If owen went to manure?

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Ciggy » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:01 am

The rumours are rife that michael owen will be offered to manure and Ruud the horse going in the opposit direction.
now owen is not a scouser so therefore doesnt have the hatred we have for them, him and Rooney make a good strike partnership, how would we feel if he went there?
Liverpool and manure dont do business with each other however Real and Manure is a diffrent story.
If he was to sign for them would you hate him?
Loose all respect for him?
Wouldnt be bothered?
I would go mad because when Owen was a Liverpool player the mancs used to give us loads sayin he was cr@p, and I imagine Owen turning up at anfield for them would be like a Rooney return to goodison well erm maybe not as bad as that, but it wont be pretty. :glare:

Oops wrong forum MODS could you move it to premiership teams :)
Last edited by Ciggy on Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby akumaface » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:37 am

I don't think it would happen. Not that Owen isn't good enough but its just plain stupid for Real to be interested in getting the injury proned Ruud in return. Probably fabrication again. But just out of curiosity though, we believe we have the first right to buy Owen back but do we have to accept whatever Real is asking? Let say if the fee is too high (say 12 million Euro) and we rejected the idea, Can Real than turn around and sell Owen to other for a cheaper price (say 8 million Euro)?
akumaface
LFC Super Member

Postby murphy0151 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:41 am

If owen goes to munich the next pope will be black.
murphy0151
LFC Super Member

Postby kenco » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:41 am

i could not care less where owen goes as long has he doen't come back to anfield.micheal owen plays for micheal owen, not for the team he plays in.:p :p
"This club exists to win trophies"...rafa benitez.
kenco
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fingers » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:52 am

Can't see it happening, but if it did, couldn't forgive him, not sure if we need (or want him) but couldn't bear to see him in a Man-ure shirt. never :(
As always I am focused on supporting the Cloob and the Manager
Fingers

Postby policy » Fri Apr 22, 2005 8:54 am

I just don't feel that this would happen. (Gut feeling). I think that he will stay because of his popularity and goalscoring. But if the trade did occur, I would think that his true colors would finally show. He still says that he cares about Liverpool, but who really knows?

In America (my everpresent qualification because I am a Los Angeleno), we have mostly given up on any dream of a player's team loyalty. Players and their agents chase the almighty dollar, and that alone (99.99% of the time).

Zidane and the galacticos make about 7 million euros each a year?
That is close to what an average baseball player makes a year.

Alex Rodriquez makes 26 million dollars (14 million pounds) a year.

The concept of transfer fees doesn't make sense to me. There is no such thing here. The teams usually don't receive a dime for transfering a good player.

Eventually, I think that football will change to accomodate the players' greed more as its popularity increases. It will become even more of a meat market than it is now.

That being said, I will not feel too betrayed if Owen becomes a Manure player.

You wouldn't be surprised to know then that I don't own any players shirts. I was close to getting a Gerrard shirt, but hey, it is the name of the team on the front of the shirt that is more important than the one on the back.
Mourinho was customizing his flashy blue racing car -- applying the finishing touches of go-faster stripes, aerodynamic spoilers and a fat f@ck you exhaust -- while on his red car, Benitez was trying to glue together a broken chassis, repair bodywork and replace burst tyres.
- Paul Tomkins
policy

Postby JBG » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:10 am

I'm not too convinced. I'd say the sensible money is now on Owen staying in Madrid for another season.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 9:24 am

It would be like a dagger in my heart if he went there.  I wouldn't have his name mentioned in my presence EVER again.

But I can't see it happening....
jonnymac1979

Postby azriahmad » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:22 am

Frank Rijkard is the one who wants van Nistelroy for Barca, who reportedly said that he'd be a perfect partner for Eto'o, not Real Madrid.
azriahmad
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 112-1077774096 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:24 am

azriahmad wrote:Frank Rijkard is the one who wants van Nistelroy for Barca, who reportedly said that he'd be a perfect partner for Eto'o, not Real Madrid.

the english papers are quoting real madrid mate, u can read them online
112-1077774096

Postby laza » Fri Apr 22, 2005 10:32 am

If he went to the MANCs then he become Persona Non Gratis as far im concerned.
I was gutted enough when he left especially in the circumstances he went  but to go the MANCs really would be the last straw
Forever Red in this life and the next
laza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Nando » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:12 am

he is still considered a great in the club's eyes and the eagerness to take him back by the management tells you the club has no bitterness over his departure, however if he goes to the scum he would be just kicking us in the teeth and his legacy at liverpool would be tainted, we hold no contempt but if he wants to go to man utd he would be 1 of the most hated ex players in the clubs history
Nando
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tel » Fri Apr 22, 2005 11:24 am

Madrid want van Nistelrooy. Of course the first player they'd offer in exchange is the one they want least.

Ferguson would ask for Raul in exchange anyway.

Owen's only back to English football is Newcastle or Spurs.
tel

Postby LFC #1 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:52 pm

It would make me sick.
Last edited by LFC #1 on Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Fowler_E7 » Fri Apr 22, 2005 2:57 pm

murphy0151 wrote:If owen goes to munich the next pope will be black.

well a Cardinal from Nigeria was one of the candidates to be the pope this year, so maybe there is something in this rumour  :laugh:
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion