Kuyt - Feyenoord
Keane - Ireland and Spurs
Mash - Argentina
Hyypia - Finland and Liverpool
Benayoun - Isreal
Torres - Atletico
Lucas - Brazil under-20
Reina and Alonso are also good leaders.

so they are leaders for their respective countries but are they good leaders for Liverpool or do they feel kinda overshadowed by our local pair? i think Keane is a very good leader. he seems really genuine.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby aCe' » Mon Nov 03, 2008 6:05 am

Mascherano actually turned down Maradonas offer of becoming Argentina captain...
"We had a short chat and he said: 'I want you to be the captain of my team, so get ready'," Mascherano said in the News of the World.

"He didn’t get the answer he was expecting. I am sorry for that but I told him the truth and that is that I don’t feel I can be the captain."

Mascherano's decision will come as a surprise to many. He has always been spoken of in glowing terms by his team-mates and his coaches, and his on-field presence is formidable.

However, the ex-River Plate man said: "I don’t have so much personality inside the dressing room. I can put all my energy and strength on to the pitch and maybe can show the way to some of my team-mates. But off the pitch I am not the same. A captain has to be born to the role."

Some pundits may view this as an ominous beginning to Maradona's tenure, but Mascherano added: "Diego is a very good person and I hope that he doesn’t get offended with my decision.

"I just don’t feel that I’m right for it. A leader is someone that everyone listens to and that doesn’t happen to me because I don’t talk so much in the dressing room. I hope he will understand."

??? ??? ??? ??? ???
aCe'
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:50 pm

so that just means he probably feels his actions speaks louder than words. or perhaps with the added responsibility as a captain, it might effect his performances.
maypaxvobiscum

Postby Jimmy the Weasel » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:36 pm

maypaxvobiscum wrote:so that just means he probably feels his actions speaks louder than words. or perhaps with the added responsibility as a captain, it might effect his performances.

Do you think he really said that? Or just repeatedly told Maradona to "f*ck off".... "f*ck off"..."f*ck off"!!
Jimmy the Weasel

Postby maypaxvobiscum » Mon Nov 03, 2008 3:38 pm

Jimmy the Weasel wrote:
maypaxvobiscum wrote:so that just means he probably feels his actions speaks louder than words. or perhaps with the added responsibility as a captain, it might effect his performances.

Do you think he really said that? Or just repeatedly told Maradona to "f*ck off".... "f*ck off"..."f*ck off"!!

:laugh:  :laugh:
maypaxvobiscum

Previous

Return to Liverpool FC - General Discussion