Andy Carroll signs for West Ham

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:00 pm

Kerry07 wrote:Although i said i wouldnt comment on him in here until the end of the season.. we were excellent today (finishing aside).. and are a much better team when he doesn't play.

The movement of the forward line was superb. That goes out the window when the big chump plays.

We lost you :censored: clown.
Benny The Noon

Postby Kerry07 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:13 pm

Benny The Noon wrote:
Kerry07 wrote:Although i said i wouldnt comment on him in here until the end of the season.. we were excellent today (finishing aside).. and are a much better team when he doesn't play.

The movement of the forward line was superb. That goes out the window when the big chump plays.

did we not play well?

Ive just watched Kennys post match comments, and he stated we were excellent, "by far the better team".

Suarez looks a different player when Carroll is not up alongside him. The freedom to move and link up with technical players was evident today. Suarez best games were against Man U, Fulham, and today.
"Its not just any other club" C.Tyldsley
"Liverpool are a special institution" X.Alonso
"Anfield es un templo de fútbol" AS
"The English club prove miracles do exist" D.Maradona
"Theres not one club in the world so united with its fans. Liverpool fans sent shivers down my spine" J.Cruyff
Kerry07

Postby friendlyguy33 » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:29 pm

Kerry07 wrote:
friendlyguy33 wrote:

So now the team was excellent today but on the other thread you were criticising how defensive the team was? Which is it?

Bellamy... 88th minute. Enough said.

Read the match thread.

I'm still confused as to why you think Bellamy needed to come on much earlier if you thought the team's forward movement was superb?
friendlyguy33

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sat Mar 03, 2012 7:36 pm

Kerry07 wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:

did we not play well?

Ive just watched Kennys post match comments, and he stated we were excellent, "by far the better team".

Suarez looks a different player when Carroll is not up alongside him. The freedom to move and link up with technical players was evident today. Suarez best games were against Man U, Fulham, and today.

one player does not stop the rest of the team passing the ball and linking up well, if anything we missed carroll today, we had loads of crosses and corners but no one got on the end of them.
if carroll had played today you would be in this thread saying 15 corners and countless crosses and he didnt get on the end of them - not good enough.
imagine carroll would have missed a pen like kuyt did and made a right f##king meal out of the rebound as well, you`d be slating him.
no doubt you`d be making a comment about how our goal was an own goal as well, all that possession and all those chances and they couldnt put one away?
easy being a critic

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Benny The Noon » Sat Mar 03, 2012 9:34 pm

Kerry07 wrote:
Benny The Noon wrote:

did we not play well?

We lost you plank - playing well is moot when we got :censored: all points.
Benny The Noon

Postby The Good Yank » Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:04 am

Kerry07 wrote:The movement of the forward line was superb.

Do you mean the forward line that was flagged for offside continuously in the second half?
s@int - 13 December 2009

I won't celebrate Rafa going........ but I will be over the moon if Dalglish comes in. League within 2 years if he gets the job, AND YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT.
The Good Yank
LFC Super Member

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Sun Mar 04, 2012 5:37 am

The Good Yank wrote:

Do you mean the forward line that was flagged for offside continuously in the second half?

Yes, there were many offside calls against us but do you not disagree that last night saw us play perhaps the best football in this season? The link up play, the passes, the chemistry between the players, the attacking intent, etc were very good!

I won't deny that Charlie Adam fked up most of the time and Stewart Downing should have been more selfish and tried to shoot BUT I feel that some posters are overreacting to the result because if anything, i'm actually very optimistic if we can continue that kind of football. It's a game we should have won, but we didn't because we don't have a poacher.

We had 12 corners, compared to them, who had ZERO. If Agger and Johnson were around, I doubt we would have lost the game. Martin Kelly was caught off guard a couple of times while Carragher should stop playing. Instead, if one of our defenders are injured again, the slot should be given to Coates, who has a bigger cause for first team football.

Now here's the big question though, do you think Carroll would fit into that system? The relationship and understanding Suarez and Kuyt are having shouldn't be tampered with just to justify an expensive potential flop, or to give his games to increase his confidence. If that's justifiable, then I rather see the spot go to someone like Morgan or Suso, who can't be any worse? Furthermore, we have Bellamy who has proven time and time again, that he's got the most lethal finishing in the squad, and also a surprisingly brilliant delivery at corners.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby yckatbjywtbiastkamb » Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:50 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
The Good Yank wrote:

Yes, there were many offside calls against us but do you not disagree that last night saw us play perhaps the best football in this season? The link up play, the passes, the chemistry between the players, the attacking intent, etc were very good!

I won't deny that Charlie Adam fked up most of the time and Stewart Downing should have been more selfish and tried to shoot BUT I feel that some posters are overreacting to the result because if anything, i'm actually very optimistic if we can continue that kind of football. It's a game we should have won, but we didn't because we don't have a poacher.

We had 12 corners, compared to them, who had ZERO. If Agger and Johnson were around, I doubt we would have lost the game. Martin Kelly was caught off guard a couple of times while Carragher should stop playing. Instead, if one of our defenders are injured again, the slot should be given to Coates, who has a bigger cause for first team football.

Now here's the big question though, do you think Carroll would fit into that system? The relationship and understanding Suarez and Kuyt are having shouldn't be tampered with just to justify an expensive potential flop, or to give his games to increase his confidence. If that's justifiable, then I rather see the spot go to someone like Morgan or Suso, who can't be any worse? Furthermore, we have Bellamy who has proven time and time again, that he's got the most lethal finishing in the squad, and also a surprisingly brilliant delivery at corners.

morgan has just gone on a 20 odd game streak of not scoring a goal, and thats against reserve team defences and youth team defences, you are living in a dream world if you think he is the answer, he may be in about 5 years time but even then at 22 he`d be doing well to score regularly at prem level.
explain to me how john aldridge (who was worse on the ball than carroll) and david johnston (who admittedly was better on the ball than carroll but still a target man who was good in the air) can play in probably the two best sides in our history then if having a target man up front is such a hinderance to a team passing the ball.
the late 80`s team was one of the most inventive, creative passing sides ever to grace english footy and we had aldo up front who looked like a fish out of water outside the area, he couldnt trap a bag of cement.

You Can Shoot All The Blue Jays You Want To But Its A Sin To Kill A Mocking Bird
yckatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Super Member

Postby Kerry07 » Sun Mar 04, 2012 8:18 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:
The Good Yank wrote:

Without question.

The movement was as good as the tail end of last season.. the Fulham game especially. We tore Arsenal to pieces for most of the game, turned them inside out.. the one thing we lacked was a #9 to finish off the excellent play. Kuyt has the technical ability to link up with Suarez, as does Maxi (as did Merieles).

Suarez is the perfect #7.. if we had a Soldado alongside him we would be destroying teams on the scoreboard.
"Its not just any other club" C.Tyldsley
"Liverpool are a special institution" X.Alonso
"Anfield es un templo de fútbol" AS
"The English club prove miracles do exist" D.Maradona
"Theres not one club in the world so united with its fans. Liverpool fans sent shivers down my spine" J.Cruyff
Kerry07

Postby Rush Job » Thu Mar 08, 2012 4:23 pm

I`d like to see more of maxi. I think when he plays with suares our movement is much better, they link up so well I`d definitely be using him more.
Dont judge a book by the cover, unless you cover just another, because blind exceptance is a sign,
Of stupid fools who stand in line......  Like..
Rush Job
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:14 pm

Its unbelievble that Andy Carroll gets slated even when he wasnt playing!

That game was screaming out for Carroll, the Arsenal defence would not have coped with his power.

Kuyt had a decent game but he should have come off early in the 2nd half and Andy should have come on.

I wouldnt bother with Maxi, he goes missing more than Downing and Henderson (and even Shergar!).  He will be gone this summer.

Andy Carroll was just starting to get a bit of confidence and started to look part of the team and then he has been dropped back down to the bench.. shame!!  and have we started scoring loads of goals when he hasnt been playing?  err no!!!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby Boxscarf » Thu Mar 08, 2012 6:24 pm

Andy Carroll is undoubtedly a good player, he has bags of potential to be an old school English forward in the Chris Sutton mould, but I do believe that Carroll was a panic buy by Dalglish for what was a callous transfer saga involving Fernando Torres. Carroll is unfortunate, because for £35m you would expect a finished article, and Carroll is nowhere to being that - his price tag will always dangle over his head like a carrot on a stick and I honestly don't believe there is much of an understanding between Carroll and the rest of the attacking players, though I suspect with more first team football (for Andy) this will change, he certainly seems to be performing much better as of late and I do hope this continues.

I won't right Andy off as a failure just yet, because I remember doing that with Lucas and fast forward two years later and Lucas is an integral part of the team and is sorely missed in our midfield.
Boxscarf

Postby D___C » Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:26 pm

Horrible signing. I have never met anyone who thought he was worth more than 10 million. Newcastle did a number on us.

It was leaked we tried to offload him in January, and there are insiders at the club who were worried about his signing from day one. The problem i see with trying to offload Carroll is no one will pay half of what we did for him, so will the owners be ok with us taking such a financial hit?

I think hes on 60k per week so a prospective buyer such as Newcastle or Villa could afford his wages, the question is the fee.
D___C

Postby ycsatbjywtbiastkamb » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:25 pm

D___C wrote:Horrible signing. I have never met anyone who thought he was worth more than 10 million. Newcastle did a number on us.

It was leaked we tried to offload him in January, and there are insiders at the club who were worried about his signing from day one. The problem i see with trying to offload Carroll is no one will pay half of what we did for him, so will the owners be ok with us taking such a financial hit?

I think hes on 60k per week so a prospective buyer such as Newcastle or Villa could afford his wages, the question is the fee.

who are these insiders at the club that were worried about his signing from day 1? are they players? members of the coaching staff?
ycsatbjywtbiastkamb
LFC Guru Member

Postby red till i die!! » Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:56 pm

D___C wrote:Horrible signing. I have never met anyone who thought he was worth more than 10 million. Newcastle did a number on us.

i wouldnt go as far to say he is worth what we paid but he is worth more than 10 mil easy.
if there is as you say insiders that were worried from day 1 then they obviously are'nt anyone of importance as we signed him anyway.
red till i die!!
LFC Super Member

PreviousNext

Return to Premiership - General Discussion