Anfield tour - Disgrace...or is it?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 2520years » Fri Sep 16, 2005 12:44 pm

Two months ago I booked for 13 people (including some kids) to go on the Anfield tour.  It was booked for 3pm tomorrow (Saturday 17/9).

I've just had a phone call to say that we can't go in the Away dressing room as the ManUre kit man is laying out the kit at 12 noon.  The Away dressing room is standard on the tour because the Liverpool kit is out in the Home one.  As this is a large part of the tour they've cancelled us.  I can't tell you how disappointed we all are.  I asked them to tell the Man U kit man to go later (I can't imagine he's got a hectic schedule) but he'd said he can't.

I don't know whether to be mad at Man U or Liverpool.  Does anyone know who we should blame?  Is there a reason the kitman has to lay the kit out 24 hours before it's worn?  What do I tell the kids?  Please help.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby jonnymac1979 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:22 pm

I wouldn't get that annoyed about it mate, you wont care once you are there.  I walked in, had a nose around for five seconds and walked out.  It's just a bigger version of the home dressing room with less decoration.  By the way, it's bigger because the away team by FA Rules gets to bring an entourage of masseurs, physios, coaches etc....

Just have a nose around the home dressing room, all our kits are laid out all of the time anyway.  It's well better and much more to look at.  You get the sense of history all around you by just being in there......
jonnymac1979

Postby Roger Red Hat » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:27 pm

by the way, I'd be blaming SKY TV. They move games kick off times to suit telly. Blame them bastardios and while your on the phone to the c@nts ask 'em where my compensation is from when they installed my new system and broke a picture frame when the clumbsy twit nudged the telly putting the sky box in.

hmm
Sex, drugs and sausage rolls!
Roger Red Hat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby teamleader1 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:27 pm

Ive been on the tour a number of times m8 and ive never heared anything like it - ive also been the day before a game and have always had the full tour-
the away DR is important as its double the size of ours-Shankleys  idea- it echos and is much less intense for team talks - all part of the history

The staff are top class and Im sure if you let them know your feelings they would try to help out-
We take groups of disabled supporters - LFC never charge us admission and look after us really well cant fault them-

hope you get it sorted m8
teamleader1

Postby 2520years » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:44 pm

Cheers.  I'll email them or write a stern letter, like my dad would.
:)
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby stmichael » Fri Sep 16, 2005 1:47 pm

if all else fails, blame everton. they've spent a lifetime blaming us for everything that's gone wrong at their club. :laugh:
stmichael
Forum Moderator

Postby teamleader1 » Fri Sep 16, 2005 2:08 pm

stmichael wrote:if all else fails, blame everton. they've spent a lifetime blaming us for everything that's gone wrong at their club. :laugh:

Cmon Michael !

Have A Heart
The useless fkers are still in shock over last night

:D
teamleader1

Postby 2520years » Sat Sep 17, 2005 8:57 pm

I've emailed Anfield, but I've not heard anything back.  Hopefully, they'll offer us a free executive box for the rest of the season!

It's a bit rum putting the ManUre kitman before their own fans.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby matrix » Sat Sep 17, 2005 9:10 pm

2520years wrote:I've emailed Anfield, but I've not heard anything back.  Hopefully, they'll offer us a free executive box for the rest of the season!

It's a bit rum putting the ManUre kitman before their own fans.

thats sad mate   lets us know if you get word back  :(    any other team coming and your tour would be as normal...  manureeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee    :angry:

matrix
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:11 pm

Here is the reply...

"I completely sympathise with you and agree.  Sadly the way that LFC is set up, we are continually struggling to balance the provision of tours etc for our loyal fans with the needs of
the professional playing side. This results in tensions between the two, and it seems the needs of the back room staff always win out over those of the paying public. We lost a huge amount of revenue on Saturday, disappointed a
considerable number of fans, all for reasons that were beyond our control, but also were seemingly avoidable. We would have vacated the dressing rooms by 3.30pm, and we believed that would leave enough time to set up. However we were advised that the timings were necessary for the kit men.
Having Manchester United invited to set up even earlier was an unpopular decision indeed.

I can only apologise and say that we tried to do all we could to re-arrange everyone's tours at desperately short notice. I am sure you will draw your own conclusions about the priorities of the Club.

We have made a decision to cancel all tours at 12 noon the day before every game from now on as we feel this situation is unlikely to change.

My sincere apologies for the spoilt day.

Stephen Done
Curator
LFC Museum"

It seems to say that the club treat the fans as low priority.  I don't know what to tell the kids, or whether to bother re-arranging.

Does anyone else think this is shoddy, or am I being too fussy?
:no
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Ola Mr Benitez » Mon Sep 19, 2005 3:40 pm

Its well worth re-arranging and ging another time.  It is a brilliant day, with excellent staff.. and the chance to sit in the Gaffas chair.  Ive been several times and will be boking again soon to take my 7month old son... 

He may be a little young but it means I will be able to book again next year with a valid excuse to the wife!!
Our job is simple, to support the club, not just parts of the club that are easy to support, but every one who plays a part, that includes ALL players.  We are stronger when we are all walking in the same direction. Walk On
Ola Mr Benitez

Postby 2520years » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:39 pm

Great news!  Here's the reply:

"Dear Andrew,

Your complaint to Graham Carter HAS been taken up and a full investigation into the situation has been undertaken by the Stadium Manager Mr Ged Poynton.  He instructed myself on Friday afternoon on behalf of the club to explain the findings.

It appears that the whole problem stemmed from a mis-understanding over timings and the instructions given by and to, the two kit managers. It is normal for our kit manager to gain access to the home dressing room at c14.00pm and the tours use the away dressing room until, 15.00pm sometimes later, depending upon the away kit managers' needs. It seems that the Man Utd Kit manager got the impression he was to arrive at 13.00, and did so, thereby removing this dressing rook from use, and our kit manager, because it was an early k.o. the following day, arrived earlier than expected.. oh dear. This was one of those annoying and frustrating events and we had to react to what was happening.

Moving forward: we have now put a policy into place that no stadium tour will take place after 14.00pm when there is a 15.00 ko the next day - our kit managers agreeing that he could arrive after a 14.00 tour and have sufficient time, and he would advise all away managers of the same.
With early k o times, we would cease all tours 12 hours in advance - ie 12.00 noon the following day etc.

This should tighten up the process and help avoid the deeply frustrating and Distressing situation that you encountered. We again UNRESERVEDLY apologise to you for the distress we caused you, and we can assure you that we have learnt from the experience.

We wish to offer you and your family a FREE Tour of stadium and Museum and also a meal overlooking the pitch in one of the boxes prior to this - all at our expense of course. We cannot offer this on a match day of course and we need to check availability of the lunches the day before and after a match, but I am sure we can find a suitable date. I hope that this will re-ingnite your belief In our club, and give us a chance to show you real hospitality. We could also get "old Big Ears" out of the cabinet for a special viewing..

With very best wishes

Stephen Done
Curator"

He's a good lad that Stephen Done!

:)
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby andy_g » Wed Oct 19, 2005 12:46 pm

result!! nice one lfc :)

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Woollyback » Wed Oct 19, 2005 1:08 pm

that's cool, its nice to know the club still values the fans as supporters and not just disposable cash-cows :cool:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Wed Oct 19, 2005 2:32 pm

Yeah, it wouldn't happen at ManUre, they'd probably try to sell me another shirt!
My earliest memory.
2520years

Next

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion