2013/2014 Other Scores  Significant or not

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Aug 18, 2013 4:26 pm

Chelsea looking comfortable
Benny The Noon

Postby Boocity » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:10 pm

Benny The Noon » Sun Aug 18, 2013 2:43 pm wrote:Luke Shaw does look like he is going to be very good - rumours that a deal to either Chelsea or Utd is already sorted to replaced Cole or Evra.

And what do you mean Spurs won't be able to beat many other teams ??? . We are a bit more fluid up front than them but they are stronger at the back and in the middle.

TBH Benny Spurs looked pretty lost without Bale and would have come unstuck against a better team than Palace, I wasn't impressed by either of their big money signings today, you seem to always hold them in high esteem ???
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:13 pm

Soldaldo scored one had a couple saved and set up two glorious chances whilst Paulinho just controlled the middle allowing Dembele to go forward to support alongside Siggurdsson. Not sure what else is expected ?
Benny The Noon

Postby Boocity » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:23 pm

Don't know what game you were watching but it wasn't the same as me, Spurs were ok but Palace were absolute shyte and on that performance will be cannon fodder this season, they couldn't string two passes together, credit were credits due but you seem to praise Spurs all the time
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:26 pm

So which bit of my post about Soldaldo and Paulinho was wrong ? What bit about the game that I have mentioned was wrong ? Not sure exactly which part you have an issue with
Benny The Noon

Postby Boocity » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:41 pm

The only great save I saw the CP keeper make was from Sigurdson, saldaldo is a striker and so he should have shots on goal but he wasn't anything special today, I think spearing could have controlled midfield against palace today. I have issue with the fact that you have to praise spurs all the time and particularly your post saying they are stronger than us at the back and in the middle but we are 'a bit more fluid' up front, that must have took a lot of effort to give your 'own team' a bit of praise. I really do not see how you saw anything special from that game today from either team.
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:48 pm

I didn't say I saw anything special from either team ?

Soldaldo was bought to score goals and guess what he scored the goal that won the match ??? In his first prem game - what more did you expect ? A hat trick ?

And yes Spearing could have controlled the middle but it's not Paulinho's fault that he was faced against Palace - he did what was required of him.

Yes I do believe they are stronger than us at the back and in the middle whilst we are more fluid up front at the moment - can't really see what is wrong with saying that.
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Aug 18, 2013 5:54 pm

Chelsea win with ease. Some frightening options they were able to bring on - Lukaku, Mata , Schurrle !

Torres still looks a useless lump.
Benny The Noon

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 18, 2013 6:56 pm

i thought spurs looked a bit toothless, if they hadnt have got the pen i couldnt see them breaking palace down.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby aCe' » Sun Aug 18, 2013 9:48 pm

Osvaldo to Southampton is a great signing for them...Wouldn't look out of place at top side him... Building quite the side ...
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby damjan193 » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:26 am

Unexpected to say the least. Osvaldo is a great striker, and looking at all of Soton's signings this transfer window, they'll definitely make playing in the Premier League even more difficult for everyone.
But on the other hand, even though Osvaldo is a great striker, I can't see Southampton playing with two out and out CFs. Either Lambert or Osvaldo will have to sit on the bench, and I don't know if Soton can afford that.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Aug 19, 2013 8:31 pm

City cruising at the moment - the front 4 are frightening and that's with players like Negrado , Jovetic and Nasri on the bench then supported by Toure . Playing some very nice football.
Benny The Noon

Postby Benny The Noon » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:57 pm

Well after the first round of matches I think it's clear that the top 3 slots are sorted - going to be close between City and Chelsea - think City's strikers have the edge. Then UTD will be behind them both
Benny The Noon

Postby The Good Yank » Tue Aug 20, 2013 7:43 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Aug 18, 2013 12:56 pm wrote:i thought spurs looked a bit toothless, if they hadnt have got the pen i couldnt see them breaking palace down.

I just watched the match on a replay.  I agree.  Granted spurs looked a bit more threatening but nowhere near as decisive as you would think they should.  And near the end Spurs were very lucky that Palace didn't equalize.  Early days of course.  But not exactly world beaters are Spurs.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby damjan193 » Tue Aug 20, 2013 11:12 am

Benny The Noon » Mon Aug 19, 2013 9:57 pm wrote:Well after the first round of matches I think it's clear that the top 3 slots are sorted - going to be close between City and Chelsea - think City's strikers have the edge. Then UTD will be behind them both

I agree except I think Chelsea are a bit better than City. Chelsea may lack a good striker but the likes of Hazard, de Bryne, Oscar, Schurle, Mata make up for it. Either way, both look massively improved, especially City since I didn't rate them very high at all, despite their results.
damjan193
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion