Will benitez sell gerrard

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Sun Oct 24, 2004 10:35 am

With it looking like Alonso being groomed to take Stevies place, do any of you think Benitez will sell him as we are short of funds?
This is from the mirror but I think its stayed in everyones minds.
I think he might leave end of season, whats your thoughts on this?

KOP HOT ON SCOTT Oct 24 2004

Exclusive By Duncan Wright

LIVERPOOL manager Rafael Benitez wants to end Scott Parker's unhappy spell at Chelsea.

Benitez believes the England international can provide the driving force to improve his side's chances of a top four finish in the Premiership.

And the former Charlton star could even end up being used as a makeweight in a deal to take Steven Gerrard to Stamford Bridge.

While Parker has struggled to make an impact under Jose Mourinho this season, his reputation as one of the Premiership's best young midfielders has not diminished.

And Benitez is well aware of his attributes after spotting the Chelsea midfielder while he was manager of Valencia last season.

The club even indicated before the end of the transfer window in August that they were interested in taking the tough-tackling player to Anfield.

They were joined in the queue by Charlton, Everton, Newcastle and Aston Villa, who are all monitoring whether Parker is given the chance to establish himself in Mourinho's first team.

Mourinho himself has been impressed by the midfielder's attitude in training despite his lack of opportunities for Chelsea.

Parker has been on the bench in the last three games and made his first starting appearance of the season in yesterday's victory over Blackburn.

It would take a bid of about £7million to even tempt Chelsea to sell, but they would be open to the suggestion of a part-exchange deal if Gerrard was involved.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 12:36 pm

in all honsty i cant see gerrard going, especially to chelsea, if he goes anywhere it will be madrid to link up with owen and becks. But why would gerrard want to leave judging by our last few performances?
The Gerrard Alonso partnership could easily become the best midfield pairing since petite and viera and with garcia looking more and more dangerous on the rightand the different options we have on the left our midfield is becoming something to be reckoned with.

Add to that the fact that Anfield is again becoming a fortress i cant really see how moving to chelsea would really be a step up for stevie.

IF we were to sell him, and that is massive if, then i, like yourselves would be gutted, but i know that if we could get 40 million for a player of his calibre it would not be the end of the world.

asically we all want him to stay, hes the heart of our team, but if he were to go then it would not be to one of our biggst rivals.

Lets give chelsea Diao instead, theyd take that...right? ???
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 67-1098209959 » Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:24 pm

I think Gerrard will leave, at least we have Alonso who is a good replacement.
67-1098209959

Postby A.B. » Sun Oct 24, 2004 3:41 pm

I don't think so. Benitez won't sell Gerrard.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 77-1098692964 » Mon Oct 25, 2004 10:20 pm

I doubt Benitez will sell Gerrard...

If he does leave, he deffo won't go to a team like Chelsea...

Well, he has been linked with Real Madrid...
77-1098692964

Return to Premiership - General Discussion