Andy Carroll signs for West Ham

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby RED BEERGOGGLES » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:09 am

Thommo's perm wrote:KK has taken a considerable risk by playing then not playing him, starting then benching him. We can only assume it is because he and his coaching staff have come to some decision about how to get the best out of Carroll. They will have reached this conclusion based on his performances on the pitch, in training and general behaviour about Melwood, Anfield and the city in general.
I would suggest there is no way they havent known what he is up to 24/7. So we must accept that even though some of us may have wanted him to play every game in order that he develops and progresses, KK and the coaches have chosen exactly when he plays and when he doesnt. And dont forget he hasnt had an injury since hes been here, so that hasnt been a factor.
Hopefully this plan works and he is right physically and mentally to help us recapture the glory days.

If it pays off we will know in the short term in the next 10 premiership games ,however if its the long term they had in mind then possibly
we wont see the best of the lad till next season . Anyway I'm trusting Kenny and Clarke to have handled things with the best interests
of the player and the club in mind .
RED BEERGOGGLES
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Fri Mar 16, 2012 1:30 am

RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:
Thommo's perm wrote:KK has taken a considerable risk by playing then not playing him, starting then benching him. We can only assume it is because he and his coaching staff have come to some decision about how to get the best out of Carroll. They will have reached this conclusion based on his performances on the pitch, in training and general behaviour about Melwood, Anfield and the city in general.
I would suggest there is no way they havent known what he is up to 24/7. So we must accept that even though some of us may have wanted him to play every game in order that he develops and progresses, KK and the coaches have chosen exactly when he plays and when he doesnt. And dont forget he hasnt had an injury since hes been here, so that hasnt been a factor.
Hopefully this plan works and he is right physically and mentally to help us recapture the glory days.

If it pays off we will know in the short term in the next 10 premiership games ,however if its the long term they had in mind then possibly
we wont see the best of the lad till next season . Anyway I'm trusting Kenny and Clarke to have handled things with the best interests

Got to say I've never known a player to have such a strange start to his career with us, in the past all players have either been good enough or not. Can't think of another club who have treated a player in such a cotton wool way - apart from Chelsea with Torres!
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Thommo's perm » Fri Mar 16, 2012 9:39 am

Reg wrote:
RED BEERGOGGLES wrote:

Got to say I've never known a player to have such a strange start to his career with us, in the past all players have either been good enough or not. Can't think of another club who have treated a player in such a cotton wool way - apart from Chelsea with Torres!

Were in a different age Reginald, you should know that being a relic.
:D
Thommo's perm

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:04 pm

Hopefully Carroll can do a Torres and get on the scoresheet today.

I'd love it if Carroll got a hattrick today, would love it so much.  :grinning:
Boxscarf

Postby D___C » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:31 pm

hopefully.. hopefully... reality.

Peter Crouch is a better player than Andy Carroll, and we offloaded him.

He doesnt score goals
He doesnt create goals
He doesnt link up play with the midfield nor other attackers
He is a passer less in the team, lowering the teams possession
He takes up space and prohibits the free movement of the other forwards
He is slow, painfully slow, meaning he gets left behind in attacks
He cant trap the ball, his touch is dreadful

We won today and he contributed jack, bar losing Peter Crouch for their equaliser.
D___C

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:35 pm

We have just won in the quarter final of the FA Cup and your first reaction is to come onto the forum and write a post slating Carroll.

Great work Kerry.
Benny The Noon

Postby tubby » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:36 pm

Who cares, we won today and that's all that anyone should be talking about. In the summer we can see what we need to do with Carrol. But I think given the amount we spent on him we need to give him at least another year, BUT get in some quality AND I DO MEAN QUALITY players, more wingers ect... No way we will get even half what we paid for him if we sell now. May as well get in another striker as we need 1 anyway and let Andy settle in over time.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Boxscarf » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:44 pm

We definitely need another striker, there's no doubt about it, but the questions are who and for how much.
Boxscarf

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:46 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:We have just won in the quarter final of the FA Cup and your first reaction is to come onto the forum and write a post slating Carroll.

Great work Kerry.

i wouldnt be too harsh, he has had to wait a few weeks for carroll to have an average game so he can put the boot into him, it must have seemed like an eternity.
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Mar 18, 2012 7:57 pm

I think it's now the last 8 games Carroll has started we have won 7 and drawn 1 ? Or is it 9 games ?
Benny The Noon

Postby D___C » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:30 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:We have just won in the quarter final of the FA Cup and your first reaction is to come onto the forum and write a post slating Carroll.

Great work Kerry.

Not at all.. i praised the excellent goal of Suarez and his great link up with Maxi, just as i did on Monday when Luis and Gerrard linked up with the three goals against the bitters.

Winning a game when someone contributes nothing (infact his contribution was minus as he was at fault for the Crouch goal), that cannot be overlooked. No side that aspires to become good again overlooks weaknesses in the team, especially not its biggest.

Peter Crouch is a better player than Andy Carroll and we sold him.
D___C

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:36 pm

D___C wrote:

Great work Kerry.

Not at all.. i praised the excellent goal of Suarez and his great link up with Maxi, just as i did on Monday when Luis and Gerrard linked up with the three goals against the bitters.

Winning a game when someone contributes nothing (infact his contribution was minus as he was at fault for the Crouch goal), that cannot be overlooked. No side that aspires to become good again overlooks weaknesses in the team, especially not its biggest.

Peter Crouch is a better player than Andy Carroll and we sold him.

The last 8 games we have played with Carroll starting we are unbeaten.

He got f*ck all service today of any use to attack, he had to constantly deal with long balls and he won countless headers, he was consistently fouled any time he got near the ball and he made a great clearing header towards the end of the game which could of saved the game for us.

You once said you wouldn't mention Carroll until the summer, stick to that because your view of Carroll is becoming a witch hunt.
Benny The Noon

Postby D___C » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:50 pm

wheeling out some stat when a players contribution is minus is rather futile. Forget the rest of the teams contributions to the result, what are his? He contributed nothing but the Stoke equaliser. Our best display in the last month was against Arsenal, a game we lost, and the geordie didnt play. Makes a mockery of such futile claims.

What are his goal stats? Dreadful
What are his creation stats? Dreadful
What are our possession stats when he plays? Lower

He was garbage at Wembley and was taken off, the attack started functioning when Kuyt came on, and he contributed more in 15 minutes than the geordie did in 100.

Peter Crouch is a better player than Andy Carroll.
D___C

Postby Benny The Noon » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:54 pm

D___C wrote:wheeling out some stat when a players contribution is minus is rather futile. He contributed nothing but the Stoke equaliser. Our best display in the last month was against Arsenal, a game we lost, and the geordie didnt play. Makes a mockery of such futile claims.

He was garbage at Wembley and was taken off, the attack started functioning when Kuyt came on, and he contributed more in 15 minutes than the geordie did in 100.

Peter Crouch is a better player than Andy Carroll.

Yes we played lovely football against Arsenal but we lost you clown so it was meaningless - the only stat that matters is the one that says how many games we won. It's a team game and Carroll contributes to the wins.

The last 8 games we have started we Carroll we have won 7 of them and drawn one plus we have won a trophy and into the semi final of another . Shove those stats down your throat and hope you don't choke.
Benny The Noon

Postby D___C » Sun Mar 18, 2012 9:04 pm

Err way to miss the point... to attach a result to one player is the comment from a simpleton.

You look at the entire teams contribution, if one player is minus (that means he contributes more to the opponent than the team he plays for) then you remove him. Andy Carroll contributed more for Stoke today than he did for Liverpool.

We won today because of contributions from other players (obviously).. if a player is minus that cannot be overlooked.

Again..

Peter Crouch... is a .. better player.. than Andy Carroll.
D___C

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion