Wtf are mancity doing ? - Shambolic !

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:38 pm

stmichael wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:By my reckoning, they've now got one of the stronger defensive units in the league: Toure, Lescott, Dunne, Bridge and Richards. 

All distinctly average imo. Would any of those get into our side?

I lean more to Mick's side of things: I think a couple would get into our side.  But, that's not really my point.  My point is that, early on the window, they were signing strikers like it they were penny candies and people wondered where the balance was going to come from because there were big questions at the back.  IMO, they've addressed those questions and now have pretty much all of the pieces in place (except maybe the manager?) to have a proper go at cracking the top four.  While Toure, Lescott, Dunne and co. might not be the best defensive unit in the league they are good enough to keep a lot of the league's attacking players in check, which is all City really needs, such is the wealth of their attacking talent.  I'm sorry but they will need to be taken seriously this season.
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby stmichael » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:44 pm

Bad Bob wrote:I'm sorry but they will need to be taken seriously this season.

Yeah I agree. Same with Spurs.

The thing with City is, their strike force will have days when they're on fire and days when they just don't look interested. Adebayor, Robihno, Santa Cruz and Tevez are hardly consistent performers. Well maybe Tevez is but he's hardly going to be a first team regular.
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby Bad Bob » Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:47 pm

stmichael wrote:
Bad Bob wrote:I'm sorry but they will need to be taken seriously this season.

Yeah I agree. Same with Spurs.

The thing with City is, their strike force will have days when they're on fire and days when they just don't look interested. Adebayor, Robihno, Santa Cruz and Tevez are hardly consistent performers. Well maybe Tevez is but he's hardly going to be a first team regular.

My hope is that they'll have days and weeks of ego-related clashes and in-fighting.  That'll be what does them in.  :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby tubby » Wed Aug 26, 2009 1:25 pm

Toffeehater wrote:
Fowler_E7 wrote:
Toffeehater wrote:
bavlondon wrote:Agreed with the exception of Dunne. Bridge would get into our side too.

Seen alot of bridge at city , he's been :censored: sh!te hasn't made a impact and is not the player that he once was at chelsea . THe only player from their defense i'd take is toure . Richards is overrated , dunne is like carra cept with less quality and lescott is just :censored: :censored:

And Skrtel and KYRGIAKOS are better than them? i dont think so mate

I'd rate skrtel above anyone of their defenders bar toure who looks set to be their captain now . Skrtel is young and already pretty good for his age , still loads to improve . I haven't seen the big greek play and till than i'll reserve my judgment on him

Lots to improve yes, good? No.

He often loses his marker like he done again the other night. He is just big and mean looking so everyone thinks that automatically makes him a good defender. Anyway I would imagine when Agger is fit Skrtel will drop to the bench. It was after he came back that things started going down the pan last season.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby tubby » Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:10 pm

How good did they look yesterday and 2 of their best strikers were injured, well 3 I guess if you can count Santa Cruz too. Don't think Spurs will last the pace but I can see City finishing in the top 4 this season quite easily.
My new blog for my upcoming holiday.

http://kunstevie.wordpress.com/
tubby
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yolz » Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:33 pm

History has shown that MONEY does buy you success, no matter how short it may last
Chelsea would never dream of reaching the present heights without russian oil money,
(I remember with a smile the days when Chelsea was lead by dennis wise) nor Blackburn boast a Premiership trophy (Although they had King Kenny on the helms)
As to Man City attracting big names just for the money...
Remember how the world was shocked when Juiniho signed for Middlesboro? or Zola for Chelsea(before they were awashed with Russian oil)
History has shown us that world-class players at their prime will make stupid mistakes
Roy Keane(remember him?) signing for Maure when he could have joined us(I don't care how much success he had! He could have joined us and he chose Manure instead! That's a stupid mistake no matter what!!!) and Thomas Brolin(Who he?) signing on to with Leeds
The point is, players will choose a club based on how much they are willing to pay them, and what prospects they see in the club
And right now, like it or not, Man City is the club to be in
They have no European obligations, all they have to do is play the league games, the Fa cup and the League cup
Players expect that they will be showing off their wares in Europe the following season
And if Hughes does not get them to the CL, a mass exodus is most likely
Anyway, to get back in point, Man city is building a team with money, and it works, but unless they get a decent manager, it'll only work for a couple of seasons
So no worries yet as long as they've got hughes on the helm!
The only True Reds in england...........
yolz

Postby Yossi_Benaloon » Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:32 pm

Dunne wouldn't get in our team anymore, he's got too slow and gives away daft numbers of penalties. If we were going to choose an 'older experienced PL centre back' of that ilk and price range i'd have Distin above him any day.
Yossi_Benaloon

Postby Dazzer » Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:38 pm

Dunne don't even play for them any more lmao !!!  :D
Dazzer
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:59 pm

Never mind City  the bitters are looking to sign this tw,at , who i hate with a vengence . I hope if hes in town one night someone gives him a crack. He will be joinin his mate that Cahill ,

Everton throw lifeline to Lucas Neill
Published 22:31 16/09/09 By David Maddock
Recommend

Everton boss David Moyes has moved to ease his club's injury crisis by offering Lucas Neill a route back into football.

The Aussie international defender is currently without a club after turning down a new deal with his former employers West Ham in the summer.

And the fact that he is a free agent will allow the Goodison club to sign him outside the constraints of the transfer window.

Moyes made the move after losing skipper Phil Neville to a serious knee injury last weekend. Neville provided cover along all the back line positions, and was seen as playing a vital role in the Everton squad.

Neill has turned down offers from other Premier League sides, even though he is out of work, after he judged that West Ham's diminished contract was too great a reduction on his wages.

Both Sunderland and Hull made enquiries as well as Greek club Olympiacos, but Neill was reluctant to take a massive hit on the £90,000 a week he earned at Upton Park.

He was given such a huge salary because he was a free agent when he left Blackburn three years ago, and even turned down Liverpool to take the money on offer in East London.

Negotiations were continuing last night, but he is ready to agree to Everton's offer of £40,000 a week, and could sign a deal that initially takes him to the end of the season, with an option for a further year.

It is good news for Goodison boss Moyes, who is facing something of a crisis ahead of tonight's opening Europa Cup group game against AEK Athens, following Neville's injury.

Right back Tony Hibbert is suspended and new boy John Heitinga is cup tied, leaving the Scots manager to decide between youngsters Jack Rodwell and Dan Gosling as stand in cover.

It is the not the only headache for Moyes. He has been left bemused by UEFA's decision to use the tie as an experiment for their new idea of introducing two more officials to help the referee, one positioned behind each goal.

Moyes is angry at being left in the dark by the European game's governing body, who have so far not offered any guidelines despite the revolutionary new approach to officiating matches.

"It is a very big game to be using us as a guinea pig. I'm all for ideas that help produce more correct decisions, but I'm not sure yet if this will work," he said.

"I think we will see a lot more infringements pulled up, and probably more penalties, but I can't say I understand the rules that well.

"We believe we should have had a briefing and even a run through in a training match, but we have been given very little information about it. Nobody from the referees association has come in to tell us what is going to happen, we've just had a sheet showing where the officials will be standing.

"The officials will be allowed to go onto the pitch, but they won't have flags, just earpieces, and that leaves potential for confusion. I'm not sure if this is the answer because it could raise as many questions as it solves, but I'll certainly be telling my players they have to be really careful in the box, because there could be more penaltie
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:51 pm

bavlondon wrote:How good did they look yesterday and 2 of their best strikers were injured, well 3 I guess if you can count Santa Cruz too. Don't think Spurs will last the pace but I can see City finishing in the top 4 this season quite easily.

They are winning games they lost last season, but haven't really played anyone but Arsenal who they beat 3-0 at COMS last season (4-2 this season)

Only time will tell, plenty have pencilled in the bitters and villa as top four finishers before only to see they don't have the endurance for the marathon that is the Premiership title and top four race. They've done pretty well so far, but bubbles can be burst quickly with only a few defeats.
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion