Ronaldo wants out

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:18 am

Ronaldo confirms: I want out
By Graeme Bailey -  Created on 9 Jul 2006

Cristiano Ronaldo has rocked Manchester United by confirming that he does indeed want to quit Old Trafford.

Signs that Ronaldo was unsettled first emerged earlier this month when he confirmed that he had spoken to one of Real Madrid’s presidential candidates about a move to Spain.

Since then Ronaldo has infamously clashed with team-mate Wayne Rooney during Portugal’s quarter-final success over England, the 21-year-old seeming to urge referee Horacio Elizondo to red card his club team-mate for his stamp on Ricardo Carvalho.

Rooney was indeed sent off, and ever since Ronaldo has been roundly booed during the finals.

The former Sporting Lisbon winger, who only signed a new long-term contract late last year, stated that a decision on his future would be made following the World Cup.

And after Portugal’s 3-1 third place play-off defeat to Germany, Ronaldo admitted that he wants to quit The Red Devils.

"I think I should get out of Manchester, the circumstances are not right to keep playing in Manchester," said Ronaldo, who confirmed that a move to La Liga — possibly with Real - is his preferred option.

"In two or three days I will decide where to go. I always said I wanted to play in Spain.

"Nobody stood up for me at Manchester, although I did not do anybody any harm."

The news is sure to be a huge blow to Sir Alex Ferguson, who has nurtured Ronaldo since his £12 million arrival from Portugal in 2003.

He has already highlighted Ronaldo and Rooney as the future of United, but now it seems he has a real battle on his hands to keep the former.

smelling a panicking chicken here,

anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby anti-hero » Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:45 am

Dude.

Who the fuck cares? :D

I mean really! WHO the fuck cares if Ronaldo leaves the Mancs? :laugh:

One less bastard in the league.

That can only be good right? :D
anti-hero
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sparky » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:21 am

rumours thread

+ who cares!
"My Idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility"

"To build Liverpool up and up, untill eventually everyone would have to submit!!!"
Sparky

Postby anfieldadorer » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:10 am

Sparky wrote:rumours thread

+ who cares!

no, it's no rumor, sky sports say he did say it
and if you don't care, just don't bother replying

and my particular point here is none of information provision, but having a go at this diver fella

not including you anti-hero, your post sounds friendly -and cheery  :D
Last edited by anfieldadorer on Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
anfieldadorer
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RichardLFC1 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:56 am

Sparky wrote:rumours thread

+ who cares!

erm i care. I think its a good thread

RIP DRUMMERPHIL
RichardLFC1
LFC Super Member

Postby El Nino_#9 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 1:04 pm

El Nino_#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Sun Jul 09, 2006 2:10 pm

Read that too and it made me laugh: "Nobody stood up for me at Manchester"!  What a self-absorbed, insecure little whinger he is.  Ferguson will want to get shut of him now with that attitude.  Best part is, the Mancs can't really afford to lose him.  Good times! :D
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby laza » Sun Jul 09, 2006 3:51 pm

Yeah i care one of best things to happen out of World Cup
The MANCs looks to  have lost one of their stars who they were pinning their rebuild on

Good times indeed
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kobashi » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:07 pm

I agree with him totally. Ferguson or David Gil should of publically backed him and showed that they back him totally.  His one of the best wingers in the world and will only get better and Utd have really screwed up.  Would be a v good sigining for Madrid.
kobashi

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 4:40 pm

kobashi wrote:I agree with him totally. Ferguson or David Gil should of publically backed him and showed that they back him totally.  His one of the best wingers in the world and will only get better and Utd have really screwed up.  Would be a v good sigining for Madrid.

What on earth are you on about? Ferguson is hardly going to come out and defend Cristiano Ronaldo. Because a) Ronaldo & Rooney are both his players, therefore he's hardly going to come out and pubically defend Ronaldo because that makes it look like he's taken Ronaldo's side. B) Ronaldo's behaviour has been inexcusable. And Ferguson is more than supportive of all his players, particulary the younger ones.
48-1119859832

Postby kobashi » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:00 pm

0asis wrote:
kobashi wrote:I agree with him totally. Ferguson or David Gil should of publically backed him and showed that they back him totally.  His one of the best wingers in the world and will only get better and Utd have really screwed up.  Would be a v good sigining for Madrid.

What on earth are you on about? Ferguson is hardly going to come out and defend Cristiano Ronaldo. Because a) Ronaldo & Rooney are both his players, therefore he's hardly going to come out and pubically defend Ronaldo because that makes it look like he's taken Ronaldo's side. B) Ronaldo's behaviour has been inexcusable. And Ferguson is more than supportive of all his players, particulary the younger ones.

Ferguson could of said "Its wrong for the England media and fans to make Ronaldo a scapegoat for England's defeat".   

The fact that the club have said nothing now looks like Man Utd will lose one of their best players who will be very very difficult to replce.
kobashi

Postby 48-1119859832 » Sun Jul 09, 2006 8:46 pm

Ronaldo shouldn't of been anywhere near the incident, Ronaldo shouldn't of winked at Scolari and spoken to the referee, the fact he has done this and dived around the place in every Portugal games has led to him falling from grace shall we say? And Ferguson won't take sides where two of his players are concerned, Man Utd did the right thing as far as I'm concerned, it was an International matter.
48-1119859832

Postby EddieC » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:00 pm

Look at it this way.

Imagine we'd played Spain at the WC. Luis Garcia gets Gerrard sent off & winks at the bench after. Would you want Benitez to back Garcia & upset Gerrard?

Every Utd fan I've spoken to says the same thing. They'd be happy for the Portugese winker to leave on a free, rather than see Rooney go for any price.
EddieC
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kash_Mountain » Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:14 pm

He is saying that he's got to leave because Mwancker Utd to stand up for him etc etc. I wouldn't be suprised if he actually orchestrated the whole thing to get a move away from Utd.

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby matrix » Sun Jul 09, 2006 10:33 pm

Kash_Mountain wrote:He is saying that he's got to leave because Mwancker Utd to stand up for him etc etc. I wouldn't be suprised if he actually orchestrated the whole thing to get a move away from Utd.

spot on dude...he wanted to leave  he is just using england and rooney as a reason to leave, im glad he is going, cause the scum will miss him thats for sure,  houllier wanted to sign him just before he moved to the manure...

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion