager - birds of a feather, and all that...

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Nov 22, 2008 6:56 pm

What was it Gallas said. I wont say his name but he is 'S'? He must have been talking about Nasri haha

Maybe all this time he has been really still working for Chelsea luring Arsenal into a false sense of security. :laugh:
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Nov 22, 2008 9:07 pm

As I've watched them today, they were awful! not the Arsenal of the early 2000.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LegBarnes » Sat Nov 22, 2008 10:05 pm

mancs should be fined heavy and have 6 points droped for the rooney and ferd LIES ! :censored: cheating :censored: always cheating never play fair :censored: hate them o didnt i say they was :censored::angry:
LegBarnes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Mon Nov 24, 2008 1:35 pm

LegBarnes wrote:mancs should be fined heavy and have 6 points droped for the rooney and ferd LIES ! :censored: cheating :censored: always cheating never play fair :censored: hate them o didnt i say they was :censored::angry:

Say what  ???
JamCar05

Postby Judge » Mon Nov 24, 2008 5:45 pm

stmichael wrote:william gallas is the biggest c#nt in the premiership. i'd be embarassed if he was our captain.

surely carvalho is that c'unt
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion