Houllier

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby puroresu » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:01 pm

Big Niall wrote:How come nobody else has pointed out that evans team was better in the league (never outside top 4) and played much better football to watch.

The others were cup managers, but football is about leagues.

Also Evans is the only one that didnt' criticise the former manager (and plenty he could say about the mess Souness left). Evans has more class than the other two.

Totally agree.  In the last 15 years the best football we have played was under Evan's.  There is no doubt about that!!

I found it quite funny for Houllier to be talking about the Boot Room traditions when he had no problem coming into Anfield undermining the current Manager at the time who was Evans.
puroresu

Postby boodiddy1 » Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:06 pm

He's french! They are bitter at the end of the day. Look at platini, he would like nothing more than to see us in ruins. the FFF stands for fat french fook.

Class was a Liverpool way, roy knows this and will get it back. Go on roy. nnnnnnnnnnn 19.
boodiddy1

Postby mrt » Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:08 pm

Felt sorry for James.  Bombed out just as we signed Hyypia and Henchoz.  Did yer head in sometimes but would like to have seen him behind a decent defence.  Houllier?  Went off him when I read he'd called Ginola a traitor and blamed him for France failing to qualify for the world cup.  Would have Evans over Houllier all day.  Credit due for signing Sami, Stephane and Didi, though.
mrt

Postby Big Niall » Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:47 am

I remember John Barnes doing what Ginola did against in ARsenal in 89, last minute too. Can you imagine Kenny calling Barnes a traitor.

A classless :censored: that I always despised. Ever wonder why the team he couldn't even qualify won the world cup just 4 years later and the slimebag tried to get credit for that too.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:19 am

NANNY RED wrote:Dion Fanning on Twitter

Winning the European Cup with Djimi Traore was Benitez's achievement. Signing him was Houllier's..

:laugh:

I'd love to see Ged come back on that one!
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:30 am

Vacant Fulham job ready and waiting for you there now Ged :;): Have a word with your suddenly best mate Roy to put a word in ,  :glare:
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby In and Out » Thu Jul 22, 2010 11:58 am

bigmick wrote:I don't need to read Tompkins to know he'll say that the previous manager to this one was a far better manager than Houllier. Funnily enough I agree with him. However on the section he's no doubt included where he talks about the fact that "we would have won the league under Rafa if we didn't have to play Away matches in London and got a 1 goal start against Man Utd and Chelsea", I think he is talking b0ll0cks. Not that is IS b0ll0cks per se, (as we probably would have won the league under those circumstances), but it's just irrelevent. Much like the time he produced a league table where Away goals counted double and you didn't include goals scored against us by blokes with a vowel in their name or whatever the feck it was. We won the league under that system as well as I recall, it was just at the plain old three points for a win that we struggled a bit.

Tompkins talks even more b0ll0cks than me which is saying something, and he gets paid for it too which says something more (about me). The previous manager was a much better manager than Houllier though, of that I'm certain.

:Oo:
:laugh:
Football is a relatively simple game and Roy knows it ;)
In and Out
LFC Super Member

Postby maguskwt » Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:20 pm

Agree with Tompkins 100%
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Thu Jul 22, 2010 1:35 pm

mrt wrote:Felt sorry for James.  Bombed out just as we signed Hyypia and Henchoz.  Did yer head in sometimes but would like to have seen him behind a decent defence.  Houllier?  Went off him when I read he'd called Ginola a traitor and blamed him for France failing to qualify for the world cup.  Would have Evans over Houllier all day.  Credit due for signing Sami, Stephane and Didi, though.

James cost us the league under Evans in 96, he was terrible, he finished by costing us the cup final too.

He earned the name calamity.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ben oseman » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:43 pm

houlier is underated imo, he built a good team, smicer,berger,barmby ,babel, heskey, henchoz, hyypia, developed gerrrard, he also won more trophies than rafa
alberto aquilani = class footballer. only a matter of time my friends and we will be enlightened
ben oseman

Postby bigmick » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:45 pm

ben oseman wrote:houlier is underated imo, he built a good team, smicer,berger,barmby ,babel, heskey, henchoz, hyypia, developed gerrrard, he also won more trophies than rafa

I have come to the conclusion ben that you are a wind up merchant. Anyone who includes the words "good team" and "Heskey" in the same sentence is either mental or a wind up.
Last edited by bigmick on Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ben oseman » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:48 pm

heskey was an asset to us during his anfield career , played well with owen.
however we did pay a lot of money for him 10mil
alberto aquilani = class footballer. only a matter of time my friends and we will be enlightened
ben oseman

Postby bigmick » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:49 pm

ben oseman wrote:heskey was an asset to us during his anfield career , played well with owen.
however we did pay a lot of money for him 10mil

That's as maybe, but why do you have blue writing  ??? Feck pubs I should have been a private detective  :D .
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ben oseman » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:51 pm

i have blue because most others have black, and i prefer blue. red is my favourite tho m8
ben oseman

Postby bigmick » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:55 pm

ben oseman wrote:i have blue because most others have black, and i prefer blue. red is my favourite tho m8

Why not have red then ??? This is a very odd day.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion