Emlyn hughes and michael owen

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby lakes10 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:12 am

over the last week i have been digging out some of my old Liverpool Videos.

I was shocked to find that emlyn hughes and michael owen had almost the same skill set.
their pace and agility was outstanding.

if Owen come out and said that he based all his football on emlyn hughes i would not be shocked, its not often that you can look at old videas and see a player that would still fit into our team today and still be the best but when you look at emlyn hughes thats what you get.

Its a shasme that Owen left when he did as i feel that he could have been even a better player than he ended up (lets hope he dont turn out to be one now he is with Man U ) thats one thing emlyn hughes woul;d never have done.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Reg » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:40 am

I watched the 1974 FA Cup final the other day and was very impressed by the standard of play - individual and team. That team would be no worse off in the league today than our current multi million pound er...er... lads.

Dig it out and have a butchers.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby lakes10 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:48 am

Reg wrote:I watched the 1974 FA Cup final the other day and was very impressed by the standard of play - individual and team. That team would be no worse off in the league today than our current multi million pound er...er... lads.

Dig it out and have a butchers.

lol i had that on the other night, our pace during the whole game was outstanding.

to think of the shock that was about to happen at the just just after the game.
lakes10
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:02 pm

lakes10 wrote:over the last week i have been digging out some of my old Liverpool Videos.

I was shocked to find that emlyn hughes and michael owen had almost the same skill set.
their pace and agility was outstanding.

if Owen come out and said that he based all his football on emlyn hughes i would not be shocked, its not often that you can look at old videas and see a player that would still fit into our team today and still be the best but when you look at emlyn hughes thats what you get.

Its a shasme that Owen left when he did as i feel that he could have been even a better player than he ended up (lets hope he dont turn out to be one now he is with Man U ) thats one thing emlyn hughes woul;d never have done.

to be honest Lakes, i couldn't (even before his evil act) mention owen in the same breath as Emlyn Hughes. Emlyn was the most enthusiastic,determined player iv'e seen in a Liverpool shirt. he would be in my all time first 11 every time, where as owen wouldn't.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby crazyhorse » Fri Sep 04, 2009 6:08 pm

Bit of a no brainer since my user name is Crazy Horse!!!

Legend, my favourite player of all time and the consumate professional. More commitment in his todger than most of our current squad.

Legend.

RIP Crazyhorse!
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Greavesie » Fri Sep 04, 2009 9:28 pm

Hughes = Legend

Owen = Tw@t
All round the fields of Anfield Road
Where once we watched the King Kenny play (and could he play!)
Stevie Heighway on the wing
We had dreams and songs to sing
'Bout the glory, round the Fields of Anfield Road

JFT 96 - Gone but never forgotten
YNWA 15/4/1989
God Bless You All
Greavesie

Postby redhayesy » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:16 pm

crazyhorse wrote:Bit of a no brainer since my user name is Crazy Horse!!!

Legend, my favourite player of all time and the consumate professional. More commitment in his todger than most of our current squad.

Legend.

RIP Crazyhorse!

:bowdown  enough said mate,couldn't agree more. i watched a dvd the other night i bought from the club shop ages ago called Liverpool fc Greatest goals ever -mate i tell you if you have not seen it please do so, as the first goals you see are Emlyn hughes & his goal celebration & sheer delight at scoring are a total joy to watch, one of them was his goal against the toffee's which speaks for itself.

but his Love & enthusiasm for LFC will live long in the memory.

just to say mate that if i'm jealous of anyone to date it has to be my brother,as he met Emlyn whilst on holiday in the caribean, barbados to be exact. it was in 1999 an my brother was in the same hotel as Emlyn, cut along story short- my brother saw him an his wife, kids aswell along with what my brother discovered later on was a type of security guard.  who were playing cards by the poolside.

my brother was saying to his wife, i don't believe it -it's Emlyn Hughes etc etc, she said to my brother don't disturb him he's on holiday- my brother replied p1ss off my brother (me) will neer forgive me if i don't go over an say hello etc. by which time Emlyn & his security guard had already taken bets as to how long it would be till my brother went over to him  :D  he had a great conversation with Emlyn & family etc.

he had a couple of drinks with Emlyn got his autograph for me personalised on a business card -which said  to martin best wishes Emlyn hughes, i will treasure that forever!

my brother says to this day what an honour & privalidge it was to meet him,he was such a warm welcolming person,a great laugh & his only regret was he didn't get a photo with him.

like you say mate, Emlyn hughes total Legend R.I.P
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby redbeergoggles » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:22 am

crazyhorse wrote:Bit of a no brainer since my user name is Crazy Horse!!!

Legend.

RIP Crazyhorse!

Emlyn Hughes passion and zest for the game was infectious ,biggest and brightest personality in football ,close your eyes and you can still see him lifting that European cup like it was yesterday ,that memory personifies the mans enthusiasm and gives meaning to the words "The biggest smile in football"    :D
redbeergoggles
LFC Super Member

Postby Reg » Sat Sep 05, 2009 12:21 pm

The word 'enthusiasm' will forever sum up Emlyn, what a fantastic guy.

Its always puzzled me that his name never became more popular with kids as a result.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Ben Patrick » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:31 pm

I dont get the thread.

Why or how do you compare Hughes to Owen ?

Totally different players and people  ???
Sabre looks like a big lezzer
Ben Patrick

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge