Ronaldinho - Surprised  lfc is not mentioned

Liverpool Football Club - The Rumour Mill

Postby Sabre » Sat Jun 21, 2008 9:55 am

Hey Crazyhorse I'll translate for you the lates quotes of Dunga, the Brazilian coach so that you know what's so wrong with Ronaldinho these days.

"We had to wait Ronaldinho reached the very bottom of his form to help him. He's not injured, but he doesn't play since 3 months ago."

"He has to be ready to train" (In Barcelona he hasn't been as of late)

"Ronaldinho knows he's going to make the voyages in the economic class of the plane, with the rest of the team. And he has to have the will to train".

He has the wrong mind for a club like this, and I don't underrate the mindset when I look players.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby club_Levis » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:14 am

s@int wrote:
Owzat wrote:Would be useful to have a top free-kick taker in the side, not sure we'd want a Ronaldinho type in the side or if that's really Rafa's cup of tea. Work over flair

Spot on Owzat, I don't think Rafa really trusts flair players very much.

and that has been his main weakness...
club_Levis

Postby Rafa D » Sat Jun 21, 2008 10:23 am

I think he would be perfect for us. We could move Babel over to the right, Dinho on the left and I think the team would have a lot more balance to it. He would be fantastic and I really think he would raise his game playing for Rafa, would rafa consider it? No.
Sammy Lee wears Liverpool undies
Rafa D
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby maguskwt » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:16 am

club_Levis wrote:
s@int wrote:
Owzat wrote:Would be useful to have a top free-kick taker in the side, not sure we'd want a Ronaldinho type in the side or if that's really Rafa's cup of tea. Work over flair

so he didn't use aimar when he was coaching valencia did he?
maguskwt
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:40 am

maguskwt wrote:
club_Levis wrote:
s@int wrote:

so he didn't use aimar when he was coaching valencia did he?

He used Aimar but Aimar was already at Valencia when he arrived, he didn't sign him. He also famously refused to use Aimar in the run in to winning the title with Valencia. He preferred to trust his "athletes".

As Guillem Ballague said recently :-

Guillem:

Thanks for your encouraging words, Oliver. I read somewhere recently that I had said that Pablo Aimar would probably go to Liverpool. I want to make it very clear that I have never said that.

In fact the opposite is true: I know that he is not a player that Rafa Benitez rates all that highly. Look back to when Pablo Aimar was in his prime at Valencia and, even then, he was not a regular starter for Rafa. He spent lots of his time on the bench for the simple reason that Rafa has a real problem with the little Argentine’s inconsistency   
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sat Jun 21, 2008 11:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby bigmick » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:20 pm

I'd certainly like to see the likes of Ronaldinho at Liverpool but I think it's probably a bit unlikely, and it may well be unfair on the manager to criticise him for not splashing out on a player who in his current state is a waste of space by all accounts. That said, just about the only set of circumstances where we could afford the Brazillian are currently in place, ie nobody else wants him including the club he is currently with so it might be worth consideration.

I often think with some of these signings that it's worth considering the potential downside, a kind of worst case scenario if you like. Well in the case of the goofy fella, we're probably going to have to spend mid teens to get him, and pay him 6 mill a year or so. There is the possibility that he'll continue on his downward spiral and be a complete waste of time, but even if he did and is, we'd still be able to get someone else to take a chance on him I reckon. At worst we'd get someone paying ten mill or something to take him off our hands, and at best he'd be a massive hit at the club. Coincidently we haven't got anybody who plays down the left really, so by that virtue alone he wouldn't have to be at his very best to justify taking a punt on. It may actually be a marraige made in heaven as we've endured Kewell for four years so Ronaldhino could stroll around a bit, put in the odd cross, score the odd goal and play the odd game and he'd be an improvement on what he's replaced. Can't see it though.
"se e in una bottigla ed e bianco, e latte".
bigmick
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:52 pm

I think the big problem with signing Ronaldinho would be wages Mick, no doubt he would want around £150k per week, and then Gerrard and Torres would become upset they have to struggle along on £100k per week.

Adriano would be a similar proposition, huge upside if he gets his head right and starts to play well again, with little downside as we could probably still sell him to Newcastle if he doesn't.
account deleted by request

Postby andy_g » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:07 pm

there's a combination of reasons why i'm sure we'd never go for him, but the wages are certainly what would be very high up that list. he's been offered 200,000 a week (:O ) by man city FFS - and i really don't see how he's going to accept 50% of that to fit in with our current wage structure. i don't think he has ever expressed a general love or even interest for the club and a desire to play for the shirt, at least i don't think so, i've never had a sneaky peek to see what it says on the inside of his armband to be honest.

Get up! everybody's gonna move their feet
Get Down! everybody's gonna leave their seat
andy_g
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby kazza » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:21 pm

Actually he talked about what a great player Gerrard is and how great the fans are. He also said he would never play for Chelsea and he turned down utd. My kind of player.
kazza
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby The Manhattan Project » Sat Jun 21, 2008 1:34 pm

Washed up and too expensive.
china syndrome 80512640 reactor meltdown fusion element
no uniquely indefinable one 5918 identification unknown 113
source transmission 421 general panic hysteria 02 outbreak
foreign mutation 001505 maximum code destruction nuclear
reflection 01044 power plutonium helix atomic energy wave
The Manhattan Project
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby RedRoots » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:43 pm

What is it about brazilian footballers turning into wasters a a certain age.
RedRoots

Postby Bad Bob » Sat Jun 21, 2008 2:55 pm

In case anyone's wondering, the two Ronaldinho topics have been merged and placed in the Rumour Mill.  As you were...
Bad Bob
LFC Guru Member

Postby gilbert-19 » Fri Jun 27, 2008 11:57 am

ronaldinho is just like a run out car. some people like and the rest think a waste of space. ronaldinho is just sill master and set piece sommething we dont need we would be better with moutinho:cool:
gilbert-19

Postby Sabre » Mon Jul 07, 2008 9:08 pm

Ronaldinho needs to get fit if he wants to play in a top division, let alone top club.

Very unprofessional.
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby crazyhorse » Tue Jul 08, 2008 4:05 am

Fitness and attitude come and go. Class is permanent. Dino has a lack of the first two and the third in abundance. One day he will have all three again. We do not have enough flair in the squad - too often we find it too hard to break temas down who set up to defend.
If it were at all possible, I would break my balls to get him to Anfield. BickMick is correct in that really he is a no risk siging; even if he flopped we would still be able to offload him, and merchandising alone would make him a sound investment.
THIS IS ANFIELD
crazyhorse
>> LFC Elite Member <<

PreviousNext

Return to The Rumour Mill