Ricky hatton - The big fight

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby destro » Tue Jun 26, 2007 8:10 pm

Its true that Mayweather is very elusive around the ring and due to his speed and movement he can out-fox most opponents, the BIG problem for "The Pretty Boy" is this, Hatton would eventually catch him with a body shot and it is a lot harder to be so fluent in your movement when you are struggling to get your breath back
destro

Postby destro » Wed Jun 27, 2007 8:26 pm

Floyd Mayweather has said that he is ready to come out of retirement to silence Ricky Hatton after the Manchester fighter called him out after defeating Jose Luis Castillo at the weekend.

Mayweather's last fight was supposedly in May when he scored a points victory over the legendary Oscar de la Hoya, but Hatton's claims of superiority, coupled with the prospect of another lucrative payday, seem poised to tempt the middleweight king back into the sport.

"I was retired, but I'll sign to fight Hatton right now," said the American.

"Ricky Hatton cannot fight. He cannot box. He throws one punch at a time and then holds. There is no skill to what he does in the ring.

"I've tried to let the things he said about me slide by but now he's 'dissing' me on national TV and I want to shut him up."

Hatton's fourth-round knockout of Castillo finally captured the attention of the boxing press stateside after workmanlike wins over Juan Urango and Luis Collazo had failed to register much of an impact.

Although undefeated, Mayweather required the judges' scorecards to gain victory in two bouts against Castillo in 2002.

But if he was impressed by Hatton's rapid dispatch of the Mexican, then the 30-year-old was determined to hide the fact.

"Ricky Hatton is the most over-rated fighter of the last 25 years. He beat an old Kostya Tszyu and he beat an old Castillo who was shot," he said.

"I beat Castillo twice and the first time I did it with one hand because the other was so messed up. That was five years ago when Castillo was in his prime."

Mayweather's advisor Leonard Ellerbe has even suggested that a deal for the pair to meet could be tied up in the next few weeks

I would LOVE this fight to happen just so i can see Hatton wipe that smirk of that clowns face, but as usual it is just Mayweather shouting his mouth off, he needs to stop running and get this fight on. That way he can be retired for good instead of just pretending to.
destro

Postby cooksie » Thu Jun 28, 2007 4:16 pm

Hatton = TOTAL ledge. What a punch against Castillo. He's a true boxing great - pity he spends time chilling with Wayne Rooney, don't reckon they'd do very well in a game of trivial pursuit.
cooksie

Postby Ace Ventura » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:50 pm

CANT F'CKIN WAIT !!!

Hatton seals bout with Mayweather 

The bout against Mayweather will be the biggest of Hatton's career
The "super-fight" between Ricky Hatton and Floyd Mayweather will go ahead on 8 December after contracts were signed, according to Hatton's father Ray.
Hatton, who will step up a division from light welterweight for the fight, will receive a career-best purse.

"The contract provided what we wanted and we are officially signed up," said Ray, "and our lawyers have told us that the Mayweather camp have also signed.

"Now we are just waiting for the date and venue to be made official."

Interview: Ricky Hatton's father Ray Hatton
Interview: Ricky Hatton's lawyer Gareth Williams
Interview: Ricky Hatton's trainer Billy Graham

The MGM Grand in Las Vegas is favourite to host the contest, where Hatton could expect a travelling support in excess of the 10,000 who saw him beat Jose Luis Castillo in the city in June.

606: DEBATE
This is Ricky's chance to silence the doubters

englandmad666

The fight will be billed as "Undefeated", and Ray Hatton says victory for his son would represent the greatest achievement in boxing history.

"Ricky is not only fighting the fella on his own turf - Las Vegas - but he is fighting at the time the best pound-for-pound fighter on the planet," he told BBC Sport.

"If he could do it, it would be the biggest achievement in boxing, going down whatever years you want to go down."

Mayweather came out of a short-lived retirement to take the fight, which will be promoted by Oscar De La Hoya's Golden Boy, and has already begun the hype.

He said: "I don't know who is the pound-for-pound number two in the world, but there is no fighter in the world like me.

Hatton (left) was outstanding in his victory over Castillo last month

"Hatton is in for a rude awakening when we meet and he is in for a shock if he thinks I'm like any fighter he has ever faced. I'm in the business of blood, sweat and tears."

However, Hatton's trainer Billy Graham says his fighter will have no difficulties in moving up from his natural division, despite struggling to victory in his only fight at that weight of his career against Luis Collazo.

"The fight against Collazo was taken reluctantly and without proper time to prepare," Graham told BBC Sport, "but this time we have plenty of notice.

"We will do things differently and it won't be a problem at all.

"Ricky set out to be the undisputed champion of the world and he did that, and did it against a living legend in Kostya Tszyu.

"But this fight, between the best pound-for-pound fighters out there, both at their peak, is the ultimate fight in boxing."

The welterweight division requires fighters to weigh in between 141 and 147 lbs, while the light welterweight classification is 136 to 140 lbs.

Floyd is a great fighter but if he thinks I'm going to turn up and just lie back and take what he has got to dish out then he has got another thing coming

Ricky Hatton

Hatton has fought in the welterweight division on numerous occasions, but his last two fights - against Juan Urango and Jose Luis Castillo - have both been at the lighter weight.

Mayweather has also fought at different weights, stepping up to light middleweight for his most recent bout against Oscar de la Hoya.

"I've always said Ricky wasn't a welterweight and I wasn't interested in going back up to that division unless it was [against] Floyd because he's not such a big guy," added Graham.

"I don't think Floyd's any bigger than Ricky, whereas a lot of the welterweights are."

Hatton has admitted that a fight with Mayweather would be the highlight of his glittering career.

"Just getting in the ring with him will be the greatest day of my life, other than when my son was born," Hatton told the Daily Express last week. "Floyd is the one I want more than anybody else.

"Floyd is a great fighter but if he thinks I'm going to turn up and just lie back and take what he has got to dish out then he has got another thing coming."

Now we will see whether Mayweather can withstand constant pressure. Wish this was sooner than December though.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby red37 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 1:59 pm

Mouthwatering fight this! - Bring it on. Im going to lay my card on the table here. Hatton will DO this PBF malarky out the window once and for all. Mayweather scraped through against La Hoya and will come up against a totally different wall of hurt against the 'Hitman'  :nod

TITANS of HOPE
red37
LFC Guru Member

Postby Fowler_E7 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:00 pm

i think Hatton would have a decent chance at Light welterweight, but moving up a divison i dont think he will be able to cope with maywhether
Fowler_E7
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Thu Aug 02, 2007 9:13 pm

Mayweather is in a whole different league, absolute class act, hes outclassed better than Hatton.
I dont agree either Ace that he has handpicked his opponents?
How can you say that about the exceptional Roy Jones Junior too? ???? ?????? :O

I like Hatton, he will be a hard rock to shift for any fighter...
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby burjennio » Fri Aug 03, 2007 10:44 am

i think de la hoya proved that Meatherweather doesn't like pressure, unfortunately for Oscar, he just didn't have the gas to carry him 12 rounds at the early pace he set, a problem I don't see happening for Hatton if he trains correctly
burjennio

Postby CardinalRed » Fri Aug 03, 2007 12:01 pm

I reckon this fight will be an Epiphany for Hatton...... He will make the transition up a weight quite easily, have you seen how much he puts on and then has to lose each time he fights?
Ricky will make the transition to Boxing's all-time greats (if he isn't practically already) when he wipes the grin off the Pretty Boy's face.....
                                                                  :cool:
CardinalRed
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Mikz » Fri Aug 03, 2007 4:27 pm

AND THEN
               He'll wake up and have his cornflakes  :D
'' Gary lineker may well have scored 5 goals in 5 minutes , but i think you have to say, what else did he do '' ...Jimmy Hill
Mikz
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:00 pm

Its about time this fight happened, Mayweather has been shouting his big mouth off for too long now its time for him to step up and back up his words.

There is no questioning the guys boxing ability, but he is by no means unbeatable , I said earlier in this thread that he will use his superior hand speed and try to out box Hatton but lets see how quick he is around the ring once Hatton catches him (and he will).

Mayweather would IMO win on points purely because he will land more punches in the earlier rounds, but I don't expect it to go the distance.

My prediction, Mayweather to take the first couple of rounds, Hatton to hurt him in the 6th finish him in the 7th and retire him permanently
destro

Postby dawson99 » Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:13 pm

Cant wait for this match. already booked time off work and getting sky. gonna be an immense poker/boxing/naughtiness night!!!

hatten could win it but the raise in level for him was almost too much last time and mayweather isnt the dumbest boxer ever.

Hatton will go off faves with the bookies purely due to the volume of bets we will take on hatton, meanwhile altho id love hatton to win i'll be backing mayweather if the value is there.
Last edited by dawson99 on Fri Aug 03, 2007 9:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
0118 999 881 999 119 7253
dawson99
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby NiftyNeil » Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:30 pm

I'm buzzin about this one. Luckily I was already going to Vegas from 2 Dec to 9th Dec. Flights have now gone up to over a grand. I'm also staying at the MGM and it's rumoured to be there. I just need fight tickets now - which shouldn't be hard.
NiftyNeil
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Aug 04, 2007 11:23 pm

Manhattan predicts a Mayweather victory.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to General Chat Forum