Arsenal - What the hell is going on

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby bigmick » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:38 pm

redbeergoggles wrote:Just watched Arsenal v Rangers and that Wiltshere kid is outstanding ,absolutely going to be a superstar no mistake

They've known they had a special player on their hands for a while there Red. They nicked him off of Watford or Luton or someone when he was still in nappies, and he's excelled all the way through the grades.

You can never be absolutely 100% certain about anyone, but to be where he is now at 17 or 18 means that he's got to have absolutely every chance. Yet another example of the philosophy of looking in your backyard paying dividends. I think he's from Hertfordshire somewhere, and by all accounts Wenger absolutely loves the kid.

The next Steven Gerrard perhaps.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Sun Aug 02, 2009 10:54 pm

bigmick wrote:
redbeergoggles wrote:Just watched Arsenal v Rangers and that Wiltshere kid is outstanding ,absolutely going to be a superstar no mistake

They've known they had a special player on their hands for a while there Red. They nicked him off of Watford or Luton or someone when he was still in nappies, and he's excelled all the way through the grades.

You can never be absolutely 100% certain about anyone, but to be where he is now at 17 or 18 means that he's got to have absolutely every chance. Yet another example of the philosophy of looking in your backyard paying dividends. I think he's from Hertfordshire somewhere, and by all accounts Wenger absolutely loves the kid.

Saw his goals today as well.  Thought he looked special the few times I saw him last season and he looked even better today.

Clearly he won't be a regular in the side this season, but I expect him to make some sort of impression in the Premiership this season, to the point where Capello might just be tempted to gamble on him as an unknown quantity in the World Cup.  That's my crazy prediction for the season :;):
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:13 pm

bigmick wrote:

He reminded me Mick of a young Joe Cole whilst at  West Ham ,all the confidence in the world ,and no little talent to compliment it
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:27 pm

They were absolutely in raptures about Cole Red when he was a kid as you know, and you could even argue that despite playing for England many times he didn't quite fulfil his prodigious talent as a youngster. By all accounts every time Ferguson saw Harry Redknapp (West Hams manager at the time) he'd ask about him, and this was when Cole was 14-15 years old. Whoever was responsible for the West Ham youth set-up at the time must have known his onions, producing Cole, Lampard, Ferdinand and one or two others. They must have been gutted about missing Beckham from right inside their hitting zone, although I think there was loyalty to the Mancs on the part of his dad and also a first class wooing operation conducted by the whole Old Trafford machinery which ultimately did the job.

The dogs have been barking about this Wilshere kid for a while though, and along with the fullback (who's name escapes me and is less impressive anyway, Gibbs?) it's nice to see a couple of English kids finding their way through at Arsenal. Given how many players Wenger keeps flogging off though, they'll need to find a few more.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Sun Aug 02, 2009 11:59 pm

I expect Arsenal to come out of the traps flying this season Mick ,some of their football was beautiful to watch and Ramsey played like he had been part of the team for years ,without mentioning the magnificent Wiltshere ,Eduardo is really an intelligent forward ,and I rate Van Persie as one of the most clinical when he's on form ,then you add Fabregas and Rosicky into that equation not to mention Arshavin  ,I will put my cards on the table here fella ,if Wenger gets Hangerland from fulham and Chamakh from Bordeaux Arsenal will take some stopping .
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby bigmick » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:43 am

redbeergoggles wrote:I expect Arsenal to come out of the traps flying this season Mick ,some of their football was beautiful to watch and Ramsey played like he had been part of the team for years ,without mentioning the magnificent Wiltshere ,Eduardo is really an intelligent forward ,and I rate Van Persie as one of the most clinical when he's on form ,then you add Fabregas and Rosicky into that equation not to mention Arshavin  ,I will put my cards on the table here fella ,if Wenger gets Hangerland from fulham and Chamakh from Bordeaux Arsenal will take some stopping .

On a good day Red they'll beat anyone, and in all honesty they have been the "prettiest' team in the Premiership for years. I think though to have any chance of being realistic challengers, the new centre half is going to have to be top drawer (Vermellion? or something?). I must confess I've never heard of him so I don't know, but they are going to need him to click and I also think they'll need a holder. Song isn't good enough I don't think, and playing Fabregas there wastes his talents, considerable as they are.
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redbeergoggles » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:56 am

Vermillion I dont care what colour he is Mick :D  sorry fella its the brandy
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:10 am

My fav Journo done a piece in the Daily mirror on saturday regarding Arsenal. The reason i rememberd the piece was, i was nodding my head in agreement an mouthing its true you know whist reading it , to the amusement of the fella sitting next to me on the bus,

Sorry Fergie, but you are just talking out of your ARSENAL!

By Brian Reade 1/08/2009

Men who believe Sinatra's My Way is a macho tribute to their own life's journey tend to go out of their way to do the opposite of what the world expects.

Take Alex Ferguson. Whereas most of us thought he'd use this summer to spend his millions rebuilding his squad, he's decided instead to vent his spleen on other clubs' efforts to do just that.

He's mocked Real Madrid for reckless spending which has left them with no defence and dismissed "arrogant" Manchester City as "a small club with a small mentality" who are only signing men in Dick Turpin masks like Emmanuel Adebayor. He's accused Rafa Benitez of talking "b******s," (that's the same man he recently slammed as "arrogant" for calling his neighbours a smaller club than his own) and doubts Arsene Wenger's chances of staying with the big boys because "he doesn't have the money."

And his unprompted rancour is another glimpse of the hypocrisy we've come to accept.

Had less successful managers delivered such a rant it would be taken as a sign they're cracking up.

But because it comes from The Queen Mum of Football, Gawd Bless 'Im, it's taken as wisdom from on high. To be fair, some of what he says is true, but the rest is the stuff he reckons Benitez talks.

Take Adebayor. Fergie revealed he was on the phone to United hours before he signed for City urging them to hijack the deal. Which, he argues, tells you all you need to know about the man.

Well, if that's the criteria for defining someone as a waste of space, how does he feel about Michael Owen being on the phone to his Liverpool contacts in the hours before United signed him, telling them that if they wanted to hijack his deal they'd better move sharpish? Because that's what happened. Then there's his dismissal of Arsenal which is both classless and premature. Is Wenger really having that bad a summer?

He's just pocketed £25million for Adebayor, a wantaway, poison-spreading sulker. A player even Fergie argues is bad news.

He's turned in a £15m profit on Kolo Toure, a centre-half who is past his prime, replacing him with one of the best young defensive prospects in Europe, Thomas Vermaelen. Robin van Persie and Theo Walcott have signed new contracts and Cesc Fabregas quashed all fears of jumping ship by cutting short his post-Confederations Cup holiday to join up with the squad in Austria.

Next season Tomas Rosicky and Eduardo will be back from injury, outstanding prospects like Jack Wilshere will be a year older and Andrey Arshavin showed enough evidence to suggest he could emerge as a huge star in his first full season.

The ease with which United knocked Arsenal out of the Champions League semi-final (which looked a lot worse than it was due to early defensive howlers at the Emirates) has made many critics forget their excellent second half to last season. They went on a long unbeaten run overhauling Aston Villa to fourth spot in the League and reaching the FA Cup and Champions League semis.

Anyone watching could see their young squad maturing into a strong one, which only lacked experience in key areas, to realise its potential.

With a full month's transfer window left, targets in sight, and £40m from City in his pocket, Wenger has a chance to achieve some of that potential.

So if I were an Arsenal fan I wouldn't be fretting too much, just yet, about my manager going about his rebuilding work with a quiet but confident dignity.

Were I a United fan though, I'd be baffled and worried as to why my manager is going about the same job in the exact opposite manner.

Had less successful managers delivered such a rant it would be taken as a sign they are cracking up. It's a glimpse of the hypocrisy we've come to accept
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 1:28 am

It was a good article that NANNY, I read it in the paper today.

Good journalist that Brian Reade, read his book on holiday and really enjoyed it :nod
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Number 9 » Mon Aug 03, 2009 12:09 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Sorry Fergie, but you are just talking out of your ARSENAL!

By Brian Reade 1/08/2009

Men who believe Sinatra's My Way is a macho tribute to their own life's journey tend to go out of their way to do the opposite of what the world expects.

Take Alex Ferguson. Whereas most of us thought he'd use this summer to spend his millions rebuilding his squad, he's decided instead to vent his spleen on other clubs' efforts to do just that.

He's mocked Real Madrid for reckless spending which has left them with no defence and dismissed "arrogant" Manchester City as "a small club with a small mentality" who are only signing men in Dick Turpin masks like Emmanuel Adebayor. He's accused Rafa Benitez of talking "b******s," (that's the same man he recently slammed as "arrogant" for calling his neighbours a smaller club than his own) and doubts Arsene Wenger's chances of staying with the big boys because "he doesn't have the money."

And his unprompted rancour is another glimpse of the hypocrisy we've come to accept.

Had less successful managers delivered such a rant it would be taken as a sign they're cracking up.

But because it comes from The Queen Mum of Football, Gawd Bless 'Im, it's taken as wisdom from on high. To be fair, some of what he says is true, but the rest is the stuff he reckons Benitez talks.

Take Adebayor. Fergie revealed he was on the phone to United hours before he signed for City urging them to hijack the deal. Which, he argues, tells you all you need to know about the man.

Well, if that's the criteria for defining someone as a waste of space, how does he feel about Michael Owen being on the phone to his Liverpool contacts in the hours before United signed him, telling them that if they wanted to hijack his deal they'd better move sharpish? Because that's what happened. Then there's his dismissal of Arsenal which is both classless and premature. Is Wenger really having that bad a summer?

He's just pocketed £25million for Adebayor, a wantaway, poison-spreading sulker. A player even Fergie argues is bad news.

Thats the best piece I've read about that kunt Fergie in ages!
Bang on...no one can argue with any of that cause its all fact! :buttrock
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Mon Aug 03, 2009 2:46 pm

I also watched the Arsenal Rangers match yesterday and thought Wilshere was fantastic. So tricky in the final third and can beat his man going either way.
Took his goals well.
What i loved as well is his confidence, there was a piece of skill in the second half where he lifted the ball over one players head, then did it to another and then tried a little chip that the keeper tipped over -class it was.

I still think Arsenal will fall short depending on who they sign this next few weeks. They should have signed a top keeper years ago. They still dont look great at centre half...i have no idea what the new lad they have signed is like.
And in central midfield they have still not replaced Flamini with a player that breaks things up.
Song and Denilson dont do enough and imo are not good enough.
If i was wenger i would have signed Given ages ago, i would get in maybe that hangeland and then try and get someone like Gattuso.
Those players with the attacking talent they already have would make them alot more of a threat.
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Postby tubby » Mon Aug 03, 2009 5:26 pm

They usually start of strong before fizzling out before the new year. Last year they didn't even get that far but it should be an interesting year.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:01 am

EDIT
Last edited by Dundalk on Tue Aug 04, 2009 1:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby hijjawi » Sat Aug 15, 2009 8:06 pm

Everton vs  Arsenal

Saturday August 15, 2009 16:30 GMT,  Day 1
Goodison Park

Arabic Comm.-- JSC-- FLV-1150Kbps--320*240

Pre Match Video

Goals of the Match between Arsenal 3-1 Everton in the Round 8 of last Season

0-1 Osman '9 , 1-1 Nasri '48 , 2-1 van Persie '69, 3-1 Walcott '90

Goals

First Goal for Arsenal by Denilson 27