Chelsea:wrong three times on the same subject... - But probable champions 2009-2010.

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:51 pm

I've just watched the first half of Villa versus Chelsea, and although it's 1-1 I was mightily impressed with the team in blue. I think they'll win the league this year based on that as they are the best team in it (although it's been a good contest and an even game) and it struck me I've been wrong on three counts with them.

1. Carlo Ancellotti. I underestimated him, he's better than I thought. He's come in, embraced English football, got the players on board, not tried to impose a mantra which was foreign to the group and has fairly obviously fostered a good team spirit. Based on this, he is a good manager.

2. The diamond formation. I had my doubts, but it is working well for them. Specifically, the front two are working the wider areas much more than they used to and whats more the system has a more compact look than when i've seen it previously.  To be honest I'm not sure why, but it's probably Essien and his brilliance. I'm not sure yet though as I say.

3. Deco. Nobody ever denied he was a good player (even me) but the bloke who became almost the epitome of Johnny Foreigner who simply couldn't hack it in my eyes, is playing very well and looks very committed. fair play to him because he is a wonderful footballer.

So anyway it stands 1-1 and by reckoning I've been wrong about Chelsea three from three. I think they'll go on to win this game, and win the title. Hopefully I'm wrong five from five.
Last edited by bigmick on Sat Oct 17, 2009 1:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:12 pm

A thread about wankin.g over Chelsea? Did we really need a thread for this? What's next a thread at how good utd really are whenit comes to coming from behind? ffs
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Oct 17, 2009 3:19 pm

btw Chelsea lost.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Madmax » Sat Oct 17, 2009 7:04 pm

bavlondon wrote:A thread about wankin.g over Chelsea? Did we really need a thread for this? What's next a thread at how good utd really are whenit comes to coming from behind? ffs

:D
Madmax
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Oct 17, 2009 9:55 pm

bavlondon wrote:A thread about wankin.g over Chelsea? Did we really need a thread for this? What's next a thread at how good utd really are whenit comes to coming from behind? ffs

Apologies sincerely that the thread irked you so Bav, I was a bit p!ssed at the time and was kind of thinking out loud. The thread wasn't really about Chelsea as you so colourfully put it, it was more about how my impressions of them were being undone. And they lost although I didn't watch the second half  :laugh:

On a side note, I've noticed that your tone when referring to my posts or points of view has got appreciably more hostile than I'm accustomed to. That's OK, just as long as you know that when you change your mind about the manager again and become more friendly I won't hold a grudge :buttrock.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:57 pm

bigmick wrote:

Apologies sincerely that the thread irked you so Bav, I was a bit p!ssed at the time and was kind of thinking out loud. The thread wasn't really about Chelsea as you so colourfully put it, it was more about how my impressions of them were being undone. And they lost although I didn't watch the second half  :laugh:

On a side note, I've noticed that your tone when referring to my posts or points of view has got appreciably more hostile than I'm accustomed to. That's OK, just as long as you know that when you change your mind about the manager again and become more friendly I won't hold a grudge :buttrock.

Apologies mate. I think I was still reeling at the time from that silly beachball goal we let in.

tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:05 pm

bavlondon wrote:Apologies mate.

Nae bother Bav, the threads a complete load of b0ll0cks  :laugh:

I was toying with the idea of trying to stay up till 3 in the morning to watch the match when I typed it, but I always scupper meself by getting p!ssed while I'm waiting. I watched the second half of Robbie Fowlers game in Oz, then the first half of the Chelsea game, typed that load of b0ll0cks then had to give in. I was a combo of p!ssed and knackered.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dawson99 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:31 pm

worst thread ever. Chelsea look awful, they have no defense, a cheating strike force and a fat midfield.

:p
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Tue Oct 20, 2009 12:42 pm

Cross post

I can only sympathise with your plight. We all post drivel you're quite riught, but it must be doubly annoying for people such as yourself that some people's drivel has a strange habit of being right in the end.

You see when I took untold nonsense off of you and similar people of your ilk with regards mass rotation for example, the jury was still out to some extent at that point in time. Week after week I had to bare the brunt of your silliness, but ultimately of course the cocktail barman proved to be on the money. You don't mention it anymore, funny that.

There are numerous other examples where those that have simply stuck to their guns and talked about football, choosing not to get involved in insults, strangeness, personall attacks and the like have been proven to be on the money in the end.

Sorry I'm not sure I understood this bit in the other thread, are you saying here that most of the time you're right?

I'm not sure that you meant that, I hope not.

This thread is a strange one. Perhaps this forum would be better if who is right wasn't that important. If you want my honest opinion about your contribution on the forum this 5 years, it's that you've talked a lot of football. About every topic that could be discussed. I'd say, without thinking much about it, that you've been right often, wrong several times aswell, but it was a good contribution. My point is, that's unimportant.

Take rotation. Pages and pages of discussion. Lots of positions, posters, and details. You want to say now that you were right about hundreds of pages summing that thread in 3 lines?, you want me to say that you were right about everything we posted there? Ok, I will: I was wrong.

Take another example. Alonso. Was I right about Alonso? sometimes yes, sometimes no, but who cares, the important thing is the discussion. Was I wrong on Torres? Yes, and we laugh about it. Was I wrong on Riera? I don't even know! WHo cares!!

But be sure about one thing: I know better than you why I post and why I don't post. So before you label me as a blanket thrower or just pretend to know why I don't discuss some topics any more, just note what's my aim when I discuss: Understand what I disagree. I didn't post there to be right, I posted there to claim my opinion AND to understand the other posters. As a result of it I did change my opinion on rotation, not completely (as you know many top clubs rotate this days) but yes partially. It was interesting.

Perhaps you'll say that wasn't aimed at me, but the fact is it was: As I did discuss a lot in the rotation thread, and I don't feel like talking about it any more. But since I read the strange views you have about the motivation of posters, I do feel the need to clarify you what's my particular view about it.

P.S. Mods, I know I've crossposted a locked thread, and that some posters might continue with the handbags, so in case that happens, I would understand you card me, to be honest, especially when I've chosen to write it publicly instead of privately.

But lots of things have been said about what is the problem of newkit, and my view on it, is that Dawson at the end was right: we should get along well all of us. But for that perhaps it's necessary we throw to the paper bin all this list about being right or wrong. If saying that I've been wrong all the time helps for that cause, here's my claim!
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:29 pm

This thread is nonsense. I posted it while I was tanked up as I said earlier, although based on what I've seen so far I do think Chelsea will win the title.

You seem to have taken my answer to Kazza in the Sunderland thread and got it into your head that I was talking about the many football discussions that we have had. Not true. From there, I'm not sure I know where you're going to be honest. You aren't and never were one of the "blanket throwers", as by definition they try and stifle debate with insults and repetition, whereas you have always been happy to discuss football.

As for all that "I know better than you why I post about football" stuff, well, yes, I know ???

What I think might have irked you is when I said to Kazza that I had to take untold nonsense and silliness off of people like him in the rotation thread? I did. Not that disagreeing with somebody is nonsense and silliness, that is what discussion forums are for. It's nonsense and silliness though when people who disagree with you imply that what you do for a living has a direct bearing on whether you are correct on the subject or not (you never did that but many did), it's nonsense when they imply that where you live does the same, and it's nonsense when they say you aren't a real fan simply because you disagree with the manager (neither of which you did). Equally, it's nonsense when they simply resort to out right abuse because they cannot support their argument (which you never did). 

As you say, it matters not who was right, who is right, who is going to be right. When though someone who rarely ventures an opinion on football accuses you of talking drivel, when they were precisely the type of person I referred to, then obviously I reserve the right to point out that on the subjects where they were o the most offensive, they were totally wrong.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sabre » Wed Oct 21, 2009 8:09 am

Well I've written drivel here, and we can count the drivel by thousands of posts. Out of this posts, you won't find anyone in which I insult you or talk in a bad way about your job.

Why I say this? because that applies not only for me but 99% of the forum. Meaning, the posters that do tell you that kind of things, can be counted with the fingers of one hand. I never liked those personal attacks to your persona, as you already know.

But the truth is that in some comments as of late, you didn't seem to be referring to those attacks but to a more broad range of posters. You didn't mention in those comments that the posters insult or attack personally, you described a kind of poster that used to discuss some topics a lot, and then stopped doing it. I certainly did that in some topics, but not for the reasons you seemed to imply.

I didn't appreciate either how you defended the come back of some mates. It's nice you appreciate some posters, it's nice you want them back, and it's nice you request so. But to do so, there's no need to say that them coming back is a major boost to the quality of discussion of this forum. It's a lack of respect to the regular members of this forum from where I sit. I didn't appreciate either that you seemed to know why a member was banned, and I couldn't undestand how knowing that you wanted them back, no matter how right they are.

I don't have problems to admit that you're one of the posters I read with more attention here, and I always had some positive bias to you as a poster, so if myself have been irked by some comments, I doubt I will be the only one because when I interpret your posts, I never tend to interpret them in a bad way.

Reading your answer you seem to confirm that my perception about this "who's right has a lot of importance" is not true. I'm happy to read that. I also accept as true that you never were commenting these things to people like me, but the problem is not me, the problem is that I think more people than me, who never treated you badly, might be offended by those comments. And at the end of the day you may find yourself discussing harshly with people you never had a problem with. Certainly I was offended. If you were talking about the people who talks about your job or insults you I wouldn't be offended. But as a regular member of this forum I was offended to read 3 or 4 members might improve the input of many, and as a regular poster in the rotation thread I linked those comments to the paragraph you wrote to Kazza.

Well these days I won't post much, not because I don't want to discuss Rafa now the things are pear shaped, but because right now I have a football depression, and plus, I don't want to wind up dissapointed fans in the following two days.

Anyway, I accept your answer as good and no problem. I just had to clarify those things. And sorry for doing so publicly, I should have done it privately.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby asd123 » Tue Feb 02, 2010 7:27 am

they may think they’re speaking very slowly and with exaggerated emphasis, but in reality they’re speaking at quite a clip and with considerably less emphasis.

queer as folk seasons 1-5
asd123

Postby Owzat » Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:17 am

So how does BM feel now? A load well spent over the blues............................?
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sun Jul 18, 2010 10:50 am

dawson99 wrote:Chelsea look awful, they have no defense, a cheating strike force and a fat midfield.

:p

And that's a description of 09/10 Premiership champions.......................... :laugh:
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sun Jul 18, 2010 11:35 am

Funnily enough I thought they made hard work of it and should have won it easier in the end. At times it looked like they were trying their best to give it to the Mancs, but a good run in won it for them readily enough. The thread was b0ll0cks, but some of the reaction you get on here sometimes is incredible really :laugh:.

I guess that's what makes the forum interesting.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion