Balotelli - Charged for stamp on parker

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby red till i die!! » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:04 pm

see that baloteli got charged for stamping on parker in yesterdays match and faces a 4 match ban.
this is despite the referee waving it away at the time as an accident and no card was issued to baloteli for the challenge.
is the fa guilty of double standards here and if i remember rightly rooneys elbow on mc carthy last year was waved away because the referee didnt deem it as a deliberate elbow rather an accidental collision and because no card was issued the fa couldnt act on video evidence?.
it was something along those lines but still rooney was never charged when it was clearly deliberate and it seems now you can be.
source
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

Postby metalhead » Mon Jan 23, 2012 9:14 pm

should have done it to evra against the Mancs
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Mon Jan 23, 2012 10:24 pm

red till i die!! wrote:see that baloteli got charged for stamping on parker in yesterdays match and faces a 4 match ban.
this is despite the referee waving it away at the time as an accident and no card was issued to baloteli for the challenge.
is the fa guilty of double standards here and if i remember rightly rooneys elbow on mc carthy last year was waved away because the referee didnt deem it as a deliberate elbow rather an accidental collision and because no card was issued the fa couldnt act on video evidence?.
it was something along those lines but still rooney was never charged when it was clearly deliberate and it seems now you can be.
source

"fa guilty of double standards"?
Take that back right now n*gro. I mean you Fu*king black c*nt. I mean... Oh forget it
:lookaround
Thommo's perm

Postby Zidane » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:03 pm

The FA just keeps on screwing up left and right while being criticized of consistency and still nothing comes of it.  Joke.
Zidane

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:13 pm

woah there....

i dont think the ref saw the balloteli stamp. FA have right to act as ref didnt see it. The rooney case was that the ref did see it and deemed it non-deiberate
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby dundreamin » Mon Jan 23, 2012 11:41 pm

F.uck Balotelli last time I looked he plays for man city, NOT LFC
dundreamin
LFC Super Member

Location: skelmersdale. Land of the roundabouts and utter boredom

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:23 am

Redman in wales wrote:woah there....

i dont think the ref saw the balloteli stamp. FA have right to act as ref didnt see it. The rooney case was that the ref did see it and deemed it non-deiberate

is the right answer...
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Jan 24, 2012 12:43 am

7_Kewell wrote:

is the right answer...

Yeah that's right. The ref deemed that Rooney had fouled him, although he didn't see the incident, so he gave Wigan a free-kick. By doing that, Rooney got away with assault and punishment for it.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:04 am

Kharhaz wrote:
7_Kewell wrote:

is the right answer...

Yeah that's right. The ref deemed that Rooney had fouled him, although he didn't see the incident, so he gave Wigan a free-kick. By doing that, Rooney got away with assault and punishment for it.

that's not the point...the point is the ref saw the Rooney incident and (rightly or wrongly) made the call.

The ref didn't see Balloteli stamp on parker, hence the charge after the match.

If a ref sees it and messes up then the FA can't do anything...if he doesn't then the video replay comes into force and action can be taken
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:07 am

The referee didn't see it. I remember clearly on MOTD they covered all the angles, but the fact the ref gave a free kick meant that he dealt with it. And thats why the FA didn't punish Rooney.
Last edited by Kharhaz on Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:12 am

Kharhaz wrote:The referee didn't see it. I remember clearly on MOTD they covered all the angles, but the fact the ref gave a free kick meant that he dealt with it. And thats why the FA didn't punish Rooney.

as i said, by the laws of the game the incident was 'delt with'...i'm not saying that's right, but it's the reason the FA didn't act.
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:13 am

Ive just seen the reason why Balotelli was banned for 4 matches and must admit, thats harsh. To me it looks like he is trying to keep on his feet, to keep his balance and pushed his right leg back to do so. But when his leg went back, it hit Parker and he went over. I really do think that was an accident.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Kharhaz » Tue Jan 24, 2012 1:13 am

7_Kewell wrote:
Kharhaz wrote:The referee didn't see it. I remember clearly on MOTD they covered all the angles, but the fact the ref gave a free kick meant that he dealt with it. And thats why the FA didn't punish Rooney.

as i said, by the laws of the game the incident was 'delt with'...i'm not saying that's right, but it's the reason the FA didn't act.

Oh yeah I agree totally.
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby andy_g » Tue Jan 24, 2012 9:22 am

Kharhaz wrote:Ive just seen the reason why Balotelli was banned for 4 matches and must admit, thats harsh. To me it looks like he is trying to keep on his feet, to keep his balance and pushed his right leg back to do so. But when his leg went back, it hit Parker and he went over. I really do think that was an accident.

thats what i thought at first, but after watching it a few times in think otherwise. balotelli pushes his leg back with way more force than you would need to just to try and catch your balance. i'm sure he wasn't aiming for parker's head but it was a dangerous and spiteful act that should be punished.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Tue Jan 24, 2012 11:02 pm

It looks bad in slow motion - in real time it looks like a man losing his balance trying to reposition himself. He is clearly not looking anywhere near Parker and therefore it was accidental. Of course since hes a "bad boy" and the media, message boards and Harry "offshore account" Redknapp have already made it clear hes guilty common sense and objectivity goes out the window. AGAIN.
burjennio

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion