Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Reg » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:09 pm

From a mate of mine who knows half a noodle more than me and I´m not stoopid:

Stevie has given up on his hopes of wining a PL medal with LFC and whilst doesnt want to move to another PL team (which Carra has campaigned Stevie against) will go to Real Madrid, Barcelona or Inter Meelan this summer to win a championship overseas.

Torres is also to be cashed in this summer to pay down the debt.

Read into it what you will but that apparantly is the current state of affairs.
Last edited by Reg on Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby shanklygates » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:50 pm

believe it when i see it.
shanklygates

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Dec 15, 2009 8:58 pm

Reg wrote:From a mate of mine who knows half a noodle more than me and I´m not stoopid:

Stevie has given up on his hopes of wining a PL medal with LFC and whilst doesnt want to move to another PL team (which Carra has campaigned Stevie against) will go to Real Madrid, Barcelona or Inter Meelan this summer to win a championship overseas.

Torres is also to be cashed in this summer to pay down the debt.

Read into it what you will but that apparantly is the current state of affairs.

If there is any half truth in that Reg mate, especialy about Fernando , then the fecking lying g.ets need stringing up.

An if they sell Fernando to pay there loan , thats it for me , ill give up.
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:02 pm

that would kill me
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby dawson99 » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:20 pm

wed survive no matter what. and its all hearsay, i heard a rumour about Parker months ago and nothing happened there...

oh...

shi...
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Tue Dec 15, 2009 9:41 pm

:D
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby JC_81 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:30 am

Doesn't sound likely.

You'd struggle to get over 20 million for Gerrard given his age imo (He'll hit 30 before the season ends).  Wouldn't even make a dent in the debt we're in, while we'd lose our best player - doesn't make business or footballing sense so it won't happen.  Even then I don't think he'd leave now anyway.

Torres is the one I'd worry about.  I don't think he wants to go, but if you get someone like City offering 80 million or something and the owners accept it, and Rafa goes, then it's not beyond the realms of possibility that Torres might go.  I still doubt it though, he wants to be here and given that I don't think he'd fancy City, Barce are probably the only team I could see him leaving us for while still in his prime.

My money however would be on both being here next season... Benitez on the other hand...
Last edited by JC_81 on Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ciggy » Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:58 am

Ive heard Gerrards off to madrid but Torres wont be joining him there, and he wont go to City or an other english club either.

Cant blame Gerrard TBH he has given his all for us I would wish him all the best if he wanted to see something new.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Waldo » Fri Dec 18, 2009 1:26 pm

Ciggy wrote:Ive heard Gerrards off to madrid but Torres wont be joining him there, and he wont go to City or an other english club either.

Cant blame Gerrard TBH he has given his all for us I would wish him all the best if he wanted to see something new.

Agree on the Gerrard bit. He has given more than his all for this club.
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby shanklygates » Fri Dec 18, 2009 5:37 pm

gerrard wont leave, he will finish his career at liverpool.

if he won a title medal with say madrid who win it basically year in year out, i actually think he would be quite despondent about it all, that the medal he has would not be with liverpool, and it wouldnt carry the same pleasure.
shanklygates

Postby Dex » Mon Dec 21, 2009 5:15 am

As much as selling Stevie, Torress and everyone else may suit the yanks I can't see any of our major players leaving apart from Masch and if we get 30 mill for him we can improve the team
Dex

Postby Reg » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:06 pm

What options does Gerrard have?

We´ve blown this season, we dont have the calibre of players to win the league next season - maybe even the year after, then BINGO Gerrard is 32 years old and he's been a crutch all his playing career for a club that cant build a league winning side.

Why should he stay, IMHO if he wants further success he has to bail out now.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby made in UK » Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:11 pm

Reg wrote:What options does Gerrard have?

We´ve blown this season, we dont have the calibre of players to win the league next season - maybe even the year after, then BINGO Gerrard is 32 years old and he's been a crutch all his playing career for a club that cant build a league winning side.

Why should he stay, IMHO if he wants further success he has to bail out now.

And you called for all the "miserable tw@ts" to enter this thread.  :laugh:
"I'm a bellend and now I'm banned for life"
made in UK
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:10 pm

I would love this lad to be our player , he is absolute quality i have watched him loads an if there is even a sniff of us getting him then Rafa has to pull out all the stops , ill start the whipround for you Rafa lad

Liverpool to spend £10m on Galatasaray star Arda Turan once Ryan Babel, Andriy Voronin and Andrea Dossena are sold
By Sportsmail Reporter

29th December 2009

Liverpool target: Arda Turan only has eyes for Anfield
Liverpool boss Rafael Benitez will hope to snap up Galatasaray winger Arda Turan after the Turkey midfielder revealed he wants to move to Anfield.
The 22-year-old is reported to be a target of Arsenal but is only interested in one Premier League team.
He said: 'When I've finished my business at Galatasaray, I will be happy to move on.
'I most want to play at Liverpool because of the culture of the club and the fans.'
Benitez will offload at least three players to fund the £10m move for Turan, with Ryan Babel, Andrea Dossena and Andriy Voronin all set to be shown the exit door next month.
Turan has scored 55 League goals in 88 appearances for Galatasaray and has five in 34 starts for Turkey.

Read more: [url=http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-1239160/Liverpool-spend-10m-Galatasaray-star-Arda-Turan-Ryan-Babel-Andriy-Voronin-Andrea-Dossena-s
old.html?ITO=1490#ixzz0b5u2sMOL]http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport....5u2sMOL[/url]
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aussie Style » Thu Jan 07, 2010 7:40 am

Heres one I'd love to see eventuate..

Liverpool manager Rafa Benitez is continuing to monitor the form of Uruguayan striker Luis Suarez in regards to a January move.

The Ajax star has been in superb form in Holland with reports from the Dutch press suggesting that once funds have been raised by the sale of Andrea Dossena and Andriy Voronin we will see the creative star move to Anfield.

Suarez has been playing in Holland for the past three and a bit seasons and has consistently scored goals whether playing on the flanks or just behind the main striker. Last season was his best tally so far after scoring 22 goals in 31 league appearances (30 starts). Eight of those 22 goals came via the penalty spot as Suarez finished joint 2nd in the Dutch scoring charts. Despite the Uruguayan's best efforts, Ajax finished 12 points behind champions AZ and one point behind 2nd placed FC Twente meaning they failed to qualify for the Champions League.

Ajax's failure to qualify led Suarez to urge the club to bring in new recruits. He told Sportsweek in the summer, "It would definitely be useful for Ajax to sign some quality players. It's up to the coach to decide on which position we need to strengthen the squad. However, we could use some physically strong players in my opinion."

"I'm extremely disappointed that we failed to qualify for the Champions League once again. I need to play at top level in order to keep improving as a player.

"Nevertheless, missing out on Champions League football is not just bad for me, but also disastrous for the club. Ajax have to wait yet another year to play at the highest level."

Liverpool were one of the clubs who were interested in providing the Uruguayan with the 'highest level' of football required as Rafa Benitez is a keen admirer. The player's versatility also interested the Spaniard who was and still is looking to strengthen his squad significantly. However, Barcelona and Manchester United are also reported to be keen and no wonder as Suarez has started the season under new manager Martin Jol incredibly.

Ajax are currently third in the Dutch top division, nine points behind leaders FC Twente but there's no disputing who is top of the scoring charts. Suarez has scored 18 goals in just 17 league appearances, five goals ahead of his nearest competitor. Only four of the 18 strikes have arrived via the penalty spot. Not only has Suarez been his sensational form domestically but also in Europe and for his country. The Uruguayan has scored 6 goals in the Europa League with four coming in one match v Slovan Bratislava. He has also scored in two of his last five international appearances.

The 22-year-old began his career in his homeland with club Nacional where he won a Uruguayan title before moving to Groningen in the summer of 2006 for €800,000. In his only season for the club he scored 10 goals in 29 league appearances (26 starts) before Ajax made their move for a fee of €9.5M. He has been monitored by Rafa Benitez for a number of seasons but he has really caught his attention since he moved to Amsterdam.

Suarez has been a big hit since his move to Amsterdam after scoring 57 goals in just 81 league appearances (76 starts). His present contract expires in 2012 but with Liverpool, Manchester United, AC Milan and Barcelona still interested this may well be his last season in Holland. That is if he does not secure a move to Anfield in January. The deal depends on Liverpool's ability to raise funds with Napoli eyeing Dossena, Birmingham chasing Babel and a number of Ukrainian sides chasing Voronin.

The Uruguayan with 9 goals in 28 appearances for his country does have a reputation for ill-discipline which is perfectly illustrated by the 25 yellow cards he has received in 3 and a half seasons in Holland. He was also sent-off on his international debut against Colombia in February 2007. However, for what he lacks in discipline, he certainly makes up for in talent. Not only does he score goals but he is also very creative and Liverpool fans will be rueing the fact they missed out on him in the summer. However, the press claim if a deal can be done that could change in January. Quotes from Ajax certainly back these reports up.

"It's up to the technical staff to decide whether Luis will be allowed to leave the club. Nevertheless, we're ready to talk about a transfer if an extremely good offer comes in," club director Rik van den Boog was quoted as saying in Algemeen Dagblad.

"We still expect Luis to stay in Amsterdam until the end of the running season, but we are ready to listen to other clubs if a transfer is in the club's or the player's best interest."

This story has been reproduced from today's media. It does not necessarily reflect the position of Liverpool Football Club.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Next

Return to The Rumour Mill