Tour of anfield - Going today .

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Jul 06, 2009 9:41 pm

Thats some ale gut you got there Igor lad :laugh: Ill tell you what though your lad is the spit out of yeh mouth mate , nice pics though evenif it did take about 10 hours for the picsto load properly, Made up for you an the little fella, Do you know what i feel ashamed though ,ive been going the match for 40 years an never been on that tour to see what it all looks like , might give it a go meself now :nod
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 7_Kewell » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:32 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Do you know what i feel ashamed though ,ive been going the match for 40 years an never been on that tour to see what it all looks like , might give it a go meself now :nod

armchair supporter!  :D
“You cannot transfer the heart and soul of Liverpool Football Club, although I am sure there are many clubs who would like to buy it.”
7_Kewell
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Igor Zidane » Tue Jul 07, 2009 7:23 am

NANNY RED wrote:Thats some ale gut you got there Igor lad :laugh: Ill tell you what though your lad is the spit out of yeh mouth mate , nice pics though evenif it did take about 10 hours for the picsto load properly, Made up for you an the little fella, Do you know what i feel ashamed though ,ive been going the match for 40 years an never been on that tour to see what it all looks like , might give it a go meself now :nod

well earned and payed for that gut nan. :D
UP THE PURPS !!!
https://www.colfc.co.uk/
Igor Zidane
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Dundalk » Tue Jul 07, 2009 5:31 pm

When I went the ex Leeds and Ireland player Gary Kelly was on the tour??

I have some pictures of him ill have a look and post them later
Dundalk
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby redhayesy » Tue Jul 07, 2009 10:46 pm

GRAHAM01 wrote:i went up last year with me lad for his b/day, it was really good getting to look where they sit and what they do before games

the away dressing room is huge up to the home one not sure why? think my lad took about 250 photos whilst we were on the tour, got a bloody pic of everything :D

if i had known you were going i would have told you to get your lad in the 3 seat cross at the front row(rafas seat) as when we went the lad doing the tour asked the girl sat in his seat what she wanted them to do next as she was the boss, it made her day :D

my lad still talks about it now when we go to games he always says i wish we could be sat in those seats again

glad you liked it bud

to answer your question mate, the away dressing room being bigger than ours was shanks idea, his thought process was that a dressing room was just that. it was designed to be a place for just getting changed,hold a more intense team talk,just talk tactics for a short time then get out onto the pitch an let the team do the rest of the talking on the pitch!

the away dressing room aswell has no special flooring ie -non slip.
which ours does have. also it was said that back in the day the away dressing room was cold as it could be, no special treatment etc. shanks totally believed that in trying to make the away dressing room as intimedating as possible would be the first step into what was going to be just the first step to victory.

then once they came onto the pitch the roar of the kop would seal their fate before a ball was even kicked.

the man was a totall genius in his foward planning & tactics & the fact that he wanted the dressing room a small but special area for his players was & is a master stroke. his main thought was you are in this room to get changed into the famous red shirt ,nothing else! get out onto the pitch on my command a.s.a.p. pure brilliance,as many a tactic was already worked out for the team, who they were playing from the 'boot room' that's where the tactics were discussed by shanks & his backroom staff on a day to day, week to week basis.
redhayesy
LFC Super Member

Postby heimdall » Wed Jul 08, 2009 8:23 am

Yepp the tour is really good fun, Anfield is a very special place.
heimdall

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:12 pm

heimdall wrote:Yepp the tour is really good fun, Anfield is a very special place.

HAVE YEH BEEN WALTER :laugh:

Well youve done something that ive not done, so fair play to you
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Wed Jul 08, 2009 9:59 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
heimdall wrote:Yepp the tour is really good fun, Anfield is a very special place.

Yes on hospitality, met the players and everything, jealous???  :wwww
heimdall

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jul 08, 2009 10:34 pm

heimdall wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

Nah ive been in the players lounge loads of times yeh get fed up with it after a while :laugh: just hvnt done the tour of the backrooms.
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Effes » Wed Jul 08, 2009 11:58 pm

Taking my daughter, niece and nephew on the 28th.

Ive been before like, it's decent value.
Matt McQueen - Liverpool 1892-1928.
Only professional to - play in goal (41 appearances), Defence, Midfield, Striker, and later be Director and then to be Manager (winning a Championship) - at one club
Effes
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby heimdall » Thu Jul 09, 2009 7:56 am

NANNY RED wrote:
heimdall wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:

Nah ive been in the players lounge loads of times yeh get fed up with it after a while :laugh: just hvnt done the tour of the backrooms.

You're right, they aren't exactly the most interesting chats after the initial wow factor :-)
The tour is cool though.
heimdall

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion