No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes : 25

Postby JamCar05 » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:09 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
JamCar05 wrote:Jam Car05: Torres, Mascherano, Carra
Rafa(me): Reina, Gerrard

Sorry, just realised that  :blush:  Well, I still maintain my two choices (Carra to shore up my defence and Mascher to hunt down Gerrard :p). What would Rafa (you  :D ) do then?

a small part of me wants to take 2 goalkeepers so you would be forced to play an U-18 in goal, but I fear that I would sacrifice too much in my outfield players that I could get bossed up and down the pitch.

JamCar05: Torres, Carra, Mascherano
ME: Reina, Gerrard, Agger, Crouch

I really wanted to take Xabi, but I saw that if I did,'t take Crouch or Agger I would have to wait for you to make two more picks while I wouldn't have either a single striker or defender.  Also considered Arbeloa because of his versatility, but thought it was more  important to shore up the defense centrally.[/quote]
Assuming that you still wouldn't pick Itandje, as it would weaken your own outfield team, I would then pick Arbeloa (as you said he's versatile) and Babel. I don't know where to play either yet, as it depends on who I'll get later on, but both can be deployed in more positions than one (though I'm leaning towards using Babel up front along with Torres, which I would like to see in real life too  :;): ).[/quote]
JamCar05: Torres, Carra, Mascherano, Arbeloa, Babel
ME: Reina, Gerrard, Agger, Crouch, Alonso, Yossi

Alonso was one of the best "players on the board" and now your forced to play either Momo or Lucas as the partner to mascherano, I picked yossi because of his versatility.[/quote]
That's fine with Alonso, I deliberately didn't want to partner him with Mascher for this one, so I'll pick Lucas instead (playing the Gerrard role when he's normally in the middle with Mascher). Would have liked Yossi though, but guess I'll pick Finnan instead, as he is a handy defender who'll also chip in with quite a few assists. Next up... Rafa  :D
JamCar05

Postby account deleted by request » Mon Jan 14, 2008 2:34 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
s@int wrote:Can't believe that Carra hadn't been picked yet. I think I was worried that you were going to take up all the attacking and wide options and I would be left with a single striker (Kuyt) up front or something terrible like that.

Sissoko, Finnan

S@int: Torres, Itandje, Kewell, Agger, Alonso, Yossi, Babel, Momo, Finnan, Hyypia,
Me: Reina, Gerrard, Carra, Mascherano, Crouch, Pennant, Skrtel, Arbeloa, Riise, Aurelio,

So we each have one player to pick and you get to pick first. Still available: Kuyt, Voronin, Lucas, Hobbs, Darby, Insua, Leto

Thats ruined my three at the back plan now you have pinched my Martin Skrtel :angry:  :D

Itandji

Hyypia     Agger   

Finnan                                    Insua
     Benayoun    Alonso   Momo 

Kewell
              Torres   Babel

This is my formation and full team, Kewell playing behind my strikers in a creative role with my full backs helping to give width. Goals galore, but my midfield is a bit weaker than I would have liked. I would have preferred Mash or Gerrard but .... still more than enough to see you off  :nod  :D[/quote]
oh yea?
                         Reina
  Arbeloa    Carra          Skrtel      Aurelio
Pennant   Gerrard       Mascherano   Riise
                  Kuyt         Crouch

Can't see you scoring against that[/quote]
I can't see you scoring with those forwards full stop mate  :D
Your only chance is Gerrard,which is why I would have liked Mascherano to take care of him.

I think your team has a better balance than mine, just your forwards letting you down.
account deleted by request

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:13 pm

JamCar05 wrote:JamCar05: Torres, Carra, Mascherano, Arbeloa, Babel

Alonso was one of the best "players on the board" and now your forced to play either Momo or Lucas as the partner to mascherano, I picked yossi because of his versatility.

That's fine with Alonso, I deliberately didn't want to partner him with Mascher for this one, so I'll pick Lucas instead (playing the Gerrard role when he's normally in the middle with Mascher). Would have liked Yossi though, but guess I'll pick Finnan instead, as he is a handy defender who'll also chip in with quite a few assists. Next up... Rafa  :D[/quote]
JamCar05: Torres, Carra, Mascherano, Arbeloa, Babel, Lucas, Finnan
ME: Reina, Gerrard, Agger, Crouch, Alonso, Yossi, Skrtel, Kewell
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:20 pm

s@int wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:
s@int wrote:Can't believe that Carra hadn't been picked yet. I think I was worried that you were going to take up all the attacking and wide options and I would be left with a single striker (Kuyt) up front or something terrible like that.

Sissoko, Finnan

S@int: Torres, Itandje, Kewell, Agger, Alonso, Yossi, Babel, Momo, Finnan, Hyypia,
Me: Reina, Gerrard, Carra, Mascherano, Crouch, Pennant, Skrtel, Arbeloa, Riise, Aurelio,

So we each have one player to pick and you get to pick first. Still available: Kuyt, Voronin, Lucas, Hobbs, Darby, Insua, Leto

Thats ruined my three at the back plan now you have pinched my Martin Skrtel :angry:  :D

Itandji

Hyypia     Agger   

Finnan                                    Insua
     Benayoun    Alonso   Momo 

Kewell
              Torres   Babel

This is my formation and full team, Kewell playing behind my strikers in a creative role with my full backs helping to give width. Goals galore, but my midfield is a bit weaker than I would have liked. I would have preferred Mash or Gerrard but .... still more than enough to see you off  :nod  :D

oh yea?
                         Reina
  Arbeloa    Carra          Skrtel      Aurelio
Pennant   Gerrard       Mascherano   Riise
                  Kuyt         Crouch

Can't see you scoring against that[/quote]
I can't see you scoring with those forwards full stop mate  :D
Your only chance is Gerrard,which is why I would have liked Mascherano to take care of him.

I think your team has a better balance than mine, just your forwards letting you down.[/quote]
If I lived in Liverpool, I would much rather pay to watch these two teams play against each other than a pre-season friendly against Wrexham, but I guess the risk for injury to one of your players doubles when 22 of your players are on the pitch.
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Mon Jan 14, 2008 3:34 pm

NANNY RED wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:
NANNY RED wrote:OOH sneaky

Nanny: Reina, Carra, Alonso, Crouch Babel, Lucas, Skrtel, Aurelio, Kuyt

Rafa: Gerrard, Torres, Masherano, Arbeloa, Agger, Yossi, Kewell , Finnan

What you gonna do Rafa if we dont sign Masher you lose a player :laugh:

Nanny: Reina, Carra, Alonso, Crouch Babel, Lucas, Skrtel, Aurelio, Kuyt , Riise

Rafa: Gerrard, Torres, Masherano, Arbeloa, Agger, Yossi, Kewell , Finnan, Hyypia, Pennant

You pick one then I pick one ( which will certainly be Itandje (unless you want to use him as an outfield player  :D ))

ive added riise

ive added riise to my team

My team:
                          Itandje
  Finnan      Hyypia         Agger      Arbeloa
  Pennant    Gerrard       Mascherano   Kewell
                            Yossi
                          Torres
sometimes I would move yossi out wide and put kewell in front of torres, and sometimes switching pennant to the left and yossi on the right in that case.

I guess your team would look like:
                                  Reina
       Darby           Carra         Skrtel             Aurelio
     Babel           Alonso            Lucas            Riise
                       Crouch            Kuyt

I screwed up because you actually had two more picks to make not one.  I picked Darby because you didn't have a RB, but you could have gone with Hobbs and played 3 CBs, or I guess played either Riise or Aurelio at RB, Riise or Aurelio as part of 3 at the back, anyway your other options to choose from would have been: Voronin, Momo, Leto, El Zhar,  or Hobbs
JoeTerp

Postby JamCar05 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:20 am

JoeTerp wrote:
JamCar05 wrote:JamCar05: Torres, Carra, Mascherano, Arbeloa, Babel

Alonso was one of the best "players on the board" and now your forced to play either Momo or Lucas as the partner to mascherano, I picked yossi because of his versatility.

That's fine with Alonso, I deliberately didn't want to partner him with Mascher for this one, so I'll pick Lucas instead (playing the Gerrard role when he's normally in the middle with Mascher). Would have liked Yossi though, but guess I'll pick Finnan instead, as he is a handy defender who'll also chip in with quite a few assists. Next up... Rafa  :D

JamCar05: Torres, Carra, Mascherano, Arbeloa, Babel, Lucas, Finnan
ME: Reina, Gerrard, Agger, Crouch, Alonso, Yossi, Skrtel, Kewell[/quote]
I'd then pick Hyypia and Pennant. Over to you once again...
JamCar05

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Jan 15, 2008 4:49 pm

JamCar05 wrote:JamCar05: Torres, Carra, Mascherano, Arbeloa, Babel, Lucas, Finnan

I'd then pick Hyypia and Pennant. Over to you once again...[/quote]
JamCar05: Torres, Carra, Mascherano, Arbeloa, Babel, Lucas, Finnan, Hyypia, Pennant
ME: Reina, Gerrard, Agger, Crouch, Alonso, Yossi, Skrtel, Kewell, Aurelio, Kuyt
JoeTerp

Postby JamCar05 » Tue Jan 15, 2008 6:54 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
JamCar05 wrote:JamCar05: Torres, Carra, Mascherano, Arbeloa, Babel, Lucas, Finnan

I'd then pick Hyypia and Pennant. Over to you once again...

JamCar05: Torres, Carra, Mascherano, Arbeloa, Babel, Lucas, Finnan, Hyypia, Pennant
ME: Reina, Gerrard, Agger, Crouch, Alonso, Yossi, Skrtel, Kewell, Aurelio, Kuyt[/quote]

Finally I'd pick Itandje and Riise, which would make my team look like this:

Itandje

Finnan         Carra ©      Hyypia      Arbeloa

Pennant       Lucas          Mascher      Riise

Torres         Babel

Not the strongest of midfields, but still quite a decent team I reckon. I've got a strong set of defenders to protect my goalie, and you especially ought to be worried about my attack  :;):
JamCar05

Postby JoeTerp » Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:38 pm

JamCar05 wrote:JamCar05: Torres, Carra, Mascherano, Arbeloa, Babel, Lucas, Finnan, Hyypia, Pennant

Itandje

Torres         Babel

Not the strongest of midfields, but still quite a decent team I reckon. I've got a strong set of defenders to protect my goalie, and you especially ought to be worried about my attack  :;):[/quote]
ME: Reina, Gerrard, Agger, Crouch, Alonso, Yossi, Skrtel, Kewell, Aurelio, Kuyt,

Some of the main players left for me to choose from are Riise, Momo, and Voronin, but I find myself choosing between Hobbs and Darby, and I choose Darby, the steady eddy vice captain of the reserves. And my Team looks like:
                                         Reina
      Darby              Skrtel                 Agger      Aurelio
       Yossi              Gerrard              Alonso      Kewell
                            Crouch                Kuyt
Certainly not as solid in defense or as prolific in attack, BUT I have Reina, AND I would much rather have my midfield than yours.
JoeTerp

Postby JamCar05 » Wed Jan 16, 2008 12:10 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
JamCar05 wrote:JamCar05: Torres, Carra, Mascherano, Arbeloa, Babel, Lucas, Finnan, Hyypia, Pennant

Itandje

Torres         Babel

Not the strongest of midfields, but still quite a decent team I reckon. I've got a strong set of defenders to protect my goalie, and you especially ought to be worried about my attack  :;):

ME: Reina, Gerrard, Agger, Crouch, Alonso, Yossi, Skrtel, Kewell, Aurelio, Kuyt,

Some of the main players left for me to choose from are Riise, Momo, and Voronin, but I find myself choosing between Hobbs and Darby, and I choose Darby, the steady eddy vice captain of the reserves. And my Team looks like:
                                         Reina
      Darby              Skrtel                 Agger      Aurelio
       Yossi              Gerrard              Alonso      Kewell
                            Crouch                Kuyt
Certainly not as solid in defense or as prolific in attack, BUT I have Reina, AND I would much rather have my midfield than yours.[/quote]

Yeah, your midfield is definitely somewhat stronger than mine, but your strikeforce isn't exactly a terrifying prospect for my defence. Guess you'll have to rely on Gerrard to hit you a couple of goals (though I'm gonna instruct Mascher to be hot on his trails all game long  :p ). I reckon a win for me, with my strikers getting a couple of goals on the counter attack. What... this game isn't actually going to happen ??? :D
JamCar05

Postby username » Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:47 pm

ok, ill pick Torres to start.
"Fernando Towers won't triumph in the premiership.
And you can quote me on that. " - Sabre 2007
Sorry Sabre, but when i see stuff like this i have to quote it :D
username

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jan 16, 2008 10:39 pm

Joe any chance of an early transfer mate not happy with Riise in my team now  :D
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:17 pm

NANNY RED wrote:Joe any chance of an early transfer mate not happy with Riise in my team now  :D

You could always pick up Leto, Momo, El Zhar, Voronin, or Insua on a Bosman?

But I wouldn't want anything to do with taking Riise off your hands
JoeTerp

Postby NANNY RED » Wed Jan 16, 2008 11:37 pm

Not even for a pound :D

suppose im stuck with him hoping he might clatter someone in yours team . I can hope cant i :D
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Thu Jan 17, 2008 12:43 am

NANNY RED wrote:Not even for a pound :D

suppose im stuck with him hoping he might clatter someone in yours team . I can hope cant i :D

Just tell him to aim for the corner flags, it will either go into the main stand, or in the goal.
JoeTerp

Previous

Return to Football Related Polls