Michael owen - Lost it!

Liverpool Football Club - The Players Lounge

Postby steviec » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:16 pm

It pains me to say it but i think Little Mo (MO--Michael Owen)
has lost the passion to play in that red jersey. Before you all start stabbing me, I hope I'm wrong.  There is hype that he isn't happy with the lack of success at Anfield, and wants to move abroad. Well part of that lack of success is down to him. He is a squad member like some of the other duffers, and if his performance against Marseille is anything to go by, he'll not have many continental clubs queueing up for him. He was sh**e.
Overall last night, the teams inability to retain possession was the reason they blew it. Not enough movement off the ball, allowing Marseille to read the play.
anyone agree?
Save money on expensive binoculars by standing closer to the object you are trying to observe
steviec

Postby RedSi » Fri Mar 12, 2004 12:36 pm

(Apologies in advance for the puerile reply but....)....the only person likely to start stabbing you is Cheesecakery..... :;):
RedSi
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby KennyisGod....still » Fri Mar 12, 2004 5:34 pm

I've been sayin for a while we should maybe cash in on Mickeys value and splash on sum1 that wants to play for us without demanding this and that or else. Then again, is it Michael or his agent doin the demandin? He's spent so much time on the recovery table this season that we've had to learn to play without him, 'cept he was always there in the background....if he went maybe some players would take some more responsibility. Baros looks good, get Cisse in the summer for next season and maybe have that 4th spot too....times could change. Seems inconceivable sellin MO, but then it weren't less of a shock when KK left in '77. We aint a one man team, (unless Gerrards havin an off-day, in which case too often we are!!) we jus need more players to wanna take the shot, make the run and time the header. Bite the bullet, sell Owen and take a fresh start....
Stu Averill, a wannabe Scouse/Scot. I remember the good times & have faith in them comin back

Beside the Hillsborough Flame, I heard a Koppite mournin, "Why so many taken on that day?" Justice has never been done. But their memory we'll carry on. There'll be Glory Round The Fields Of Anfield Road
KennyisGod....still
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby oldredeyes » Fri Mar 12, 2004 7:35 pm

Michael had a poor game last night - but so did most of the team...they were awful!
I've alway been a big fan of the boy, but his body language tells us that all is not well with him at the moment. It might be personal problems which have dragged him down a bit or it could be that he looks at Liverpool and sees a great club in decline due to inneffective management at every level.
I don't know! But I do know that I fully motivated MO is better than almost anything else out there at the moment.
I think we should strive to keep some British players in the squad - people who understand just how important it is for this club to reach the top again and not just see us as a gravy train.
oldredeyes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Owzat » Fri Mar 12, 2004 9:53 pm

Mikey drifted in and out of the game as did Kewell, but Owen played the ball that made the mistake which Gerrard pounced on to set up Baros. IMO only three players had a good game overall last night - Hyypia, Gerrard and Baros - the rest were either inconsistent or anonymous
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC #1 » Sat Mar 20, 2004 10:51 am

MO scored two against pompey and looked one of the best (probably the best) player on the park, hope he can get a bag against wolves as well!  :)
LFC #1
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Starbridge42 » Sun Mar 21, 2004 12:08 pm

I have not been impressed with MO this season.  For the last couple of seasons he has been my favourite player on the park but he really has lost something vital.  He's missed 10 of 23 penaty kicks this season, you normally expect a player with his history of performances to miss maybe 1 or 2 of 23.  I used to smile hugely when he got a penalty kick now I get a feeling of dread.  Someone else needs to take our penalties.
I didn't like Italy, it was like living in a foreign country - Ian Rush
'In most associations half of the committee does all the work while the other half does nothing. I am pleased to report that in this football club it is the reverse.' - Liverpool Echo
Starbridge42
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Location: The land of pixies and and elephants and little green men with purple boogers. Wow I must have eaten

Postby Leonmc0708 » Tue Mar 23, 2004 12:03 pm

The old saying applies here boys, Form is temporary, but calss is permanent.
The lad is p#ssed off, anyone can see that, but he is a red thru and thru.
Cashing in is not an option when hes not playing well.
He is not irreplaceable either. Keegan was replaced by Dalglish, was replaced by Rush, was replaced by Fowler..........
Its areal tough one, but bar Henry and Van Nostrillhair can you show me a better premeirship striker. Dont say Shearer either, he is well into the twilight
JUSTICE FOR THE 96

Leonmc0708
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Paul C » Mon Mar 29, 2004 1:17 pm

I hate to say it but I agree, we should get the cash while we can as Owen has lost his best asset, his pace!
Paul C
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Chinesegirl » Sat Apr 03, 2004 3:34 pm

please treet Michael as a ordinary player .He's not god.He's a man.He's a football player .

In fact ,I think it's better to leave for himself,also for England.

But we can't make sure he can live well without red .i still think red is his best home.
watch match on tv to support LFC now
watch mathc in anfield to support several years later!
i'll study hard for LFC
Chinesegirl

Postby ivor_the_injun » Sat Apr 03, 2004 8:15 pm

I think the main problem for him this season, fitness aside, is that our passing game has been all over the place. Gerrard apart, there's not a single player in our midfield that you'd trust to consistently find his runs. All too often Stevie's been needed to cover for the back four, and when he's back there we're a very ordinary team.

If Kewell can sort his attitude out, Murphy can gain some confidence and Hamman can get back to where he was 2 seasons ago, Owen will have the ammunition to be as deadly as he's ever been. If nobody's getting quality balls to him, or keeping up with him to give him a passing option, he's anonymous in a game. With a good signing for the right of midfield, and maybe better competition within the squad next season from TLT, hopefully our non-Gerrard midfielders can really raise their game and make things happen up front.

And looking at how few goals we've scored elsewhere in the side, it'd be a huge mistake to let him go.
ivor_the_injun

Return to Liverpool FC - The Players Lounge