Jurgen the german.... - Is coaching....

International Football/Football World Wide - General Discussion

Postby dawson99 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:41 am

bayern munich from next summer.
maybe the wrong thread, place to post, but its the best news ive heard this year  :wwww

(hope the title isnt seen as anti german)
Last edited by dawson99 on Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:51 am

Happy Days to that.

That puts that little story to bed
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby ruskiy playmaker » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:43 am

Finally these stories can go away.  But I think he'll do a wonderful job there.
[img]http://i42.tinypic.com/lkw42.gif[img]
ruskiy playmaker

Postby Boocity » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:59 am

Five live said he takes over in the summer
Boocity
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:08 pm

Great news, as it really undermines a lot of those stupid stories going around in the press. Expect the Mourinho stories to intensify now though :angry:
JamCar05

Postby Sean » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:14 pm

If the yanks do want to move Benitez on.  Like him or hate him, Mourinho is the only available manager who I reckon would be able for the job.
Every Single Ball
Sean
LFC Super Member

Postby Well Red » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:38 pm

thank God Jurgen's off to Bayern. He has no coaching experience other than being the motivator of a national side who didn't win the world cup when it was held in their own country. That's not a good background CV. Good riddance! :;):
THERE WILL BE LIFE AFTER TORRES:

Well Red
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Fri Jan 11, 2008 12:40 pm

Sean wrote:If the yanks do want to move Benitez on.  Like him or hate him, Mourinho is the only available manager who I reckon would be able for the job.

Agreed.  At least you could understand the logic of going for Mourinho.  Klinsmann just didn't have the credentials (yet) to be considered as a serious candidate, should the axe fall for Rafa (which I hope it doesn't).
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby JamCar05 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:08 pm

Bad Bob wrote:
Sean wrote:If the yanks do want to move Benitez on.  Like him or hate him, Mourinho is the only available manager who I reckon would be able for the job.

Agreed.  At least you could understand the logic of going for Mourinho.  Klinsmann just didn't have the credentials (yet) to be considered as a serious candidate, should the axe fall for Rafa (which I hope it doesn't).

I agree with you too (though I really hope it doesn't become relevant, as I want Rafa to stay). What I was trying to say regarding Mourinho though, was just that these stories will intensify again now, seeing as the media can't write about Klinsmann being ready to take over any more. The media won't just leave Rafa be, the stories will continue through out the season (just maybe with different persons being linked to his job). Some of them really seem to have it in for him.
JamCar05

Postby puroresu » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:36 pm

Van Basten is leaving Holland.  Rijkaard could be free as well.
puroresu

Postby Ciggy » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:36 pm

Thank feck for that.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:44 pm

I'd love Mourinho to get the job

No interest in Van Basten, Rijjkaard maybe.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 1:55 pm

puroresu wrote:

What has Van Basten accomplished as a manager that Klinsmann hasn't (ie why should he be a valid contender, if Klinsmann isn't... which they both aren't imo)? In fact, what has he accomplished at all as a manager  ???  (As a player on the other hand, he's my all time favourite  :) ).

Rijkaard? Maybe, I've got no opinion on him really.

Anyway, I'd still just prefer that we keep Rafa and that all these rumours would disappear.
JamCar05

Postby RUSHIE#9 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 2:47 pm

puroresu wrote:

Van Basten is the same as Klinsmann to me and is just getting linked with these top jobs because of his name and based on his playing days, not his managerial ability.

Rijkaard is a tricky one, he's had top club experience for the past 3-4 years at Barcelona but if what we hear is true his coaching style leaves a lot to be desired. His tactical abilities are also not the best as he seems to find a plan A but when that doesn't work he is flummoxed. This is something I mentioned recently in the La Liga thread after 'el derby'. It was clear Madrid's gameplan was nullifying Barca's and Rijkaard just didn't have a clue how to counter it.

As for Mourinho the smart money seems to have him at either Milan or Barcelona next season....

...thank god!!
RUSHIE#9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Redman in wales » Sat Jan 12, 2008 12:28 pm

from the bbc gossip newspaper collumn:

Bayern Munich have claimed that their new manager - Jurgen Klinsmann was offered Rafael Benitez's job at Liverpool. (Various)
Redman in wales
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Next

Return to Football World Wide - General Discussion