Anfield tour - Disgrace...or is it?

Liverpool Football Club - General Discussion

Postby 2520years » Thu Dec 08, 2005 1:55 pm

Going on the tour tomorrow, can't wait!  They might even get old big ears out for us for some photo opportunities!

:)
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby MilitiaRusher » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:25 pm

Remember, I'll be waiting for the photos :p
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby AussieKopite » Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:30 pm

2520years wrote:Great news!  Here's the reply:

"Dear Andrew,

Your complaint to Graham Carter HAS been taken up and a full investigation into the situation has been undertaken by the Stadium Manager Mr Ged Poynton.  He instructed myself on Friday afternoon on behalf of the club to explain the findings.

It appears that the whole problem stemmed from a mis-understanding over timings and the instructions given by and to, the two kit managers. It is normal for our kit manager to gain access to the home dressing room at c14.00pm and the tours use the away dressing room until, 15.00pm sometimes later, depending upon the away kit managers' needs. It seems that the Man Utd Kit manager got the impression he was to arrive at 13.00, and did so, thereby removing this dressing rook from use, and our kit manager, because it was an early k.o. the following day, arrived earlier than expected.. oh dear. This was one of those annoying and frustrating events and we had to react to what was happening.

Moving forward: we have now put a policy into place that no stadium tour will take place after 14.00pm when there is a 15.00 ko the next day - our kit managers agreeing that he could arrive after a 14.00 tour and have sufficient time, and he would advise all away managers of the same.
With early k o times, we would cease all tours 12 hours in advance - ie 12.00 noon the following day etc.

This should tighten up the process and help avoid the deeply frustrating and Distressing situation that you encountered. We again UNRESERVEDLY apologise to you for the distress we caused you, and we can assure you that we have learnt from the experience.

We wish to offer you and your family a FREE Tour of stadium and Museum and also a meal overlooking the pitch in one of the boxes prior to this - all at our expense of course. We cannot offer this on a match day of course and we need to check availability of the lunches the day before and after a match, but I am sure we can find a suitable date. I hope that this will re-ingnite your belief In our club, and give us a chance to show you real hospitality. We could also get "old Big Ears" out of the cabinet for a special viewing..

With very best wishes

Stephen Done
Curator"

He's a good lad that Stephen Done!

:)

Your family eh?

Hello daddy!!!  :laugh:
You'll never walk alone.

Twitter: @AussieKopite
AussieKopite
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Fri Dec 09, 2005 11:00 am

:D

I've already gained a second daughter for the day!  (The best thing is her step-Dad supports City and her mum supports ManUre. You've got to admire her taste.)
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby primodua » Fri Dec 09, 2005 3:10 pm

i gotta ask you guys how do i book for the stadium tour? I've never been to anfield or the UK before (shame).
Anfield is MY ULTIMATE vacation/trip.
Can anyone guide me as I'll be coming from Holland?

eat liverpool, drink liverpool, sleep liverpool
primodua

Postby 2520years » Fri Dec 09, 2005 8:56 pm

We got a meal in the Royal and Sun Alliance suite.  It was us four and no-one else for a five-course meal.  Then we did the shop museum and tour.

Then the best bit was when they got ol' big ears out for us.  Ciggy was right when she said it was heavy!
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby 2520years » Fri Dec 09, 2005 9:13 pm

I've been trying to upload a picture or two from the day.  I browsed for the file on my C:/ drive and tried to insert it into my post but it isn't appearing.

Does anyone know why?
I noticed dynamic image posting is disabled, but I don't know if that's relevant.  I tried to upload one as an avatar but I got an error message that it was too big.
Can anyone help?

:down:
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby 2520years » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:19 am

BTW One thing I learnt in the museum was which (deceased) ManUre legend played for Liverpool...do you know?

Matt Busby.  I think I'll store that away for winding up ManUre fans.
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby MilitiaRusher » Sat Dec 10, 2005 4:06 am

2520years wrote:I've been trying to upload a picture or two from the day.  I browsed for the file on my C:/ drive and tried to insert it into my post but it isn't appearing.

Does anyone know why?
I noticed dynamic image posting is disabled, but I don't know if that's relevant.  I tried to upload one as an avatar but I got an error message that it was too big.
Can anyone help?

:down:

Yea you should upload your photos in an image hosting site and then pasting the url using the "Image" function when you reply.
MilitiaRusher
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:02 am

Cheers Militia.  Can anyone suggest an image hosting site that's easy to use?
My earliest memory.
2520years

Postby Woollyback » Sat Dec 10, 2005 11:58 am

Imageshack

Piece of p!ss to use mate :cool:
b*ll*c*ks and s*i*e
Woollyback
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby 2520years » Sat Dec 10, 2005 12:50 pm

[url=[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/url]And Liverpool's captain lifts the trophy and the crowd go wild!
[url=[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/url]A bit of VIP treatment...that's our name on the board but you'll have to take my word for it.
[url=[URL=http://imageshack.us]Image[/url]I hope Royal and Sun Alliance don't want this suite back when we've finished.

I've got to say that we treated very well, and Stephen Done has my eternal gratitude for a great day.  Holding the REAL Champions League trophy is something my family will never forget, especially when I think of the great footballers over the years that didn't manage it!

All I need to do now if find £105k for an executive suite and a way to skip the seven year waiting list...

:help    :D
My earliest memory.
2520years

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion