Quick quezzie to help pass the time

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Reg » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:34 pm

Who did the right thing.......

LFC selling Robbie Keane, taking the loss and stopping the bleeding but exposing a lack of strike partner for Torres... or...

ManUre paying 30 million for Berbatov who has had an awful season and in no way repaid his transfer fee nor wages and continues to bleed the club in interest payments on the price and weekly wages - but acts as a back up for Rooney etc..

Personally..... ahhhhh.... we probably did the right thing selling Keane but if Torres had been long term injured without Kuyt and Benny coming good am sure i would have said teh opposite.
Last edited by Reg on Wed Apr 29, 2009 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JC_81 » Wed Apr 29, 2009 7:51 pm

The Berbatov one is interesting.

I feel that overall he has played more games than he has deserved.  I think United looked a better outfit with Rooney/Tevez/Ronaldo as their attack last season.  Berbatov has upset the balance and they are most likely going to lose Tevez now, who I think is the better player.

That said, Berbatov did chip in with several important goals to win them points in the first half of the season.

20 mil for Keane was a bad deal for us, Berbatov for 30 mil was a bad deal for United imo.  However if he scores the winner for them in the CL final who's to say it was a bad deal?
JC_81
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby yolz » Tue May 12, 2009 5:32 am

The Keanegate fiasco was regretable
But I feel that selling him was the right thing to do
On the other hand, I don't think Manucs seem to have made a worse deal in Berbatov
While he may be struggling with his form, he did pop in a few crucial goals in the beginning
If he hadn't scored, we might have nicked the title already!
Besides, his style of play is a direct opposite of the forwards that Manucs possess, and that IMO provides more options
The only True Reds in england...........
yolz

Postby Judge » Tue May 12, 2009 7:55 am

john craig wrote:The Berbatov one is interesting.

I feel that overall he has played more games than he has deserved.  I think United looked a better outfit with Rooney/Tevez/Ronaldo as their attack last season.  Berbatov has upset the balance and they are most likely going to lose Tevez now, who I think is the better player.

That said, Berbatov did chip in with several important goals to win them points in the first half of the season.

20 mil for Keane was a bad deal for us, Berbatov for 30 mil was a bad deal for United imo.  However if he scores the winner for them in the CL final who's to say it was a bad deal?

agreed jihn. if berbatov does indeed score the cl winner then the 30 mill they paid would be the half the amount of the 60 mill they'll get for winning

not a bad return at 2-1
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Premiership - General Discussion