Appalling referring standard - Video technology needed now...

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Santa » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:03 pm

If ever there is a growing call for instant video replay to aid referees to review a decision, this must be it. Spurs just had a shot flew at least half a body length inside ManU's goal and the referee wave...play on. It seems blatant mistakes has been made by sub-standard referees week-in, week-out and yet there are those who object to tecnology being introduced. The standard of play has gone up, players fitness much much higher than it was 15 years back, big money being pump into the gamecomputer designed ball and boots, yet games are decided by b1oody referees who's standard have lag behind. FWIW, the FA must now give video technology a try before the game is being brought into disrepute.
Never try to teach a pig to sing...

...it only waste your time, and annoys the pig
Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:07 pm

Not sure about video technology, because i do feel it will ruin the football game.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:08 pm

The game is already getting ruined by mistakes like these.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby 7_Kewell » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:10 pm

it's the Ref's not the rules that are doing this...the FA need to have refs who make mistakes relegated to the league.  Something needs to be done!
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:10 pm

I know what you mean, AB.

It is same as Rugby League, when the player scored the try, right, the referee wasn't sure about it, so they will look at the board to see if it is try or not.

It is same as Cricket, like out or not out!!
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:11 pm

Like I say, do watch the highlight of the ManU v Spurs game then decide yourself. Lesser teams will now have to try twice as hard to win a game because referees are tilting the decisions in favour of the bigger teams. Call it mistakes, wrong decision, Injustice etc. How can this beautiful game is to be respected if teams don't go in and compete on equal footing (you know what I mean...one standard for the big team, another for the paupers).

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:15 pm

I will watch it on highlight later but why the earth can't linesmen to help with referee, it is their job to be done to help the referee. They do get well paid for it, if they don't do their jobs properly, then they should be sacked!!!
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:15 pm

Some of these teams will give up, whats the point of trying to score or make something happen when you know that the ref is going to screw you over.
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Stan Laurel » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:21 pm

Feck!!! It was fecking goal!!!

Last edited by Stan Laurel on Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:23 pm

Stan Laurel wrote:I will watch it on highlight later but why the earth can't linesmen to help with referee, it is their job to be done to help the referee. They do get well paid for it, if they don't do their jobs properly, then they should be sacked!!!

Stan...you'll be amazed at why the goal was not given. Even on TV it is clear enough to see Carroll scoop the ball out from  5 feet inside the line yet the referee and linesman decided it was a save by the GK. I will like to hear your thoughts after you watch it...

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Stan Laurel » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:26 pm

I just saw it from the Sky Sports, yes, you are right that I am bloody amazed that it was bloody goal!! It is shocking me that Referee turned it down!!

Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Santa » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:30 pm

Great shot, someone should call the local police...the entire Spurs team has been mugged!

Santa
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby BOODIDDY » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:31 pm

disgrace we need technology now it will only add to the excitement at the game and also decrease violence outside due to be wrongly done. If they use it to ban someone for elbowing then they can use it for goals over the line etc.

What if scum finish a point ahead of us and get cl footie next year? That's four points that they have cheated for this season. ITS A FECKING DISGRACE
BOODIDDY
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby A.B. » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:32 pm

Ok so the ref didn't see it but where the ****** was the bloody linesman? FA is a disgrace
YNWA - DrummerPhil
Gone but not forgotten
R.I.P.
A.B.
LFC Elite Member

Postby Stan Laurel » Tue Jan 04, 2005 11:32 pm

Santa wrote:Great shot, someone should call the local police...the entire Spurs team has been mugged!

:D  :D  :D
Stan Laurel
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Premiership - General Discussion