The top four, at what point.... - Does it start getting serious?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:14 pm

Owzat wrote:
stmichael wrote:well the next 4 games are arsenal, wigan, pompey and wolves. should be 10 points minimum but hopefully 12 as arsenal have some key injuries at the moment.

"should be" based on what? Recent form? Past form?

based on the fact that sooner rather than later our players have got to pull their fingers out of their ar$es and start performing. you can't blame the manager for what i perceived to be a distict lack of effort from the team on saturday. you can argue whether they're good enough until the cows come home but no liverpool fan will tolerate some of the "performances" we've put in this season.
Last edited by stmichael on Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:18 pm

stmichael wrote:
Owzat wrote:
stmichael wrote:well the next 4 games are arsenal, wigan, pompey and wolves. should be 10 points minimum but hopefully 12 as arsenal have some key injuries at the moment.

based onb the fact that sooner rather than later our players have got to pull their fingers out of their ar$es and start performing.

Some may have already decided they will 'want away' in January or the summer and may not care. Perhaps the truth is the team isn't performing badly for want of effort, perhaps it is more for want of quality
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Scottbot » Mon Dec 07, 2009 2:23 pm

stmichael wrote:
Owzat wrote:

based on the fact that sooner rather than later our players have got to pull their fingers out of their ar$es and start performing. you can't blame the manager for what i perceived to be a distict lack of effort from the team on saturday. you can argue whether they're good enough until the cows come home but no liverpool fan will tolerate some of the "performances" we've put in this season.

I don't buy into that St.Mick, I diudn't see anything to suggest lack of effort. It's not like we failed to win the game because we weren't competing for 2nd balls, or the middies weren't tracking runners, or we weren't as committed in the tackle. We didn't win the game because our football (with the ball) was poor, it was unimaginitive, lacked adventure, our movement off the ball was poor, no-one was on the same page and we had no tempo to our passing game. And more importantly the set-up and personel was all wrong.
Scottbot
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby stmichael » Mon Dec 07, 2009 3:15 pm

Scottbot wrote:
stmichael wrote:
Owzat wrote:

I don't buy into that St.Mick, I diudn't see anything to suggest lack of effort. It's not like we failed to win the game because we weren't competing for 2nd balls, or the middies weren't tracking runners, or we weren't as committed in the tackle. We didn't win the game because our football (with the ball) was poor, it was unimaginitive, lacked adventure, our movement off the ball was poor, no-one was on the same page and we had no tempo to our passing game. And more importantly the set-up and personel was all wrong.

Ok maybe I worded it wrong. I was talking about a general lack of urgency and monotonous rate at which we moved the ball. I'm sure the players were trying but it was just so tedious to watch. So many players are lacking confidence it's unreal. It was as if we sent out a team that was compact but too cautious.

Ngog should have played from the start even though I don't like him as a lone striker. He's still better than Kuyt in that position as at least he gets into goalscoring positions as he showed when he hit the bar. I have no problem with Lucas and Mascherano for away games but even their weaknesses were magnified at the weekend because our wide men were non existent aswell. Riera may aswell not have been on the pitch. I would still like to see more options on the left and upfront.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion