Andy Carroll signs for West Ham

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby friendlyguy33 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:14 pm

Carroll had a good game and could have scored. I don't think he will be dropped for the next game as he came in against Brighton and did well that day. He needs a run of games though to the end of the season but whether he gets it regardless of what happens on sunday is another matter.
friendlyguy33

Postby spiceboys2014 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:33 pm

Yes, carroll did well, but I was not blown over. I hope he can prove me wrong as I have a feeling he will be a lot better next season.

Stop critisising will some of you!

The thing with critisism is that it never improves a player, it is evil and only comes from angry people who are full of poison!

Its like Torres at chelsea, people are on his back, and look how he performs!!!

Ctitisism not only does not improve a player, it is uncalled for,.

Get behind the lad, make him feel loved and he will flourish! People perform better under a spirit of appreciation than they do under critisism. Sing  his name in the kop and watch the results.
If I am wrong....shoot me
spiceboys2014
LFC Basic Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:52 pm

spiceboys2014 wrote:Yes, carroll did well, but I was not blown over. I hope he can prove me wrong as I have a feeling he will be a lot better next season.

The thing with critisism is that it never improves a player, it is evil and only comes from angry people who are full of poison!

Get behind the lad, make him feel loved and he will flourish! People perform better under a spirit of appreciation than they do under critisism. Sing  his name in the kop and watch the results.

:love:
Thommo's perm

Postby spiceboys2014 » Wed Mar 14, 2012 11:57 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:
spiceboys2014 wrote:Yes, carroll did well, but I was not blown over. I hope he can prove me wrong as I have a feeling he will be a lot better next season.

Lol ...strawberry fields forever
spiceboys2014
LFC Basic Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:00 am

spiceboys2014 wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:

Lol ...strawberry fields forever

Love me do
Thommo's perm

Postby ethanr » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:32 am

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:i`ve said it a few times, over the last 6-7 weeks apart from martin skrtel andy carroll has been our best player.
he was excellent tonight, and not only in attack, at one point he won two vital back to back headers in our box from felliani and he really threw his head at the second one, no one was beating him to that header.
his hold up play was great as well, and he even started putting suarez in with clever little through balls and spraying 40 yard passes out to the flanks.
that really was a good performance, he`s only just turned 23, he is going to be some player when he is 27.
people dont realise how far ahead of the curve he is for that type of centre forward, at carroll`s age sheringham was on loan from millwall at aldershot, crouch was at QPR and drogba was at guingamp, drogba didnt go to marseilles till he was 25/26 never mind chelsea.
well played andy

I'm glad somebody else sees this as well.  Andy's been great for us lately, and had what I've considered a really decent game every game lately except maybe against Cardiff.  The strikers who play this position don't usually play for a big club until they're at least 25 or 26 years old.  It's a position you need a lot of experience to do well in, so the fact he's doing this well now, I fully believe that within the next year or two if he can get some consistent games in, he could start doing really well for us.  He was one of our best players against Everton, one of our best games this season.  He's very well capable of being a good player for us.

Players like Andy Carroll most often peak at 27-30 years old.  Still a lot more to come from the big man, and personally I'm excited as hell.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby ethanr » Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:34 am

stmichael wrote:no doubt going by our bizarre selection logic this season he'll now be inexplicably be dropped for the stoke game

I worry that you're right.
ethanr

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:13 am

ethanr wrote:
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:i`ve said it a few times, over the last 6-7 weeks apart from martin skrtel andy carroll has been our best player.
he was excellent tonight, and not only in attack, at one point he won two vital back to back headers in our box from felliani and he really threw his head at the second one, no one was beating him to that header.
his hold up play was great as well, and he even started putting suarez in with clever little through balls and spraying 40 yard passes out to the flanks.
that really was a good performance, he`s only just turned 23, he is going to be some player when he is 27.
people dont realise how far ahead of the curve he is for that type of centre forward, at carroll`s age sheringham was on loan from millwall at aldershot, crouch was at QPR and drogba was at guingamp, drogba didnt go to marseilles till he was 25/26 never mind chelsea.
well played andy

I'm glad somebody else sees this as well.  Andy's been great for us lately, and had what I've considered a really decent game every game lately except maybe against Cardiff.  The strikers who play this position don't usually play for a big club until they're at least 25 or 26 years old.  It's a position you need a lot of experience to do well in, so the fact he's doing this well now, I fully believe that within the next year or two if he can get some consistent games in, he could start doing really well for us.  He was one of our best players against Everton, one of our best games this season.  He's very well capable of being a good player for us.

Players like Andy Carroll most often peak at 27-30 years old.  Still a lot more to come from the big man, and personally I'm excited as hell.

you know what mate i`m sure we have got fans that actually hope that he doesnt play well, they are more interested in justifying their own opinions than the team winning, when we win and carroll plays well the first thing they do is post a load of negative ***** about what he didnt do, they have nailed their colours to the mast over him and they are more concerned about looking stupid than how the team does.
not just carroll either you can add henderson, downing and adam to that list, i sense they want them to play poorly so they can have a go at kenny over it.
they are the internet`s version of alehouse bores, they just love moaning and the sound of their own voice.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby heimdall » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:18 am

I wish I could get enthusiastic about Carroll but I can't, I genuinly think he is a terrible striker and it pains me to say that. There are just to many flaws in his game, and even if he improved 100% formhis current level he would still only be average. His main problem is that he doesn't have a natural footballing brain, in other words he is constantly in the wrong position or not making runs at the right time and I'm not sure that you can learn this, it's more instinct.
I would like nothing more than to be proven wrong on this as I was with Lucas.
heimdall

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:22 am

heimdall wrote:I wish I could get enthusiastic about Carroll but I can't, I genuinly think he is a terrible striker and it pains me to say that. There are just to many flaws in his game, and even if he improved 100% formhis current level he would still only be average. His main problem is that he doesn't have a natural footballing brain, in other words he is constantly in the wrong position or not making runs at the right time and I'm not sure that you can learn this, it's more instinct.

dont worry about it mate, you will be proved wrong.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby fivecups » Thu Mar 15, 2012 3:02 am

heimdall wrote:I wish I could get enthusiastic about Carroll but I can't, I genuinly think he is a terrible striker and it pains me to say that. There are just to many flaws in his game, and even if he improved 100% formhis current level he would still only be average. His main problem is that he doesn't have a natural footballing brain, in other words he is constantly in the wrong position or not making runs at the right time and I'm not sure that you can learn this, it's more instinct.

Bloody hell, haven't seen you post in a while! Nice to see you back with your usual positive attitude!!  :D
fivecups
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ethanr » Thu Mar 15, 2012 6:28 am

YCSAT I totally agree. I was harsh on Lucas, but I never wanted him to fail.  I thought Adam and Downing started pretty well, and I've always supported them, but lately I feel they've been bad. I'm not afraid to say they've been bad, but when they play well I've got no problem saying so either (Downing has picked it up recently).  Hendo has been really inconsistent, and I've been really harsh on him because I don't see why he's continued to start for us with his current performances, but I never wish he does bad, and when he does do well I'm not afraid to say so, and I'm sure he'll be a huge player for us in the future.

Andy's got the worse critics, and you don't see them posting on here much while he's doing well, but that's just the way it is.  Certain "fans" seem to want him to fail so they can be right... Too stubborn to admit they were wrong.
ethanr

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:35 am

ethanr wrote:YCSAT I totally agree. I was harsh on Lucas, but I never wanted him to fail.  I thought Adam and Downing started pretty well, and I've always supported them, but lately I feel they've been bad. I'm not afraid to say they've been bad, but when they play well I've got no problem saying so either (Downing has picked it up recently).  Hendo has been really inconsistent, and I've been really harsh on him because I don't see why he's continued to start for us with his current performances, but I never wish he does bad, and when he does do well I'm not afraid to say so, and I'm sure he'll be a huge player for us in the future.

Andy's got the worse critics, and you don't see them posting on here much while he's doing well, but that's just the way it is.  Certain "fans" seem to want him to fail so they can be right... Too stubborn to admit they were wrong.

I have been proved wrong (yes, really!) and had to eat humble pie with regards to Lucas. But I welcome my portion if it makes the team better. Some on (and off) here dont seem to be able to grasp the concept.
ITS NOT THE END OF THE WORLD IF YOURE WRONG. ADMIT IT AND MOVE ON. YOU'LL FEEL BETTER.
Its not nice to see grown men (and women) making cu'nts of themselves by stubbornly continuing to say black is white (racist?)
If youre a supporter of LFC you accept the good with the bad and you admit when you havent got it right.
YNWA
Thommo's perm

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:56 pm

ethanr wrote:YCSAT I totally agree. I was harsh on Lucas, but I never wanted him to fail.  I thought Adam and Downing started pretty well, and I've always supported them, but lately I feel they've been bad. I'm not afraid to say they've been bad, but when they play well I've got no problem saying so either (Downing has picked it up recently).  Hendo has been really inconsistent, and I've been really harsh on him because I don't see why he's continued to start for us with his current performances, but I never wish he does bad, and when he does do well I'm not afraid to say so, and I'm sure he'll be a huge player for us in the future.

to be fair when lucas first arrived in this country he was nowhere near the player he is now, back then he was seen as an attacking midfielder now he`s a defensive midfielder, back then he was a lightweight where as now he`s a lot bulkier than he was, back then he used to avoid or at least slow down or hesitate when faced with a 50/50 challenge where as now he really flys into them and looks like he enjoys that side of the game, back then he used to stroll around the pitch and look a bit lost where as these days he really covers the ground and has a real purpose about him when he runs, he looks like a man on a mission who knows exactly what he has to do to stop or slow down the opposition attack.
but that is what young players do, they learn and become better players but it doesnt happen overnight just like it didnt happen overnight for lucas.
the art of management is giving the young players enough gametime so they develop as players without affecting the overall performance of the team.
as a club we probably havent got that balance right in recent years but that doesnt mean that the likes of carroll and henderson are bad buys, quite the opposite in fact. but it`s important that fans realise that these players are still learning their trade, they arent the finished article and wont be for 3 or 4 years, probably 6 years in hendersons case.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Thu Mar 15, 2012 2:29 pm

ycsatbjywtbiastkamb wrote:

to be fair when lucas first arrived in this country he was nowhere near the player he is now, back then he was seen as an attacking midfielder now he`s a defensive midfielder, back then he was a lightweight where as now he`s a lot bulkier than he was, back then he used to avoid or at least slow down or hesitate when faced with a 50/50 challenge where as now he really flys into them and looks like he enjoys that side of the game, back then he used to stroll around the pitch and look a bit lost where as these days he really covers the ground and has a real purpose about him when he runs, he looks like a man on a mission who knows exactly what he has to do to stop or slow down the opposition attack.
but that is what young players do, they learn and become better players but it doesnt happen overnight just like it didnt happen overnight for lucas.
the art of management is giving the young players enough gametime so they develop as players without affecting the overall performance of the team.
as a club we probably havent got that balance right in recent years but that doesnt mean that the likes of carroll and henderson are bad buys, quite the opposite in fact. but it`s important that fans realise that these players are still learning their trade, they arent the finished article and wont be for 3 or 4 years, probably 6 years in hendersons case.

Carrolls pricetag has been an absolute burden to him without a doubt.
Hopefully he wll be getting over it and we will see his development
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion