A good point? - There he goes again

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:46 pm

so houllier reckons it was "a good point" against leeds, considering what happened against portsmouth. we were playing a team who is BOTTOM of the league for gods sake. we must have had 65% of possession during the game and created at least 10 good chances. we also conceded two sh#te goals from bad defending. at the moment it's not about performances, it's about results.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby shilton_red » Mon Mar 01, 2004 12:59 pm

Leeds are desperate and so were playing for their lives . They needed this game and 3 points . Both teams played some good stuff . We need to play well not win scruffy games . We need crisp fast passing into danger areas , and we nedd finishing . Houllier cant do this for them , the players must do this . Atleast hes upped the tempo and has cut out all the slow safety first stuff .
"WHEN YOU WALK THROUGH A STORM , HOLD YOUR HEAD UP
HIGH AND DONT BE AFRAID OF THE DARK ".
shilton_red

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:02 pm

i just don't think that it's been in houllier's mentality to allow our flair players to express themselves though. thats why he let litmanen (the creative genius) go for peanuts and persisted in playing heskey.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby shilton_red » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:06 pm

Heskeys no worse than any other really , at times hes saved us as at Yeovil . Hes a useful weopon , Sven wouldnt play him if he wasnt any good . No ones really played exceptional for us all season . Gerrard perhaps but even hes not 100% .
shilton_red

Postby stmichael » Mon Mar 01, 2004 1:12 pm

gerrard is world class. along with vieira the best midfielder in the premiership. whatever anyone says, and despite the fact that he would die for the club, 5 years down the line i will be surprised if he is still at liverpool football club.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Owzat » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:10 pm

Two draws against bottom three sides is not good enough, even if they were away games. If we lose to Leicester then we'll have picked up two points in three away matches against the three current relegation favourites. He can't use injuries as an excuse anymore......
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby big al » Mon Mar 01, 2004 2:35 pm

Its medioricty, but hey that's LFC some of us are happy with that so, seems thats how it will continue for a while.  The when the ficklebuggers get another beating by a s##t team they will boo and complain.  That's football I guess!
"Football Is the greatest democracy of all, That's providing your not Italian and pay the referee" Big al 2006
big al
LFC Elite Member

Postby The_Rock » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:40 pm

"Football is the winner"......is the biggest load of cr#p i have ever heard since............. "we are the leaders in shots on goal"....... I think GH is lowering the fans expectation with every match. First it was the league at the start of the season. Then it was was FA Cup, Uefa Cup and 3rd place. Then it was was FA Cup, Uefa Cup and 4th place. Then it was
Uefa Cup and 4th place. Soon it will be 4th place (sori...i can't see us winning the Uefa Cup, if we can't beat wolves and leeds). Then finally it will be 6th place and the excuse will be ........................"i think we have done well considering all the injuries. We had a 5 year plan, it is going on as planned. We have the most shots on goal in the league. If we had won the matches, which we drew, we would have wrapped 4th place. We have some young gems who will play 15-20 games next season"...........  ???

All i want is for liverpool to be where they belong...at the top.
A Genius Billionaire Playboy Philanthropist
The_Rock
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JBG » Mon Mar 01, 2004 4:56 pm

This "football is a winner" is a load of cr#p.

The only winning that should be done in a Liverpool game is the Liverpool team on the final score board.

End of story.
Jolly Bob Grumbine.
JBG
LFC Elite Member

Postby shilton_red » Mon Mar 01, 2004 5:34 pm

We want good football and it can be achieved . Second half eufa cup was good stuff . flowing passing ,quickness , in attack and defence . All good positive stuff . Alot of teams are under cachieving this year , only the Arsenal are firing on all cylinders .
shilton_red

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion