Arsenal - What the hell is going on

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby yolz » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:01 pm

IMHO arsenal is a club with their sights on straight
They're perpetually on the top six, managing their finances right, and (although I hate to admit it) play good attractive attacking football
What Wenger has done since is nothing sort of a huge success since he had managed the reins
Which other top flight club can boast an undefeated season in the past 2 decades?
25 million for a player with as much charm and manners as old whiskey nose has to be one of the sales of the season
Arsenal are probably looking just for CL qualification with the bonus cup trophies if things fall their way
In the long run, clubs run as efficiently as Arsenal will be the ones to stay, not flashy clubs spending big money with no clue as to what comes tomorrow
remember Newcastle, Blackburn, Leeds?
A club is not defined by what it does at the present moment, but what it has done, what it is doing now, and what it will do
That's the main reason there's no question that Liverpool is the biggest club in England
(I just wish it was run a wee bit better!)
The only True Reds in england...........
yolz

Postby JC_81 » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:08 pm

I can't make my mind up about Arsenal this season.  They looked unplayable for the first few games and to be fair completely outplayed United and were unlucky to lose at Old Trafford.  The game against City was probably the first bad game they've played, and they won't be the last of the top sides to lose there this season imo, so it's hardly a disastrous result.

That said they've now also lost 2 games (albeit to better teams than we have) and their star man imo (Arshavin) is out injured.

I think he's the key to their season, even moreso than Fabregas.  When Arshavin plays well, Arsenal are extremely hard to handle, as we found out at Anfield last season.  Definitely my favourite non-LFC player to watch in the premiership this season.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bigmick » Sat Sep 19, 2009 8:45 pm

What's the fecking gee-oh with this centrehalf they've bought, is that four or five goals this season he's scored now ??? Who does he think he is fecking Thierry Henri or something?

Very strange, and not for the first time they've signed a bloke who I've never even heard of nor seen mentioned in dispatches anywhere else and he looks quite good. Vermillion or whatever the feck his name is, was the captain at Ajax apparently. How comes nobody else noticed the fecker ?
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 9:27 pm

bigmick wrote:What's the fecking gee-oh with this centrehalf they've bought, is that four or five goals this season he's scored now ??? Who does he think he is fecking Thierry Henri or something?

Very strange, and not for the first time they've signed a bloke who I've never even heard of nor seen mentioned in dispatches anywhere else and he looks quite good. Vermillion or whatever the feck his name is, was the captain at Ajax apparently. How comes nobody else noticed the fecker ?

I've been signing him for Liverpool on football manager for years Mick :laugh:
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Sat Sep 19, 2009 10:43 pm

bigmick wrote:What's the fecking gee-oh with this centrehalf they've bought, is that four or five goals this season he's scored now ??? Who does he think he is fecking Thierry Henri or something?

'Cos Rafa only looks to Spanish players when he's over for his duty free ciggies and Rioja !!
Maybe Mr Purslow should tell Rafa there's more to Europe than Spain and the north of England  :eyebrow
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion