Chelski-not impressive

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby A.B. » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:40 pm

In the past two years Chelsea spent 200 million pounds on their players. They are one of the big favourites, but they are disapointing and I think that we are more of a threat then Chelsea is.

Look at their performance thus far. In the first game against Manchester they only win by 1-0. Manchester didn't have 10 players and still they gave them a hard time.

Now on to their performance today. They played Birm'ham and scored only one goal which was scored in the 60th some minute. The game should had been a tie, and it seems that the players they payed so much for (Drogba and Kezman) aren't doing all that well, they haven't even scored in the Premiership.

Arsenal is a bigger threat to us then Chelsea and we are a bigger threat to Arsenal then Chelsea is. Look at our midfield, its solid. Alonso,Gerrard,Garcia and Kewell. Seriously we probably have the best midfield in the Premiership. Our defence isn't bad at all, Josemi, Carragher,Riise and Hyypia are all playing great (not counting Finnan).

Baros finaly scored and both Baros and Ciise can only get better. I am very optimistic about this season, Chelsea beware of the mighty Reds.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:41 pm

2 wins, 2 clean sheets.

You're talking ******. :)
115-1073096938

Postby madred » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:49 pm

Yeah if they are playing s**t after two wins and two clean sheets just think what they might be like if they really turn it on soon? ???
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Aug 21, 2004 8:56 pm

Wow two clean sheets. First clean sheet against a team that was missing its key players, and the second a third rate team. 1-0 is a really big win! [/sarcasm]

Have you watched the Premiership last season? How many times did Arsenal trail by one or more goals and won at the end? Liverpool is capapable of doing the same thing.

Unlike Chelsea we didn't spend so much money on the players who haven't been impressive. I thought Drogba was supposed to be the best striker in France? What happened, has he scored? No, and what about Kezman?

Get serious, if Chelsea wins this year, I will jump out of a moving car.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 115-1073096938 » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:02 pm

Maybe you should do that regardless. :;):

Chelsea have new manager and a ****** load of new players, have alot of class players and haven't settled as a unit still. Yet they've beaten United and Birmingham.

We've conceeded against City and Spurs and managed 4 from 6 points and have a side with players that are pretty much used to each other.

Think about what you're saying, you're talking b*ll*cks.

I personally don't think they'll win it, but your reasoning has double standards. Simple as that.
115-1073096938

Postby madred » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:08 pm

A.B you seem to compare Chelsea to Arsenal and you cant really do that because they would be the first to admit that they are no where near them yet. But its going to take time for Chelsea to gel just like it is Liverpool and believe it when i say Chelsea are going to be up there challenging Arsenal all the way. Beating the mancs is still no easy task even when they are without a few key players and even Birmingham is not a easy place to go. I hate Chelsea but credit where its due they are still finding their feet under Mourihno and im sure he will be delighted.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:11 pm

stu_the_red wrote:Maybe you should do that regardless. :;):

Chelsea have new manager and a ****** load of new players, have alot of class players and haven't settled as a unit still. Yet they've beaten United and Birmingham.

We've conceeded against City and Spurs and managed 4 from 6 points and have a side with players that are pretty much used to each other.

Think about what you're saying, you're talking b*ll*cks.

I personally don't think they'll win it, but your reasoning has double standards. Simple as that.

"We've conceeded against City and Spurs and managed 4 from 6 points and have a side with players that are pretty much used to each other."

[list]
[*]We didn't waste 200 million on our players, nobody is expecting us to even come near the first place. When you spend so much money on somebody then they need to prove themselves otherwise that money that was spent was useless. Do you understand what I am saying? There is a lot of things expected from those players in Chelsea, yet they haven't proven themselves thus far.

Drogba and Kezman were signed about the same time Cisse was. All three players played equal amount of pre-season games and Cisse settled in the Premiership quite faster than Kezman and Drogba. Cisse has already scored and looked sharp while Kezman and Drogba haven't, so much money spent on them yet they haven't proven themselves.

How many times have I said that class players don't make a club good. Have you not learned anything from Real Madrid? Just look at their squad for Christ's sake. "Ronaldo,Morientes,Beckham,Roberto Carlos,Zidane,Figo,Raul" and what have they accomplished since signing those players? Absolutely nothing, they came in third place and got eliminated in the Champions league.

Chelsea and Real are exactly the same imo. They have world class players but have nothing to show for.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby madred » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:13 pm

Bloody hell A.B fella!! We are only two games into the new season!! :D
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:19 pm

madred wrote:Bloody hell A.B fella!! We are only two games into the new season!! :D

And? What if LFC spent so much money like Chelsea, and bought two good players. Played two games and they didn't score, you all would be critisizing them. I've heard so much about Kezman and Drogba, I thought they were going to score three goals a piece in the first few games.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby madred » Sat Aug 21, 2004 9:28 pm

Chelsea fans will probably be dissapointed that neither of them has got off the mark yet but they wont be worried because they will say its probably a matter of time before they do the business.
madred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby zarababe » Sat Aug 21, 2004 11:37 pm

The facts are that we and Chelski have new managers, players etc.. it's too early to judge what will happen.. Arsenal are the only one's.. so far to be on fire

We'll do well... Benitez has that inspiring aura around him  :)
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby laza » Sun Aug 22, 2004 4:22 am

madred wrote:Bloody hell A.B fella!! We are only two games into the new season!! :D

Imagine the contents of the threads when we are 6 or 7 games into the season  :D
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Aug 22, 2004 11:23 am

We have been waiting and seeing if Liverpool can finish top three (hopefully we can, yet it still needs hardworks and strong commitments)
We have been waiting and seeing if Chelsea can NOT finish top three (Hopefully not, yet it looks like they can)
We have been waiting and seeing if Arsenal can NOT be the champion again
(looks like they can only get better since the last EPL, since no significant change is made)
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion