Ronaldinho - Surprised  lfc is not mentioned

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby John Kegs » Wed Jul 16, 2008 2:30 pm

AC milan bound then

poor fitness, poor attitude, but saying that I wouldn't have minded seeing him here! One of the best in the world when he's up for it, could still do a great job for any team
John Kegs

Postby liado » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:46 pm

mistyred wrote:
Bamaga man wrote:What is it with fat Brazillians, South Americans and football ?

They love to have a good time  :nod But go a bit overboard.

that's it.But talent is there by a mile(or two).
liado

Postby club_Levis » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:40 pm

Reg wrote:I dont like his attitude, woulnt touch him with a 10 yard barge pole.

Source espn.!!!!

MILAN, July 17 (Reuters) - Ronaldinho's arrival at AC Milan has led to a huge surge in season ticket sales and hits on the club's official website.

The Brazil forward, who has signed from Barcelona, will be formally unveiled to press and fans at a special party at the San Siro from 1830 GMT on Thursday.

The official website reported that it had received more than 10 times the average daily volume of visitors since news of the 28-year-old's transfer.

On Wednesday, when Ronaldinho arrived in Milan, Rossoneri fans snapped up 5,230 season tickets out of a total of 18,518 sold during the whole of the close-season subscription period.

Supporters were unable to buy season tickets on Thursday though after Milan said there was a technical problem.

The club, who finished a disappointing fifth in Serie A last season, did not say if the glitch was because of the high demand.

...................................................................................

Exactly what I meant. A huge marketing tool that we desperately need but thanks to management and some fans here we didnt even attempt a bid focussing on the likes of barry.

:(
club_Levis

Postby mistyred » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:01 pm

club_Levis wrote:
Reg wrote:I dont like his attitude, woulnt touch him with a 10 yard barge pole.

Source espn.!!!!

MILAN, July 17 (Reuters) - Ronaldinho's arrival at AC Milan has led to a huge surge in season ticket sales and hits on the club's official website.

The Brazil forward, who has signed from Barcelona, will be formally unveiled to press and fans at a special party at the San Siro from 1830 GMT on Thursday.

The official website reported that it had received more than 10 times the average daily volume of visitors since news of the 28-year-old's transfer.

On Wednesday, when Ronaldinho arrived in Milan, Rossoneri fans snapped up 5,230 season tickets out of a total of 18,518 sold during the whole of the close-season subscription period.

Supporters were unable to buy season tickets on Thursday though after Milan said there was a technical problem.

The club, who finished a disappointing fifth in Serie A last season, did not say if the glitch was because of the high demand.

...................................................................................

Exactly what I meant. A huge marketing tool that we desperately need but thanks to management and some fans here we didnt even attempt a bid focussing on the likes of barry.

As i said before not even a gamble.
ImageImageImage
mistyred
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Bad Bob » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:25 pm

club_Levis wrote:but thanks to management and some fans here we didnt even attempt a bid focussing on the likes of barry.

I had no idea we had that kind of power! :D  In that case, Rafa/Parry/Hicks/Gillett let's:

1) Keep Alonso and walk away from Barry
2) Bring in Aguerro or Arshavin to play behind Torres
3) Sign Schweinsteiger for RM
4) Sign Santa Cruz to replace Crouch
4) F.uck Voronin off and promote Nemeth, Pacheco or both to the squad as needed

Sorted. :nod
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby Reg » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:22 pm

Today´s Spanish papers reported a half hearted farewell to Ronaldinho from Barcelona. `He has lost interest in winning´.

I couldnt stand having a prima donna in the team and not prepared to gut himself to win.  Rafa´s bought a few lemons and I think he kept well away from his lad for good reasons.

EDIT: Oh yes, forgot to mention, we only got a little 44,000 stadium , I dont think selling season tickets is an issue.
Reg
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:08 pm

Quite a small fee I think when you consider how good he was two or three years ago, and he's only 28. With a bit of discipline, there's no reason why he can't return to being one of the best players in the world.
LFC2007

Postby JamCar05 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:26 pm

LFC2007 wrote:Quite a small fee I think when you consider how good he was two or three years ago, and he's only 28. With a bit of discipline, there's no reason why he can't return to being one of the best players in the world.

I hope he does, as he was a joy to watch when on top of his game. Really would like to see the old Dinho again, as long as it wasn't against us (which it can't be next year, as Milan are only in the UEFA cup).
JamCar05

Postby Almighty Red » Fri Jul 18, 2008 6:07 pm

JamCar05 wrote:
LFC2007 wrote:Quite a small fee I think when you consider how good he was two or three years ago, and he's only 28. With a bit of discipline, there's no reason why he can't return to being one of the best players in the world.

I hope he does, as he was a joy to watch when on top of his game. Really would like to see the old Dinho again, as long as it wasn't against us (which it can't be next year, as Milan are only in the UEFA cup).

Well, actually... it could still be against us. But even I'm not that much of a pessimist...
Almighty Red

Postby Number 9 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:02 pm

I dont think so mate! :no
Im glad he's not coming anywhere near LFC as well.
Even when he was at his very best he was still lazy at times,strolling about the pitch with a "just get the ball to me"attitude.Ok he did at times do things that left you in awe but he seems fed up with the game now.
Its a shame though because if he had the drive of say Gerrard and the will to get everything out of his ability he could have been so much more!
He has no discipline or any real desire for the game and seems to have the attitude of Im Ronaldinho and i'll do what i want!
Fair play to Milan for taking him but id say they will get a few months of effort out of him and after that he will fall by the wayside and drown in a pool of his own celebrity status.
Then he will be back in the fancy restuarants,nightclubs and banging all round him and the football will be on the back boiler again!
lucky bast@rd! :D
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:33 pm

If he can find a bit of discipline, with the help of his coach and his team-mates, there's no reason why he can't be one of the best in the world again. Fairly big IF perhaps, but he's only just 28, and an unbelievable talent - a world-class talent at best. I'd have taken him, but only after a chat.
LFC2007

Postby Number 9 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 8:41 pm

LFC2007 wrote:If he can find a bit of discipline, with the help of his coach and his team-mates, there's no reason why he can't be one of the best in the world again. Fairly big IF perhaps, but he's only just 28, and an unbelievable talent - a world-class talent at best. I'd have taken him, but only after a chat.

A chat,who to?
Weightwatchers.
Nah mate he is well past it,his success and fame have went to his head!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:03 pm

A chat with Robaldinho of course, see if he can get fit, assess his desire/character etc... A chat with those who've worked with him too.

He let himself go at Barca, but they as a club seem to have had a problem in establishing an acceptable level of discipline over the past two seasons. He needs a tough coaching team, and a set of players willing to help him get on the right track.

Obviously it would depend entirely on his desire/intent to succeed, and I think you'd learn enough about that from interviews and speaking with his former coaches and/or players. Players with his ability don't come on the market too often, esp for a price of £15m-£20m and at that age, so I wouldn't dismiss him just because he enjoyed the discotheque a bit too much and put on a few pounds.
LFC2007

Postby Number 9 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:27 pm

LFC2007 wrote:A chat with Robaldinho of course, see if he can get fit, assess his desire/character etc... A chat with those who've worked with him too.

He let himself go at Barca, but they as a club seem to have had a problem in establishing an acceptable level of discipline over the past two seasons. He needs a tough coaching team, and a set of players willing to help him get on the right track.

Obviously it would depend entirely on his desire/intent to succeed, and I think you'd learn enough about that from interviews and speaking with his former coaches and/or players. Players with his ability don't come on the market too often, esp for a price of £15m-£20m and at that age, so I wouldn't dismiss him just because he enjoyed the discotheque a bit too much and put on a few pounds.

Discotheque. :D

Lets see how he does at Milan!
If he sets the world on fire,fair enough but he wont.
A large number of South Americans mature very very early,ecpecially in Brazil!Its a fact Ronaldinho matured early and will finish early too!
Number 9
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:29 pm

It's done anyway, he's gone, f*ck it.
LFC2007

Previous

Return to The Rumour Mill