Ricky hatton - The big fight

Please use this forum for general Non-Football related chat

Postby puroresu » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:39 pm

I am one of Hatton's biggest fans.  I was saying he was gonna be a superstar years ago when people were doubting him. but when it comes to Floyd Mayweather I do not think Hatton can win the fight.  Plus Hatton would probably have to move up so that would go against him.

Cotto is a better fight for Hatton as his style would suit Hatton down to a tee.  Cotto gets hit a lot and I dont think he could handle Hatton's Power.
puroresu

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:45 pm

If he doesn't fight the best now he never will, I bet him to fight Mayweather and give him a bloody good run for his money, but to write him off is just silly, he's a top fighter.
LFC2007

Postby kunilson » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:52 pm

any1 know where i can watch a replay of the fight?
kunilson
LFC Super Member

Postby NANNY RED » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:01 pm

OK then what about Shane mosley or Malignaggi  as long as he doesnt give that big mouth Witter a shot not even in same class
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby destro » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:12 pm

Hatton would destroy Mayweather, and thats why you wont see him fight him and the reason why Mayweather would prefer to go up a division , purely to avoid Hatton ( retirement my a.rse )

Mayweather likes to hug the ropes and invite body shots always leaning back and hoping to use his hand speed and movement  to counter, Hatton is IMO  THE best body puncher around and Mayweather would have to change his fighting style to have any chance. I will bet anyone who is willing to that IF by some miracle Mayweather is stupid enough to fight Hatton, that he will lose and lose badly, he wouldnt last more than a couple of rounds of sustaining body shots off Hatton as good as he is
destro

Postby LFC2007 » Mon Jun 25, 2007 10:14 pm

Hear hear Destro!  :buttrock
LFC2007

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:17 pm

LFC2007 wrote:
puroresu wrote:I saw the fight Live on Setanta and Hatton looked great but Mayweather will be too good for him.  Hatton is like a bull and I admire his style fighting on the inside but against mayweather he would get hit too easily.  Mayweather's hands are very quick and his combinations can be out of this world.

Mayweather is the real deal.

Is there anything else British that you want to dismiss?

Hatton has quick hands, Hatton has more steely determination, Hatton is the real deal. Mayweather is too far up his own backside to beat Hatton.

Have you cottoned onto it now as well mate.

I've been saying it for ages about puroresu, snide comments virtually every thread, that ooze contempt for our country and english players in general, while always bigging up foreign players, foreign leagues and the players in them.

The Hatton thing is just another of his anti-english taunts.

Like Destro and yourself i think Hatton would give the very negative and careful Mayweather the shock of his life.
He would be pumped up like he was for kosta Tsyzu and Castillo and would not allow Mayweather to wander round and waste 2 minutes of every round (which he does in almost every fight)
Would love to see Mayweather but think he is too clever to take the fight, like Roy Jones did before him, he has handpicked his way through divisions with uninspiring fights to create a false reputation as an untouchable.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:27 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:
puroresu wrote:I saw the fight Live on Setanta and Hatton looked great but Mayweather will be too good for him.  Hatton is like a bull and I admire his style fighting on the inside but against mayweather he would get hit too easily.  Mayweather's hands are very quick and his combinations can be out of this world.

Mayweather is the real deal.

Is there anything else British that you want to dismiss?

Hatton has quick hands, Hatton has more steely determination, Hatton is the real deal. Mayweather is too far up his own backside to beat Hatton.

Have you cottoned onto it now as well mate.

I've been saying it for ages about puroresu, snide comments virtually every thread, that ooze contempt for our country and english players in general, while always bigging up foreign players, foreign leagues and the players in them.

The Hatton thing is just another of his anti-english taunts.

Like Destro and yourself i think Hatton would give the very negative and careful Mayweather the shock of his life.
He would be pumped up like he was for kosta Tsyzu and Castillo and would not allow Mayweather to wander round and waste 2 minutes of every round (which he does in almost every fight)
Would love to see Mayweather but think he is too clever to take the fight, like Roy Jones did before him, he has handpicked his way through divisions with uninspiring fights to create a false reputation as an untouchable.

wrong.  My favourite boxer ever is Lennox Lewis u idiot.  Nigel Benn also another one of my favs.  I love watching Hatton fight but just because I think PBF would be to skilled for him I am somehow being anti English.  Get a fcuking life. 

I dont give a damn if Hatton was from tinbuckto. My opinion on a fight v PBF would be the same.

"Hatton has more steely determination"

Gatti had more heart then any boxer I have seen yet PBF destroyed him.  He killed him as the style that Gatti wanted which was to get on the inside didnt work as PBF was just to good at counter punching.  PBF while not the most exciting is technically one of the most skilled boxers ever.  Back him up against the ropes, it dont matter as he has unbelivable balance and footwork.

Oh and Roy Jones didnt handpick his opponents.  He fought everyone out there at the time but was just too good them.

Mayweather is a multi weight champion who has done the near impossible in moving up so many divisions.  Handpicked opponents? Lets see.

PBF has beaten Oscar De La Hoya
PBF has beaten Zab Judah
PBF has beaten Sharmba Mitchell
PBF has beaten Arturo Gatti
PBF has beaten Castillo twice
PBF has beaten Diego Corrales
PBF has beaten Angel Manfredy

Mayweather hasnt ducked anyone.  Is Hatton's record better?

Listen u mug I would pick Hatton over Cotto, over De La Hoya, over Shane Mosley, over Zab Judah. Over Casaymayor, over Margarito.  Just the one guy I dont think he could beat is PBF.  By no means would it be an easy fight for PBF as Hatton really has mastered the clinch but I would give it to PBF by decision.
puroresu

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Jun 26, 2007 12:59 pm

I am in work so cant really reply properly, but will later.

EVERY ONE of these multiweight champions have moved up fighting fights that they were obviously going to be too quick, but hardly every actuallt entertaining. Running the whole fight with regards to Mayweather...some great names there, not too many spectacular performances by any means though. Castillo took him to points twice, we saw what Hatton did to him.
Gatti was always a fight that was going to be an obvious victory, he may walk forward like Hatton, but he is nowhere near as physically strong and predicatbly got picked off as he couldnt close the ring down.
Sharmba Mitchell was miles overhyped and destroyed by Tszyu easily when Kosta had been out of the ring for ages. We then ween what happened to Kosta in his fight with Ricky....although people said he was washed up...he wasnt the fight previously when he destroyed Mitchell.

My anti-english statement was not made based on your views on boxers anyway, more to do with the constant Malouda's worth 17 million and if LFC want him they should pay the asking price type quotes, your quotes are almost as if you would like our club to get shafted.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Big Niall » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:23 pm

I've never seen mayweather fight but read that he is more a silky mover than a toe to toe fighter which could prove trouble for Hatton.

Moving up in weight is always tough as then you are fighting a bigger guy. Is there any really top fighter in Hattons weight that he can fight.

I miss the days of ITV boxing when Benn,Eubank, Collins & Watson were all in classic fights.
Big Niall
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:I am in work so cant really reply properly, but will later.

EVERY ONE of these multiweight champions have moved up fighting fights that they were obviously going to be too quick, but hardly every actuallt entertaining. Running the whole fight with regards to Mayweather...some great names there, not too many spectacular performances by any means though. Castillo took him to points twice, we saw what Hatton did to him.
Gatti was always a fight that was going to be an obvious victory, he may walk forward like Hatton, but he is nowhere near as physically strong and predicatbly got picked off as he couldnt close the ring down.
Sharmba Mitchell was miles overhyped and destroyed by Tszyu easily when Kosta had been out of the ring for ages. We then ween what happened to Kosta in his fight with Ricky....although people said he was washed up...he wasnt the fight previously when he destroyed Mitchell.

My anti-english statement was not made based on your views on boxers anyway, more to do with the constant Malouda's worth 17 million and if LFC want him they should pay the asking price type quotes, your quotes are almost as if you would like our club to get shafted.

The Castillo Hatton faced is nowhere near the same castillo mayweather faced in 2002.  Im not taking anything away from Hattons performance and win as it was fantatsic but u cannot compare the castillo of today to the one in 2002. 
Like I said before PBF isnt the most exciting but in terms of technical skill there is no-one better.

Big Niall Mayweather is very silky.  His conditioning amazing.  His footwork and balance are off the charts and he has a super defence.  No-one is unbeatable but pound for pound PBF is #1 in the world.

My quotes on malouda was merely stating the fact that we would not get him on the cheap just like we wont get torres on the cheap.  Like we didnt get alves on the cheap.  I dont believe the "we are LFC and clubs should have to meet our terms" when we approcah them to buy a player.
puroresu

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:41 pm

PBF ? Does that stand for pretty boy floyd ?

If it does and you are actually writing it, then its even more annoying than when you call Ronaldinho, dinho....as if he is your mate  :D
You actually said Liverpool wont get Malouda for 17 million, and nor should they. Indicating that our club is trying to get him for below his actual value, and the way your post read to me, it was as if it would bother you if LFC didnt pay Lyon the overinflated fee.

Back to Hatton, its easy to say Castillo wasnt the same fighter, he was obviously 5 years older, but lets be honest, Hatton bullied an experienced fighter, put him down and stopped him, when no other boxer had.
Gatti when Mayweather fought him was supposedly past his best after being in so many tough wars, but still you named his scalp as a major one.

PBF  :laugh:  Might infact prove too quick for Ricky if they fight, i just dont see it, i think Hatton would slow him down and pressure him like no other boxer has previously.
Last edited by Ace Ventura on Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby puroresu » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:04 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:PBF ? Does that stand for pretty boy floyd ?

If it does and you are actually writing it, then its even more annoying than when you call Ronaldinho, dinho....as if he is your mate  :D
You actually said Liverpool wont get Malouda for 17 million, and nor should they. Indicating that our club is trying to get him for below his actual value, and the way your post read to me, it was as if it would bother you if LFC didnt pay Lyon the overinflated fee.

Back to Hatton, its easy to say Castillo wasnt the same fighter, he was obviously 5 years older, but lets be honest, Hatton bullied an experienced fighter, put him down and stopped him, when no other boxer had.
Gatti when Mayweather fought him was supposedly past his best after being in so many tough wars, but still you named his scalp as a major one.

PBF  :laugh:  Might infact prove too quick for Ricky if they fight, i just dont see it, i think Hatton would slow him down and pressure him like no other boxer has previously.

Not being funny but PBF has been used since Mayweather first came on the scene.  Damn boxing writers have been using it for years.

In your opinion Malouda is overvalued for by Lyon.  In my opinion he is not due to what else has happened in the market.  I dont see why its such a big deal that my valuation of a player differs from yours.  What bothered me with the Malouda deal was I thought we were looking to get him for £10 mil which to me was way to cheap and an offer Lyon would never accept or even negotiate on.  Just like last year i thought we tried to get Danni Alvez with a cheap offer.

Gatti was past his best when PBF fought him but it was a fight the public wanted and PBF got in the ring with him. Also he had to fight Gatti as Gatti was the champion.

Hatton will try and put PBF under a whole heap of pressure, that i have no doubt about.  I just feel Mayweather has the conditioning and legs to keep circling and not allow Hatton to cut off the ring.
puroresu

Postby Ace Ventura » Tue Jun 26, 2007 3:07 pm

puroresu wrote:In your opinion Malouda is overvalued for by Lyon.  In my opinion he is not due to what else has happened in the market.  I dont see why its such a big deal that my valuation of a player differs from yours.  What bothered me with the Malouda deal was I thought we were looking to get him for £10 mil which to me was way to cheap and an offer Lyon would never accept or even negotiate on.  Just like last year i thought we tried to get Danni Alvez with a cheap offer.

Why should that bother you ?

If you are a Liverpool supporter you should think, lets hope we can get Malouda for as cheap as possible saving extra money for other players.

But you seem to care more about other things than our club.

Just because Lyon have raped other clubs doesnt mean that we should also pay whatever price there chairman quotes....there are other players out there, maybe 10 million was cheap, 17 million imo is too expensive. 12 would be fair enough.

ALLLRIGHTY THEN !!
Ace Ventura
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Tue Jun 26, 2007 7:23 pm

Ace Ventura wrote:Have you cottoned onto it now as well mate.

Believe me I've cottoned onto it mate!
LFC2007

PreviousNext

Return to General Chat Forum