Jovanovic - looks promising

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby OneHotRed » Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:03 pm

Serbia international Milan Jovanovic has announced his Bosman move to Premier League top-four chasers Liverpool from Standard Liege at the end of the season is “sorted”.

Reports had suggested the striker’s switch to Anfield in the summer was in doubt because of uncertainty surrounding manager Rafa Benitez’s long-term future on Merseyside.

However, Jovanovic, who rejected the chance to join Spain’s big-spending capital club Real Madrid last season, has suggested he is only waiting for a work permit.

“For me, it’s sorted,” Jovanovic said. “The only thing is that my work permit is not yet in order.

“But I have until June to get it. I’m at ease. Next season I will play at Liverpool.”

http://www.topleague.co.uk/liverpo....vanovic
Jovanovic - Maybe sorted
OneHotRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby metalhead » Sat Apr 03, 2010 7:29 pm

I have doubts about this lad, I'm just saying because we don't have a good history with Rafa and bosman signings. Hopefully he can turn out to be good.
ImageImageImage
metalhead
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Apr 04, 2010 2:23 am

Aurelio was a good player, just crocked

Folwer came back on free transfer

Maxi was free

it would be ridiculous to have doubts about him just because he is on a free transfer.

He has played really well in the Europa league this year, haven't seen much of him in domestic league action.
JoeTerp

Postby leep33 » Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:11 am

He is a good signing and hasn't cost us a transfer fee, a good bit of business in my opinion.
leep33

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Tue Apr 06, 2010 10:55 am

He is a free transfer so that is a good start, it might be a big step up coming from the Belgian league to the Premier League but lets hope he turns out to be a good signing and capable of getting a few goals.
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby Fauxy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:48 pm

He has done well in Europa for Standard.. still not sure if he can fill the gap for when Torres is injured next season though
Fauxy

Postby tubby » Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:19 pm

The thing I hate about the way we play is this 1 striker nonsense. It means any backup striker has to warm the bench whilst Torres is fit and after a while I would imagine the player gets rusty or demotivated. I really wish we start playing with 2 strikers again.

Anyway I think given the nature of our finances a few free players were always on the cards and this fella seems to be in demand elsewhere so that's a positive.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red_guy » Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:27 am

Fauxy wrote:He has done well in Europa for Standard.. still not sure if he can fill the gap for when Torres is injured next season though

Well, at least he has more experience and  safe to say, a better player than Ngog.
"Liverpool was made for me and I was made for Liverpool." Bill Shankly
red_guy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby leep33 » Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:20 pm

I agree but i am still hoping we will get some investment and buy another striker.
leep33

Postby Greavesie » Fri Apr 09, 2010 2:06 pm

bavlondon wrote:The thing I hate about the way we play is this 1 striker nonsense. It means any backup striker has to warm the bench whilst Torres is fit and after a while I would imagine the player gets rusty or demotivated. I really wish we start playing with 2 strikers again.

Anyway I think given the nature of our finances a few free players were always on the cards and this fella seems to be in demand elsewhere so that's a positive.

I think 2 strikers is a much better way about handling the situatio, we cansplash a lot more on another striker and play so then we have a better chance of scoring goals and not one of them whinging that they're not playing.

2 (good) strikers with Stevie playing behind would be incredible
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:56 am

Is anyone else concerned about these reports about Jovanovic pulling out of the move to Liverpool. Jovanovic has claimed he may be able to pull out of the move, which was set to see him sign a three-year contract at Anfield and go to join Rafa at Inter instead. Surely if he has signed a deal then he cannot pull out of it yes?
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby zarababe » Thu Jun 24, 2010 6:52 pm

hey if you read the spine was being sold, nearly everyday you pick-up a paper.. would you wanna come ???
THE BRENDAN REVOLUTION IS UPON US !

KING KENNY.. Always LEGEND !

RAFA.. MADE THE PEOPLE HAPPY !

Miss YOU Phil-Drummer - RIP YNWA

zarababe
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby only me » Sat Jun 26, 2010 8:20 am

From the little i saw Serbia play Yovanovic looks like an excellent signing ,he is strong quick good ball control good movement on the pitch ,frankly was surprised at his ability.

The World cup gives us a rare oppertunity to discover hidden gems and the understanding that signing good quality players doesn't have to be rocket science (Rafa) - Take a look at Chile's players ,i would sign half their team.

Hope someone is taking notes.
only me
LFC Super Member

Postby Owzat » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:00 am

Yossi_Benaloon wrote:Is anyone else concerned about these reports about Jovanovic pulling out of the move to Liverpool. Jovanovic has claimed he may be able to pull out of the move, which was set to see him sign a three-year contract at Anfield and go to join Rafa at Inter instead. Surely if he has signed a deal then he cannot pull out of it yes?

If he signed a pre-contract then we can claim compensation a la Obi Mikel surely....................? I wouldn't say he can't pull out, Coventry thought they'd signed Robert Jarni, Obi Mikel switcharooed on the mancs and that cost Chelsea more than he may ever be worth, and there are other instances on changes of mind.

If he doesn't want to come then I say "feck him", do we really want players coming here for the wrong reasons? (like the manager not the club)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby freundfire » Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:51 am

Jovanovic sounds really good to me.. Let´s hope he will be playing next season for liverpool
freundfire

Return to The Rumour Mill