Other scores significant or not - 2012-13

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby ethanr » Mon Aug 20, 2012 11:41 pm

stmichael » Mon Aug 20, 2012 1:59 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Mon Aug 20, 2012 10:44 pm wrote:
stmichael » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:06 pm wrote:fellaini was immense. that's exactly what carroll should be doing for us.

in the derby games last season carroll dominated felliani in the air in all 3 meetings, especially the 3-0 at anfield.
thats where i`m not a big fan of rodgers tactical inflexibility and this total faith in this system of his, fellaini proved today that united struggle to cope with an ariel presence in their own box but will carroll be playing against them when we meet them in a few weeks time? carroll is better than fellaini in the air but we will probably try and play on the floor which is playing to their defensive strengths and ignoring their weaknesses.
you`ve got to be able to mix it up imo.

yep. exactly right.

Can't imagine Felliani will be sticking around much longer.  He had a good season last year, and he looked incredible today.  They really did feed everything through him, and his ability to control anything they threw at him was incredible.  By the end of the game, they didn't even bother trying to win anything in the air with him because it always just ended in him blowing past them, or them fouling him.

If Carroll could be used like that, he would be a huge asset for us.

Credit to Everton, a thoroughly deserved win.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby Kash_Mountain » Tue Aug 21, 2012 4:43 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Aug 20th, '12, 22:44 wrote:
stmichael » Mon Aug 20, 2012 9:06 pm wrote:fellaini was immense. that's exactly what carroll should be doing for us.

in the derby games last season carroll dominated felliani in the air in all 3 meetings, especially the 3-0 at anfield.
thats where i`m not a big fan of rodgers tactical inflexibility and this total faith in this system of his, fellaini proved today that united struggle to cope with an ariel presence in their own box but will carroll be playing against them when we meet them in a few weeks time? carroll is better than fellaini in the air but we will probably try and play on the floor which is playing to their defensive strengths and ignoring their weaknesses.

Agree, I'd rather we kept Carroll, cause IMO, he does have a good first touch etc, and is good / strong in the air + Mwancks hate that. We do need to mix it up and I reckon, Carroll could easily adapt (BR hopefully has a Plan B, C.....when it's not going our way.....

Anyway, was Whisky Nose right re Evershite (long ball), or does he just a sore loser (or even have a very sore nose ?)

ABSOLUTE STRENGTH       

ImageImage
Kash_Mountain

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Tue Aug 21, 2012 8:16 pm

Kash_Mountain » Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:43 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Aug 20th, '12, 22:44 wrote:

Agree, I'd rather we kept Carroll, cause IMO, he does have a good first touch etc, and is good / strong in the air + Mwancks hate that. We do need to mix it up and I reckon, Carroll could easily adapt (BR hopefully has a Plan B, C.....when it's not going our way.....

Anyway, was Whisky Nose right re Evershite (long ball), or does he just a sore loser (or even have a very sore nose ?)

ferguson was probably just having his usual sly dig but i dont suppose david moyes is bothered.
everton are usually slow starters but they are a bit quicker out of the blocks this season, beating united is no easy task especially for a club with evertons budget.
i hate to say it but everton could be a force this season on the sly, they had a good second half of last season (beating the likes of city, chelsea, spurs, newcastle and drawing 4-4 at old trafford) and had a good run in the f.a cup getting to the semi final`s, as a club they seem to be gathering a bit of momentum.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 22, 2012 8:36 pm

my god torres is gash :D

reading have been excellent though in the last twenty minutes of that half.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:38 pm

the reading keeper drops a clanger for the equaliser and then torres is well offside but somehow the goal is allowed to stand, by hook or by crook the other sides just seem to get the job done.
chelsea are 6 points ahead of us already and the season has barely started.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 22, 2012 9:54 pm

there has never been a luckier manager than di matteo.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby ethanr » Thu Aug 23, 2012 1:39 am

stmichael » Wed Aug 22, 2012 12:54 pm wrote:there has never been a luckier manager than di matteo.

It's getting a bit f*cking ridiculous, especially considering the luck that goes against clubs like us and Wigan.
ethanr

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Aug 25, 2012 2:29 pm

K'inell Swansea.  They look amazing right now.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby ethanr » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:48 pm

Torres dove for a pen, dove on Colocinni and got a yellow, dove again and attacked the ground in anger at Dowd when he didn't get the call, something much more aggressive than what Suarez was carded for.

Dowd's looking like the next extremely inconsistent ref.
ethanr

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:18 pm

spurs drawing at home against west brom is a poor result for them especially on the back of their loss at st. james park and everton are flying by the sounds of it.
seems like tom ince has had another great game for blackpool, we might have been a bit hasty letting him go.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Aug 25, 2012 8:30 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:18 pm wrote:spurs drawing at home against west brom is a poor result for them especially on the back of their loss at st. james park and everton are flying by the sounds of it.
seems like tom ince has had another great game for blackpool, we might have been a bit hasty letting him go.
Or maybe West Brom under Steve Clarke are more or a force than we first thought?? Makes our result look a little less depressing
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC1990 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 5:11 pm

ethanr » Sat Aug 25, 2012 6:48 pm wrote:Torres dove for a pen, dove on Colocinni and got a yellow, dove again and attacked the ground in anger at Dowd when he didn't get the call, something much more aggressive than what Suarez was carded for.

Dowd's looking like the next extremely inconsistent ref.

I hate Torres but he never dived for the pen and certainly never dived when he got his Yellow.

Dowd is Awful always has been

The master and his apprentice
LFC1990
LFC Super Member

Postby The Good Yank » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:11 pm

Spurs are a mess right now.  bale playing as a right winger??? I hadn't watched either of their first two games.  I dropped Bale from my FF team, now I see why.
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby Boocity » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:43 pm

The Good Yank » Sat Sep 01, 2012 4:11 pm wrote:Spurs are a mess right now.  bale playing as a right winger??? I hadn't watched either of their first two games.  I dropped Bale from my FF team, now I see why.

Wonder what the odds are on AVB making it to Jan  :D
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Sep 01, 2012 7:24 pm

SouthCoastShankly » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:30 pm wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Aug 25, 2012 7:18 pm wrote:spurs drawing at home against west brom is a poor result for them especially on the back of their loss at st. james park and everton are flying by the sounds of it.
Or maybe West Brom under Steve Clarke are more or a force than we first thought?? Makes our result look a little less depressing

good shout mate, west brom do seem to be better than a lot of us thought, in 3 games they`ve beaten us and everton at home and drawn with spurs away. thats impressive, city or united would be happy with that.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion