Rumour of the day - For the miserable tw@ts amongst you

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby RedBen » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:56 am

Brilliant player but he makes Ronaldo and Drogba look like the fairest players on the planet.
RedBen
LFC Super Member

Postby Aussie Style » Thu Jan 07, 2010 1:56 pm

I'm sure Carra and Stevie would sort that out. Babel could hold the key to getting Suarez. I'd love to get him.
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby Waldo » Thu Jan 07, 2010 2:24 pm

AJAX are known to be interested in taking Ryan Babel back to Holland and if Rafa is interested in this Suarez then there you have it - a straight swap deal - easy peasy :p
Waldo
LFC Super Member

Postby Ray Pugh » Thu Jan 07, 2010 4:21 pm

I like the sound of this.

My only worry is thet he can play striker or on the wings.

Therefore Rafa won't have a clue which is his best position, and 2 years later still won't! He will then be looking to offload him as the player has lost all self-confidence due to making the odd 10 minute cameo appearances.

:eyebrow
Ray Pugh

Postby JC_81 » Thu Jan 07, 2010 6:07 pm

Rumours that Birmingham are considering upping their 8 million Babel offer to 10 mil.  I'd take that for the lazy big sh.ite no problem.

I just don't think he'll fancy Birmingham though and the deal won't go through.
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Snake » Thu Jan 07, 2010 9:56 pm

If Keane was sold because he wasn't performing well, why can't Babel be sold for the same reason?
As for the first post, unlikely. There are certain players who are like the badge of the club; they are with the club forever.
Such players are like Del Piero for Juventus, Raul for Madrid, Totti for Roma, Maldini\Pirlo for Milan, Gerrard for Liverpool, Lampard for Chelsea, and Beckham for the world :P
Snake

Postby Simari » Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:35 pm

no thanks to Suarez. He needs a million chances to score goals and frustrates far too often.

Most of his goals this season have come in Ajax drubbings. He is very similar to Bellamy. Rafa wouldn't know where to put him.
Simari
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:26 pm

Ray Pugh wrote:I like the sound of this.

My only worry is thet he can play striker or on the wings.

Therefore Rafa won't have a clue which is his best position, and 2 years later still won't! He will then be looking to offload him as the player has lost all self-confidence due to making the odd 10 minute cameo appearances.

:eyebrow

What, like Torres, Gerrard and Carragher? How about Alonso, Garcia, Finnan, Reina, Agger and Sami? Did they lose confidence under that thorough incompetent Raf?

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:31 pm

Snake wrote:If Keane was sold because he wasn't performing well, why can't Babel be sold for the same reason?
As for the first post, unlikely. There are certain players who are like the badge of the club; they are with the club forever.
Such players are like Del Piero for Juventus, Raul for Madrid, Totti for Roma, Maldini\Pirlo for Milan, Gerrard for Liverpool, Lampard for Chelsea, and Beckham for the world :P

I think Carragher deserves a mention in that list - so does Scholes (begrudgingly).

EDIT: Hold up - Lampard was bought from cockney rivals West Ham!!!!!!!!!!
Last edited by Lando_Griffin on Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Aussie Style » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:24 am

Simari wrote:no thanks to Suarez. He needs a million chances to score goals and frustrates far too often.

In his last 26 games for Ajax he has scored 30 goals !
Aussie Style
LFC Super Member

Postby Lando_Griffin » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:32 am

Aussie Style wrote:
Simari wrote:no thanks to Suarez. He needs a million chances to score goals and frustrates far too often.

In his last 26 games for Ajax he has scored 30 goals !

They were all in walk-overs, though... :D

Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Snake » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:09 pm

Apparently, Benitez is eye-ing Wolves RB Richard Stearman:
The versatility of Wolverhampton Wanderers defender Richard Stearman has piqued the interest of Liverpool manager Rafael Benitez, who sees the burgeoning 22-year-old as a competent deputy for injured right-back Glen Johnson according to the Daily Mirror.

Stearman was a fundamental component of the Wolves side that claimed the Championship trophy last season, and he's produced a number of sturdy displays in the Premier League this season as well.

Able to play centrally, or at right-back, Stearman has even covered in the left-back position for Mick McCarthy's strugglers.

Stearman was signed from Leicester City in 2008, and his potential availability during the January transfer market has alerted the Reds management, who have funds to play with following the departure of Andrea Dossena to Serie A side Napoli.

Never seen the lad play. Is he any good?
Snake

Postby dawson99 » Sat Jan 09, 2010 2:58 pm

Lando_Griffin wrote:
Snake wrote:If Keane was sold because he wasn't performing well, why can't Babel be sold for the same reason?

I think Carragher deserves a mention in that list - so does Scholes (begrudgingly).

EDIT: Hold up - Lampard was bought from cockney rivals West Ham!!!!!!!!!!

Le Tiss for the saints is my fave example.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NANNY RED » Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:50 pm

Rumour of the day,

Sergio Ramos to Man City :;):
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:18 pm

Liverpool make shock offer for Reading goalkeeper - exclusive
Published 23:00 13/01/10 By Darren Lewis
(1)Recommend (6)

Reading keeper Adam Federici is agonising over a move to Liverpool.

The 24-year-old Australian stopper is first choice at the Madejski Stadium but dad Tony has revealed his son's agent has been approached about a dream move to Anfield where he would be understudy Pepe Reina.

Tony also insisted son Adam "would be mad" not to accept the chance. Federici Snr, an estate agent in his homeland, said: "If I was advising him, in the big scheme of things, you'd have to be mad not to not to take it.

"I spoke to Adam and his agent has said he was aware that there had been some contact.

"There is some substance to it, but I don't know how keen Reading would be to let him go given he is their first-choice keeper.

"Adam has always wanted to play with one of the top four or five clubs. We'll all know more after Thursday."

Federici was part of the side that dramatically knocked Liverpool out of the FA Cup at Anfield last night.

Manager Benitez has been interested in signing Federici since the rising star's performance in the original tie against Liverpool, two weeks ago, which finished 1-1.

Federici became Reading's first-choice keeper at the start of the season and has 18 months left on his Royals contract. His Dad, however, admitted he faces a dilemma.

Federici snr went on: "To be part of such a big club would be a great opportunity, but he needs to play.

"Adam's main priority is to play regularly; if he plays the rest of the year for Reading he will have a full season as a No 1 under his belt.

"Reina is only 27, but if in six months or a year there was a first-choice spot, it would be a great move.

"It is an attractive move, but he would be going there as the back-up."

------------------------------

Just what we need to turn our season around ........ another backup goalkeeper (where is that sarcastic smilie)
account deleted by request

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill