German football - I like the foundation

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby Big Niall » Sun May 31, 2009 8:54 pm

The top English clubs are undoubtedly better than the german ones but I'm not mad about Russian oil men (who may have been behind murders on his way to the top), dodgy Thai dictators with human right violations and wanted for arrest or Americans who borrow up to the hilt leaving the club in debt.

In Germany, none of this happens, they don't pay crazy wages (they told ballack to go to england if he wouldn't accept their money) and as a result their tickets are cheaper and they have the highest attendances in Europe at a reasonable price for the average man.

It just seems more old fashioned and represents what I like about football.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun May 31, 2009 9:12 pm

Those days will never return over here mate. I honestly think the only way to get a hold of all this spending nonsense in England is if salary and transfer caps are put into place.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby del_potro » Mon Aug 17, 2009 1:37 am

My favourite club Borussia Dortmund lost this Weekend.

Hamburger Sportverein 4:1 Borussia Dortmund :(
A german Liverpool fan
del_potro

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:52 pm

Much of the reason is because the fans got behind a unified campaign to stop the BL going down that route, after Dortmund and Bayern had gone the 'English way' to win their Euro Cups. That will never happen in England, where fans of other teams have pretty much laughed at the plight of Forest, Leeds and Newcastle.

I think most German clubs are running at about 35% of turnover on wages, most UK clubs are closer to about 90% ?
Yossi_Benaloon

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion