RAHEEM STERLING - Official Thread

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 10:40 am

if I was to refuse to do my job then my company have the right to terminate my contract and therefore sack me.
However, footballer is not a normal job because if they do that then they lose potentially £50m , this is why Sterling can refuse safely knowing that the club won't just fire his ***** out of the door.

Sooner Man City rock up with £50m big ones the better
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby kazza » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:07 am

Despite informing the club of his desire to leave earlier this summer, Liverpool forward Raheem Sterling is likely to travel for their pre-season

Raheem Sterling is expected to travel with the rest of the Liverpool squad for their pre-season tour of the Far East and Australia, reports on Tuesday claim.

This comes as suitors to the wantaway forward, Manchester City, have stalled on their interest.

James Pearce of the Liverpool Echo writes: “The Reds have been prepared for a third bid from Manchester City for Sterling since they rejected an improved offer of £35 million rising to £40 million last month.

“However, three weeks on, there has been no further talks between the clubs with City reluctant to meet Liverpool’s £50 million valuation.

“Unless City make a decisive move in the coming days then Sterling, who reported back to Melwood for the start of pre-season on Monday, will fly with Brendan Rodgers’ men to Thailand on Sunday.

“Their first tour game is in Bangkok next Tuesday.”

Though having a player who clearly doesn’t want to be there could be a potentially toxic situation for the Reds, as Pearce notes, this hardline approach has worked in the past.

“Liverpool found themselves in a similar situation on tour two years ago when Luis Suarez was trying to engineer a move to Arsenal,” he continued.

“The Reds refused to bow to his demands and the Uruguayan striker was later banished to train on his own before accepting he was going nowhere and knuckling down.”

Luis Suarez, of course, then contributed to the title challenge of 2013/14—there is precedent of success with this approach.

With Sterling valued by the Reds at £50 million, there is cause to believe that his future is intertwined with that of Liverpool target Christian Benteke.

Aston Villa are expecting a £32.5 million fee for the Belgian striker.

As Pearce continues, he stresses that the similarity in the pair’s situation puts Liverpool in an interesting position.

“Anfield officials are respectful of Villa’s position on the basis that Liverpool have adopted a similarly hardline stance with Sterling – placing a price on a player they don’t want to lose which they insist is non-negotiable.”

If Sterling does go on Liverpool’s pre-season tour, it could be unlikely that he is joined by Benteke.

City’s next move could be pivotal in Rodgers’ pursuit of the Villa man.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Soupyzrx » Wed Jul 08, 2015 11:30 am

Buck Rodgers » Tue Jul 07, 2015 10:16 pm wrote:...........so I would prefer him to stay and develop as a player with us as it would benefit our team

That is as may be, but he doesn’t want to stay, so hell roast him. We MUST get rid. ASAP!!
A player like this who doesn’t want to be at his club will be more of a hindrance than a help.
Now, I know the same was said of Luis Suarez when he tried to force the move to Arsenal, but Suarez is a different kind of player, and when he was made to stay with us, he got the head down and really put a shift in for his last season. He knew what he was doing, he was boosting his value and attractiveness (is that a word?) to potential buyers, and it worked a treat, but this wee ballbag is now refusing to tour with his team (employers), so he is showing his true colours and mentality.
I have no time for him and I think that to keep him would be a mistake, because I don’t think he would benefit the team now at all. His surly, childish petulance would continually upset the team spirit.
This is a ridiculously well-paid ‘professional’ throwing all his toys out of his pram very publicly.
Not very professional and the sooner he starts warming the bench at Citeh, the better.
And, I don’t actually think he is all that good either. He had a good season a couple of  years ago, entirely down to Suarez and Sturridge in wonderful form, but let’s face it, the way they were playing, the could’ve made a one-legged pig on a pogo-stick look good, and it obviously lifted his form and confidence too, along with the rest of the team. But last year he was entirely droppable, and he will not be missed, in my opinion.
Disrespecting our team is disrespecting us, and I for one don’t seem to be taking it very well lol.   :veryangry

I don’t wish to seem too uncharitable like, but I hope he gets photographed in Bangkok sometime, snorting coke of the back of a lady-boy hooker, knacker-deep, whilst delivering a reach-around and smoking the biggest Camberwell carrot you ever saw. That would make me laugh.   :D
Soupyzrx
LFC Advanced Member

Postby Buck Rodgers » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:02 pm

He's a kid for goodness sake and right now he is making the wrong choices - every single person does it , we are all guilty of making the wrong choices at one stage in his life. He is more than likely getting poor advice from someone who is only looking after himself as opposed to Sterling - some of the stuff said about him is out of order , the abuse being dished out on social media is a disgrace - especially if it's true about his mobile number and him being abused directly

He is a young man who he thinks can further his career by moving to a club that right now is challenging for trophies and has CL exposure - just like a number of players have in the past - can we really blame him ?

If we all had a chance to further our career would we not look to take that chance ?

If he goes he goes - we get a good price and the young lad can go on in his career but if he stays then we give him the same support we have Suarez and watch him develop with us.

But the abuse is out of order and it's something that's have pushed itself into our game - I thought the images of Gerrards shirt being burned and him getting abused was bad but it was just the start.
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby C-R » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:19 pm

yeh whatever...

and now he has phoned in sick for training today

http://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/sport/fo ... ng-9612589
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Doeboy » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:20 pm

He is such a bell end. Obviously been tapped up a while ago by City through his agent, who is obviously gagging for a massive pay day. Hopefully we get a massive fee and are shot of him. His behaviour is the complete opposite of what the club is about and I am done with this clown
Doeboy

Postby johnbarnes » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:26 pm

Buck Rodgers » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:02 pm wrote:He's a kid for goodness sake and right now he is making the wrong choices - every single person does it , we are all guilty of making the wrong choices at one stage in his life. He is more than likely getting poor advice from someone who is only looking after himself as opposed to Sterling - some of the stuff said about him is out of order , the abuse being dished out on social media is a disgrace - especially if it's true about his mobile number and him being abused directly

He is a young man who he thinks can further his career by moving to a club that right now is challenging for trophies and has CL exposure - just like a number of players have in the past - can we really blame him ?

If we all had a chance to further our career would we not look to take that chance ?

If he goes he goes - we get a good price and the young lad can go on in his career but if he stays then we give him the same support we have Suarez and watch him develop with us.

But the abuse is out of order and it's something that's have pushed itself into our game - I thought the images of Gerrards shirt being burned and him getting abused was bad but it was just the start.

I agree with you fully.
However, since the days of G Best, footballers have known they are in the public eye and with that comes a social responsibility, whether they want it or not; whether it is fair or not. IMO, they are not role models, but do have a social place to up keep, just like a Doctor or a Teacher; it's simple standards we have in a developed society.

The very fact that the general public can interact with these superstars directly is just the social conditioning that LFC would have prepared R Sterling and others for, from a very early age. As an adult (18 years old) R Sterling had and has a choice. To pick up the sword of social media a weald it as he pleases is his choice. But by exercising his choice and rights, so do the general public who choose to follow him on social media. Basically if you live by the sword, then you will die by the sword.

As if making a fortune in wages wasn't enough for the modern footballer. They now exploit there fans with digital social platforms which makes them even more $$$.
This is THE POST BECKHAM ERA and as consumers we have demanded this...

Generally this whole thing is good for modern day football and its employees, as what the general public are showing is that; FOR EVERY ACTION THER IS A REACTION! A harsh lesson for some.
May be some of these fans are teaching R Sterling and potentially other pro footballers, something that teachers no longer have a platform to teach correctly in the classroom?
johnbarnes
LFC Super Member

Postby C-R » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:27 pm

and i suppose it is pure coincidence that he has "phoned in sick" today  :no
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red till i die!! » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:43 pm

Not surprised this is getting dirty  :no Maybe city aren't willing to pay the full asking price and expect the player to force the move through. Its kind of like what we are doing with benteke  :nod .
They leave tomorrow on their tour and when I seen CR'S post about him calling in sick I assumed he could be doing a medical with them today.
As of yet though I don't think he has handed in a transfer request ? That to me is the point of no return.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby leeroy74 » Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:23 pm

I hope his mum has told him if he's too sick to work today he can't play out tonight. naughty boy.
leeroy74
LFC Super Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:23 pm

Buck Rodgers » Wed Jul 08, 2015 12:02 pm wrote:He's a kid for goodness sake and right now he is making the wrong choices - every single person does it , we are all guilty of making the wrong choices at one stage in his life. He is more than likely getting poor advice from someone who is only looking after himself as opposed to Sterling - some of the stuff said about him is out of order , the abuse being dished out on social media is a disgrace - especially if it's true about his mobile number and him being abused directly

FFS Benny ! C'mon and stop playing Mother Teresa !

Sterling is a 20 year old talented footballer. He's old enough to vote, has already fathered a child and is a full England International. Immature perhaps BUT he's no longer a kid !

Represented by a very savvy agent no doubt they're both laughing their socks of whilst rubbing their hands with glee at the prospect of the massive cash windfall they're about to receive.

Coached and Groomed by our club Sterling at 20 is now set to win the lottery.

If the transfer goes through Sterling (and his agent) financially will be set for life irrespective of whatever happens to him in the rest of his career .

So please don't try and "snow" us with garbarge about Sterling being "just a kid" and only wants to win things, the fella's actually a lot smarter than you are !

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby Buck Rodgers » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:46 pm

Sterling himself is far from smart - plenty around the club will tell you that.

He is a very naive , easily led boy. He is a symbol of how young people are these days.

It's far from being "garbage" unless you believe that people do go through life without making mistakes as they are growing up and maturing - I certainly did and certainly seen plenty that age making mistakes and wrong choices.

Being old enough to vote or fathering a child doesn't stop being immature or being a kid nor does having international caps.

Where did I say in my post "he only wants to win things"

I said he wants to further his career at another club which is challenging for titles and has CL exposure right now - there is no doubt that any of us of given the chance would also want to further their career but financially and medal wise.

He wants to leave the club - isn't the first and won't be the last - doesn't mean he deserves to be abused and I'm pretty sure no one on here had any issues when I think it was Lovren last year was forcing the same sort of move through to come to us.

Players want to move on if they think a club can further them - City right now offer him more than what we can both on and off the pitch so he wants to go. It's the way the game is now and it's something we need to accept
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

Postby woof woof ! » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:33 pm

Buck Rodgers » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:46 pm wrote:Sterling himself is far from smart - plenty around the club will tell you that.

He is a very naive , easily led boy. He is a symbol of how young people are these days.

It's far from being "garbage" unless you believe that people do go through life without making mistakes as they are growing up and maturing - I certainly did and certainly seen plenty that age making mistakes and wrong choices.

Being old enough to vote or fathering a child doesn't stop being immature or being a kid nor does having international caps.

I said he wants to further his career at another club which is challenging for titles and has CL exposure right now - there is no doubt that any of us of given the chance would also want to further their career but financially and medal wise.

He wants to leave the club - isn't the first and won't be the last - doesn't mean he deserves to be abused and I'm pretty sure no one on here had any issues when I think it was Lovren last year was forcing the same sort of move through to come to us.

Players want to move on if they think a club can further them - City right now offer him more than what we can both on and off the pitch so he wants to go. It's the way the game is now and it's something we need to accept

And you know this to be a fact because  ???

there is no doubt that any of us of given the chance would also want to further their career but financially and medal wise

Well, given your declaration,  I'm not in any doubt that YOU would toss aside any loyalty to a club you're part of  in favour of joining a club that will provide you with the medals and money that you seek, but thankfully the likes of Stevie G and many others in this forum (if they had the skill), wouldn't .

Hopefully Sterling gets his move to Man City and with any luck you'll soon be giving the "Blue Moon" forum the benefit of your asinine observations

It's far from being "garbage" unless you believe that people do go through life without making mistakes as they are growing up and maturing - I certainly did

Erm, how come you're using the past tense here  ?

:D   :D   :D

woof woof !
Forum Moderator

Postby C-R » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:35 pm

Excellent post Woof, thank you  :nod   :nod
C-R
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Buck Rodgers » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:41 pm

woof woof ! » Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:33 pm wrote:
Buck Rodgers » Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:46 pm wrote:Sterling himself is far from smart - plenty around the club will tell you that.

And you know this to be a fact because  ???

there is no doubt that any of us of given the chance would also want to further their career but financially and medal wise

Well, given your declaration,  I'm not in any doubt that YOU would toss aside any loyalty to a club you're part of  in favour of joining a club that will provide you with the medals and money that you seek, but thankfully the likes of Stevie G and many others in this forum (if they had the skill), wouldn't .

Hopefully Sterling gets his move to Man City and with any luck you'll soon be giving the "Blue Moon" forum the benefit of your asinine observations

It's far from being "garbage" unless you believe that people do go through life without making mistakes as they are growing up and maturing - I certainly did

Erm, how come you're using the past tense here  ?

:D   :D   :D

1. - because people around the club have told me that and you only have to watch the "Being Liverpool" documentary and look and his actions.

2. - what does "my loyalty" have to do with anything ? How many people stick to the same job throughout their life with the same company ? Very very rarely. How many players go through their career playing for one club and one club only - Carra and Gerrard for us recently and even then Gerrard nearly left to pursue money and trophies with another team - add in all the other players that have left in the last three decades to pursue their careers elsewhere - Torres , Masher , Suarez and Alonso are recent examples. Coutinho will no doubt be the next. That's football now - players hang around for 4-5 years then move forward.

3. Not sure what you mean in regards the "Blue Moon" forum ?
Buck Rodgers
LFC Advanced Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion