Bbc 3, - Shouldnt this also be axed?

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby Kharhaz » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:08 am

Now the BBC have cut a load of programs that us licence fee payers have been paying for, and are now concentrating on quality rather than quantity.

So why hasnt BBC 3 been axed?

Aside from Family Guy, there is nothing on worth watching. Take the rest of this evening for instance:

First Time Voters Question Time with Dermot O'Leary

Dancing on Wheels

Hotter Than My Daughter

Snog, Marry, Avoid

Coming of Age.

We are paying for this tripe ! I honestly dont know anyone who watches this cr@p. Like I said the only thing worth watching is Family Guy, if it wasnt for that I wouldnt watch it at all. How is this channel not one of the ones to be cut? and to top it who the hell watches BBC 4 ???
Bill Shankly: “I was the best manager in Britain because I was never devious or cheated anyone. I’d break my wife’s legs if I played against her, but I’d never cheat her.”
Kharhaz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Thu Mar 04, 2010 2:41 am

i think yes, what about you?
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:35 pm

BBC3 is badly used, BBC4 is worse. You could combine the two sets of programmes at no great loss, ad nauseam repeats of the programme the BBC has sex with (Doctor Who) and other lesser shows could be reduced in repetition and merged. I rarely watch BBC4, the only programme on there worth mentioning is Only Connect (Monday 8.30pm, repeated THURSDAY 7.30pm)

With all these cuts I can tell we'll be getting a TV licence fee reduction - NOT! All these new channels was great in theory, but it was rapidly obvious they were just showing the same programmes over and over without having the budget to fund FOUR channels with new and/or diverse material.

I propose they merge BBC3 and BBC4, keep most of the same (types of) programmes, but repeat less (often). Use BBC4 as a new "Classic BBC" channel and show old BBC Sci-Fi (Blakes 7, old Doctor Who etc), comedies (One Foot In The Grave, Only Fools And Horses etc), quiz shows etc which shouldn't cost them anything - unless, as I suspect, they sold them or the rights to broadcast to s*y which would explain why a lot of stuff isn't (repeated) on BBC. They quite probably sold off the classic stuff, suddenly found out the hard way it is more sought after than they 'thought' and they're now screwed because they'd have to pay a lot to show it themselves and have to pay as much if not more to fill their own schedule.

If you walk into a shop and buy something it comes with a guarantee, quality assurance (if you're not completely satisfied kind of thing) and you get to choose. We have to pay for cruddy programmes, repeated and seems more and more aimed at the female of the species and you struggle to find six hour's worth of worthwhile TV across 20+ channels in one day. It's the same films over and over, again I suspect they struggle to compete with s*y for rights to show, and sport has become a joke. The only thing gets much coverage bar Rugby Union is tennis, olympics and non-sports like snoozeker and drats - the latter two non-sports broadcast for long spells and destroying any hopes of decent scheduling on the afflicted channels.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Fri Mar 05, 2010 11:41 pm

Off The Hook was quite good aside from that there isn't much else I watch on BBC3, maybe Heroes.

They should get rid of that BBC Parliament channel too, another waste of space. If there is something noteworthy to watch like PM's Q&A or the PM's weekly address then it's usually on BBC News live anyway.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Sat Mar 06, 2010 8:39 am

Isn't Heroes also on BBC2? I think all the channels thought it would be great, but name me one channel of the main four BBC, ITV, C4 and C5 that does offer a really broad variety and doesn't repeat programmes ad nauseam with their +1s and also omnibuses that mean one soap episode gets about six airings a week as well as being on most nights
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Topkat » Sat Mar 27, 2010 8:36 pm

They should get rid of the BBC so we wont have to pay for the license anymore  :)
Liverpool 4 life
Topkat

Postby Big Niall » Sat Mar 27, 2010 10:41 pm

cut all celebrity dance, dine, garden, clean houses, and all the other despicable krap that dumbs down western societies.

Slight side note, but I watched a bit of sky news last week and it was people texting and youtube clips of an animal doing tricks. Seriously, I think Muroch is trying to turn the population into ignorant fools who the powers can manipulate with ease.

I love the odd "dumb" programme like family guy, but generally watch stuff that leaves me feeling smarter than when I started.

I despise celebrity and don't give a krap about what a footballer does , his wife, his kids, his house or him.

Rant over!!!!!!!
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Mon Mar 29, 2010 3:54 pm

agree. even if its not axed completely - I like Owzats suggestion of merging bbc 3 with bbc 4, and having quite a good channel - still not a good channel but an okay one
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby SouthCoastShankly » Mon Mar 29, 2010 4:31 pm

Heroes in on BBC 3 at the moment. NO chance of getting rid IMO.
SouthCoastShankly
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to General Chat Forum