Everton - WORMS/SLUGS

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Wed Dec 10, 2003 2:46 pm

Dom1 wrote:BUT DON'T FORGET LIVERPOOL WERE EVERTON!

Erm no, that's where you're wrong! Everton were kicked out of Anfield and the owner built his own team, mainly made up of Scots. Liverpool has always been a team in its own right, founded in 1892. Anfield WAS Everton's but Liverpool were never Everton

Liverpool's History - taken from www.Liverpoolfc.tv

A Bright Beginning

In 1888 the Football League kicked off for the first time and at Anfield, Everton, Liverpool's biggest club of the day were the home side.

John Houlding, 'King' of Everton, a brewer of 'sparkling ales', a mover and shaker in Liverpool politics and a good part of the brains and money behind Everton Football Club was the owner of the Anfield Road ground. In 1892, Everton parted company with Houlding over the issue of the rent paid on the ground.

Houlding was left with a ground but no team, but not for long. He was fortunate that talented Irishman John McKenna, a member of the Everton coaching staff stayed loyal to him. With a hefty loan of £500, McKenna set about building Liverpool Football Club. He looked north for talent and assembled a team which became known as 'the team of all the Macs'. The team all hailed from Scotland with the exception of goalkeeper and Englishman, Bill McOwen…

After a modest double in their first season when they took the Lancashire League title and the Liverpool District Cup, Liverpool entered the new football league Second Division. The Macs romped to the title, unbeaten in the division. Something was happening at Anfield...gates rose from a few hundred to over 3,000 once word got around about the side's high scoring habits.

Sadly the runaway success had to come to an end and the newly promoted team crashed out of the First Division at the end of the season. However they bounced back in fine style, taking the Second Division by storm to return to the First Division determined to stay there.

After finishing as FA Cup runners-up in 1899, Liverpool captured the League Championship in 1901 under the guidance of McKenna's canny successor Tom Watson. The Anfield club had arrived among the teams to be reckoned with. 1901 was no fluke, the title returned to Anfield again in 1906 but the now established side needed more room for its growing army of fans.

Improvements to the ground included the towering hill of earth and cinders which quickly became known as the Kop after the Liverpool Echo compared it to the Spionkop; the hill where Boer guerrillas had inflicted a heavy defeat on the British army a few years earlier. Many of the men killed were from the north west, the name sticking because it was especially poignant.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby greenred » Wed Dec 10, 2003 3:36 pm

you tell im owzat.
ImageImageImage
greenred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Thu Dec 11, 2003 1:23 pm

Dom1 wrote:
Has wrote:And I also heard that Rooney's 2 younger brothers are on Everton's books, and one of them is even better than Rooney, is it true?

well we have a lot of respected youngsters but most of them just sort of dissapear after a few seasons to go to lower league teams for example nick chadwick.

Nick Chadwick was always a fat lump of s##t that coulden't play football.

What about Leon Osman, have you heard of him?

i think yes what about you
Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Sat Dec 13, 2003 1:22 pm

Has wrote:What about Leon Osman, have you heard of him?

i've heard of him obviously but i have never seen him play. he has been on the bench a couple of times for us. but i dont really now what talents the kid possesses!
when you're 4-0 up..
you should never lose 7-1
Dom1

Postby mistyred » Sat Dec 13, 2003 11:46 pm

OWZAT knows his s##t, Good bloody post if that aint throwin facts in somebodys face dont know what is....
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Dec 14, 2003 12:36 am

Well let's not get carried away. Yes, I knew the background but the extract is taken from www.liverpoolfc.tv :)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Sun Dec 14, 2003 11:21 am

Owzat wrote:
Dom1 wrote:BUT DON'T FORGET LIVERPOOL WERE EVERTON!

Erm no, that's where you're wrong! Everton were kicked out of Anfield and the owner built his own team, mainly made up of Scots. Liverpool has always been a team in its own right, founded in 1892. Anfield WAS Everton's but Liverpool were never Everton

Liverpool's History - taken from www.Liverpoolfc.tv

A Bright Beginning

In 1888 the Football League kicked off for the first time and at Anfield, Everton, Liverpool's biggest club of the day were the home side.

John Houlding, 'King' of Everton, a brewer of 'sparkling ales', a mover and shaker in Liverpool politics and a good part of the brains and money behind Everton Football Club was the owner of the Anfield Road ground. In 1892, Everton parted company with Houlding over the issue of the rent paid on the ground.

Houlding was left with a ground but no team, but not for long. He was fortunate that talented Irishman John McKenna, a member of the Everton coaching staff stayed loyal to him. With a hefty loan of £500, McKenna set about building Liverpool Football Club. He looked north for talent and assembled a team which became known as 'the team of all the Macs'. The team all hailed from Scotland with the exception of goalkeeper and Englishman, Bill McOwen…

After a modest double in their first season when they took the Lancashire League title and the Liverpool District Cup, Liverpool entered the new football league Second Division. The Macs romped to the title, unbeaten in the division. Something was happening at Anfield...gates rose from a few hundred to over 3,000 once word got around about the side's high scoring habits.

Sadly the runaway success had to come to an end and the newly promoted team crashed out of the First Division at the end of the season. However they bounced back in fine style, taking the Second Division by storm to return to the First Division determined to stay there.

After finishing as FA Cup runners-up in 1899, Liverpool captured the League Championship in 1901 under the guidance of McKenna's canny successor Tom Watson. The Anfield club had arrived among the teams to be reckoned with. 1901 was no fluke, the title returned to Anfield again in 1906 but the now established side needed more room for its growing army of fans.

Improvements to the ground included the towering hill of earth and cinders which quickly became known as the Kop after the Liverpool Echo compared it to the Spionkop; the hill where Boer guerrillas had inflicted a heavy defeat on the British army a few years earlier. Many of the men killed were from the north west, the name sticking because it was especially poignant.

I DONT GIVE A s##t ABOUT THE LIVERPOOL HISTORY OWZAT!!

I JUST KNOW THE BASICS.
DID U GET A DEGREE IN LIVERPOOL FC OR SOMETHING!!

f##kin HELL!!!!! YAP YAP YAP

BORING Z Z Z ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
when you're 4-0 up..
Dom1

Postby Owzat » Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:52 pm

Don't talk ***** and you don't get a lecture ??? To me there is nothing more boring than an Everton fan trying to preach to a Liverpool fan, mainly because the bible according to Everton doesn't have much content :D
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Mon Dec 15, 2003 2:52 pm

And what did you expect on a LIVERPOOL FC WEBSITE - duh!
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dom1 » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:29 pm

Owzat wrote:And what did you expect on a LIVERPOOL FC WEBSITE - duh!

sh##e
when you're 4-0 up..
Dom1

Postby Dom1 » Mon Dec 15, 2003 3:30 pm

Owzat wrote:Don't talk ***** and you don't get a lecture ??? To me there is nothing more boring than an Everton fan trying to preach to a Liverpool fan, mainly because the bible according to Everton doesn't have much content :D

I DONT PREACH I JUST STATE!!
I AM NOT AT ALL BIASED AND NEVER HAVE BEEN SO. I HAVE NOTHING AGAINST LIVERPOOL OR ITS FANS. THAT IS WHY I AM ON THIS FORUM.
when you're 4-0 up..
Dom1

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Mon Dec 15, 2003 4:20 pm

Where is Duncan Ferguson, they should play him up front with Radzinzki.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby supersub » Mon Dec 15, 2003 7:03 pm

Why?
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW SHINING AT THE END OF EVERY DAY.
THERE'S A GREAT BIG BEAUTIFUL TOMORROW AND TOMORROW IS JUST A DREAM AWAY.
supersub
Forum Moderator

Postby 116-1065305004 » Tue Dec 16, 2003 1:19 am

Ferguson will probably never play for Everton again now he is as doomed as Houllier
116-1065305004

Postby Cool Hand Luke » Tue Dec 16, 2003 5:46 pm

Alan Stubbs, David Unsworth, Weir, do you have an eternity of old s##t defenders.

Cool Hand Luke
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion