Milan jovanovic

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Dundalk » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:10 pm

Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:13 pm

Dundalk - the Mirror have reported the same quotes from the lad's agent today...

Serbian striker Milan Jovanovic has agreed to join Liverpool this summer.

Jovanovic's agent Zoran Stojadinovic says the Standard Liege star has snubbed Valencia in favour of Liverpool.

Jovanovic will be a free agent this summer and attracted interest from Manchester City and Birmingham but Liverpool appear to have won the race after offering him a £40,000-a-week contract.

The Serbian international, who will represent his country at this summer's World Cup, was won over by Liverpool boss Rafa Benitez.

Stojadinovic said: "We have spoken with Rafa Benitez and he convinced us about his project for the club.

"Milan speaks the language and adaptation will not be a problem for him when he moves to England."
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby bunglemark2 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:14 pm

I would have preferred their midfielder, defour ? Crackin' player....
http://s2.tinypic.com/30ldif7_th.jpg
See yooo, Judas. Yoo're gettin' on mah titz !
bunglemark2

Postby Dundalk » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:15 pm

Sounds good

He looks a decent player and is just what we are looking for at the moment both in position and price :D
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Feb 10, 2010 12:19 pm

Dundalk wrote:Sounds good

He looks a decent player and is just what we are looking for at the moment both in position and price :D

It's gonna be a big step up for the lad.  The Jupiler league ain't no Premiership, that's for sure.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:08 pm

It seems to have been confirmed in the Metro and there are further comments he has told a newspaper in Belgium. He seems a decent player but i have concerns about any striker who is 28 and has not played in a league bigger than the Belgian one - I agree he is going to have to step up quickly when he arrives.
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby standard fan » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:29 pm

@ yossi

you can be sure.

he was one of the best youthplayers from serbia.shaktar came with some money and he was stupid enough to go overthere.you have to play with several homegrown players and their brazilian players needed to play, that's the main reason why he failed.in one of the club from moscow it was the same.

he is fast in the first meters.will be good player to play on the left and normally he must be able to give some assists and score some goals.a good start will be important, but he chose for liverpool because benitez wanted him and in milan there is ronaldinho.if he feels confidence I'm pretty sure he won't disappoint and he might even surprise.

he is very unpredictable.but even supporters from other clubs love him 2.sometimes he goes a little crazy (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4LNXjRxP ... re=related)look after 55 sec.
and on the counter he can become a weapon for liverpool.in a good day everything is possible with him

sorry for my bad english
standard fan

Postby heimdall » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:31 pm

Yossi_Benaloon wrote:It seems to have been confirmed in the Metro and there are further comments he has told a newspaper in Belgium. He seems a decent player but i have concerns about any striker who is 28 and has not played in a league bigger than the Belgian one - I agree he is going to have to step up quickly when he arrives.

Confirmed in the metro?? Isn't the metro just a rehash of other newspapers? I'd be more than happy with this signing though.
heimdall

Postby standard fan » Wed Feb 10, 2010 1:40 pm

I'd be more than happy with this signing though.

he has signed he says on Sporza."En dit is een akkoord(=agreement), geen voorakkoord(something you have before the actual agreement; don't know english name)"
and we heared his manager on the radio.

still needs to do medical exam
standard fan

Postby Owzat » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:05 pm

standard fan wrote:
I'd be more than happy with this signing though.

he has signed he says on Sporza."En dit is een akkoord(=agreement), geen voorakkoord(something you have before the actual agreement; don't know english name)"
and we heared his manager on the radio.

still needs to do medical exam

I think "pre-contract agreement" or something like that, where you can't sign the contract until your existing contract expires, but says you will join when it does.

Interesting signing, the price is right and nine goals in 23 internationals is useful. His penalty put the bitters out of the UEFA Cup last season so should start off quite popular

And wikipedia has him down as a Liverpool player as of 2010

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki....n_1981)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Roger Red Hat » Wed Feb 10, 2010 2:19 pm

3 years deal with a view to a one season extension should he prove to be the mutts nutts.

Welcome to Anfield Milan Jovanovic - hope you realise you've just joined the Premier League Champions 2010/2011
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill