Andy Carroll signs for West Ham

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby ethanr » Fri Mar 02, 2012 4:00 am

He's no doubt been steadily improving.  He's been key for us in the last few games, especially in a few of the cup games.  He wasn't as good as he's been in the final, but I thought he still played pretty well and was probably one of our better players.  I felt he contributed as much as Suarez did for sure.

Defenders are still scared of him.  WHen we lost to city earlier in the season Kompany was awarded motm, basically for the way he defended Carroll.  He said after the match that Carroll was one of the toughest players he had to defend all season, and he felt he played really well against him that day.

I still believe Carroll can be a very good player for us.  I could see him scoring a decent amount of goals next season, and being a consistent player in our starting 11.

And Carroll's still one of the most fouled player in the league, and he gets no calls.  Ever.
DESPITE THE FACT I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA...
ethanr

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:23 pm

ethanr wrote:He's no doubt been steadily improving.  He's been key for us in the last few games, especially in a few of the cup games.  He wasn't as good as he's been in the final, but I thought he still played pretty well and was probably one of our better players.  I felt he contributed as much as Suarez did for sure.

Defenders are still scared of him.  WHen we lost to city earlier in the season Kompany was awarded motm, basically for the way he defended Carroll.  He said after the match that Carroll was one of the toughest players he had to defend all season, and he felt he played really well against him that day.

I still believe Carroll can be a very good player for us.  I could see him scoring a decent amount of goals next season, and being a consistent player in our starting 11.

And Carroll's still one of the most fouled player in the league, and he gets no calls.  Ever.

yeah, well said mate
carroll is a player who is obviously working his @rse off trying to improve his game, he looks fitter now than he did a few months ago and he has shown a lot of character and mental strength to ignore the critics in the same way lucas did and lets face it lucas didnt have a £35m millstone around his neck either.
the problem is that improvement isnt a continuous upward curve and as soon as carroll has an alright game, not even a bad game, there are fans who cant wait to put the boot into him.
those fans who blame carroll for our playing style need to stop watching sky and playing fifa or whatever that game is called and start watching some old games from the late 70`s and 80`s. maybe they will learn something about the club.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Kukilon » Fri Mar 02, 2012 10:48 pm

To me Andy has bought himself until the end of the season. I have seen improvements.
Kukilon
LFC Super Member

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Mar 03, 2012 1:34 am

Kukilon wrote:To me Andy has bought himself until the end of the season. I have seen improvements.

He will be here next season no matter what
Thommo's perm

Postby Kerry07 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:32 pm

Although i said i wouldnt comment on him in here until the end of the season.. we were excellent today (finishing aside).. and are a much better team when he doesn't play.

The movement of the forward line was superb. That goes out the window when the big chump plays.
"Its not just any other club" C.Tyldsley
"Liverpool are a special institution" X.Alonso
"Anfield es un templo de fútbol" AS
"The English club prove miracles do exist" D.Maradona
"Theres not one club in the world so united with its fans. Liverpool fans sent shivers down my spine" J.Cruyff
Kerry07

Postby KennyisGod....still » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:36 pm

Kerry07 wrote:Although i said i wouldnt comment on him in here until the end of the season.. we were excellent today (finishing aside).. and are a much better team when he doesn't play.

The movement of the forward line was superb. That goes out the window when the big chump plays.

you know if you happened to be a dj somewhere a nightclub'd kick you out that fast your feet wouldnt touch - ffs change the fkn record you moanin tw@t
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Mar 03, 2012 5:38 pm

Kerry07 wrote:Although i said i wouldnt comment on him in here until the end of the season.. we were excellent today (finishing aside).. and are a much better team when he doesn't play.

How about you stick to your comments and shut up until the end of the season.

fucking mug
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby friendlyguy33 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:00 pm

So now the team was excellent today but on the other thread you were criticising how defensive the team was? Which is it?
friendlyguy33

Postby Kerry07 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:03 pm

friendlyguy33 wrote:

So now the team was excellent today but on the other thread you were criticising how defensive the team was? Which is it?

Bellamy... 88th minute. Enough said.

Read the match thread.
"Its not just any other club" C.Tyldsley
"Liverpool are a special institution" X.Alonso
"Anfield es un templo de fútbol" AS
"The English club prove miracles do exist" D.Maradona
"Theres not one club in the world so united with its fans. Liverpool fans sent shivers down my spine" J.Cruyff
Kerry07

Postby friendlyguy33 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:14 pm

Kerry07 wrote:
friendlyguy33 wrote:

Bellamy... 88th minute. Enough said.

Read the match thread.

Where would Bellamy have played? Downing was good today Henderson did his bit Kuyt and Suarez linked well. Bellamy isn't superman and it's been documented on here before that his impact as a sub this season has been limited.

The problem today was a lack of ruthless finishing in the first half as it's always harder to play that well in both halves particularly against a top side. Whoever the manager is right now will have the same problem.
friendlyguy33

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:27 pm

Lads
Kerry is a wind up, lying, phoney scheming cu'nt whos mission is to set red against red.
Dont allow the pr'ick to do it.
Thommo's perm

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:38 pm

Thommo's perm wrote:Lads
Kerry is a wind up, lying, phoney scheming cu'nt whos mission is to set red against red.

Dealing with this pathetic individual may be a thing of the past. I think the new forum software we will be seeing in the next fee days will have a 'block user' feature.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:45 pm

People are slating Andy Carroll today... he didn't even play against Arsenal FFS! :D
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:55 pm

Sounds like someone bought Kerry an Andy Carroll shirt for Christmas :D
LFC2007

Postby Thommo's perm » Sat Mar 03, 2012 6:58 pm

SouthCoastShankly wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:Lads

Dealing with this pathetic individual may be a thing of the past. I think the new forum software we will be seeing in the next fee days will have a 'block user' feature.

:oops:
Thommo's perm

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion