No votes
Crouch
No votes
Other
No votes

Total votes : 25

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:43 pm

Full squad is available to pick from, everyone is fit:
you pick first, then Rafa picks 2 in a row then you pick 2 in a row, then Rafa gets 2 in a row and so on.

Who are you going to take with your first selection?

I don't think the smart move is Gerrard, I think it is either Reina or Torres, this is because the drop off after Stevie in central midfield is a lot less than the frop off after Torres in the striking options or the difference between Reina and Itandje
JoeTerp

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:57 pm

It would have to be Torres or Reina for me as well, we have more than enough decent players to cope everywhere else. So even second choice midfielders would be good enough, but in goal and striker there is only one real option. I went for Torres :)
Last edited by account deleted by request on Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
account deleted by request

Postby JamCar05 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 4:59 pm

Iv'e picked Torres. I think you are spot on with your reason for not having Gerrard as the smart move. I've picked Torres ahead of Reina simply for the reason, that at the moment he is the ONLY striker who provides any danger, whereas goalkeepingwise Itandje hasn't been that bad really (not great either, just somewhere in between). This of course might have a lot to do with the fact, that I'm VERY frustrated with our strikeforce (bar Torres) currently, and therefore don't think too much about the goalkeeping position at all (where Reina has been a rock this season). I just think that we have quite a strong defence which should be able to give good protection to Itandje, whereas we are f.ucked if Torres isn't playing up front. Ask me again in a month though, and I might pick Reina instead (especially if Kuyt has started to bang in a few goals  :p :D ).
JamCar05

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:00 pm

s@int wrote:It would have to be Torres or Reina for me as well, we have more than enough decent players to cope everywhere else. So even second choice midfielders would be good enough, but in goal and striker there is only one real option. I went for Torres :)

Rafa would then hit back at you with Reina and Gerrard
JoeTerp

Postby JamCar05 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:04 pm

Then I'd pick Mascher to protect Gerrard so he could roam freely as he enjoys. And Carra to shore up the defence (sorry, I know you didn't ask me :D )
JamCar05

Postby JoeTerp » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:10 pm

JamCar05 wrote:Then I'd pick Mascher to protect Gerrard so he could roam freely as he enjoys. And Carra to shore up the defence (sorry, I know you didn't ask me :D )

Macherano couldn't protect Gerrard because Gerrard is on the other team

Jam Car05: Torres, Mascherano, Carra
Rafa(me): Reina, Gerrard
JoeTerp

Postby account deleted by request » Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:12 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
s@int wrote:It would have to be Torres or Reina for me as well, we have more than enough decent players to cope everywhere else. So even second choice midfielders would be good enough, but in goal and striker there is only one real option. I went for Torres :)

Goalkeeper and Kewell (just in case Rafa was a sneaky bast@rd and chose my goalkeeper )
Last edited by account deleted by request on Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Lando_Griffin » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:10 pm

I went for Torres.

Rafa Benitez - An unfinished Legend.
Lando_Griffin
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JamCar05 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 6:13 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
JamCar05 wrote:Then I'd pick Mascher to protect Gerrard so he could roam freely as he enjoys. And Carra to shore up the defence (sorry, I know you didn't ask me :D )

Sorry, just realised that  :blush:  Well, I still maintain my two choices (Carra to shore up my defence and Mascher to hunt down Gerrard :p). What would Rafa (you  :D ) do then?
JamCar05

Postby LFC2007 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:22 pm

Gerrard, he's our best player. End of.
LFC2007

Postby NANNY RED » Fri Jan 11, 2008 11:55 pm

I went for Pepe so whose the Spanish lad gonna pick

Well he is my opponent hence the Spanish lad:D
HE WHO BETRAYS WILL ALWAYS WALK ALONE
NANNY RED
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:29 pm

JamCar05 wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:

Sorry, just realised that  :blush:  Well, I still maintain my two choices (Carra to shore up my defence and Mascher to hunt down Gerrard :p). What would Rafa (you  :D ) do then?

a small part of me wants to take 2 goalkeepers so you would be forced to play an U-18 in goal, but I fear that I would sacrifice too much in my outfield players that I could get bossed up and down the pitch.

JamCar05: Torres, Carra, Mascherano
ME: Reina, Gerrard, Agger, Crouch

I really wanted to take Xabi, but I saw that if I did,'t take Crouch or Agger I would have to wait for you to make two more picks while I wouldn't have either a single striker or defender.  Also considered Arbeloa because of his versatility, but thought it was more  important to shore up the defense centrally.
JoeTerp

Postby JoeTerp » Sat Jan 12, 2008 3:32 pm

s@int wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:

Goalkeeper and Kewell (just in case Rafa was a sneaky bast@rd and chose my goalkeeper )

S@int: Torres, Itandje (unless you want Martin), Kewell
Rafa(me): Reina, Gerrard, Carra, Mascherano
JoeTerp

Postby account deleted by request » Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:56 pm

JoeTerp wrote:
s@int wrote:
JoeTerp wrote:

S@int: Torres, Itandje (unless you want Martin), Kewell

Agger and Alonso(I would swop Alonso for Mascha IF YOUR DESPERATE :D
Last edited by account deleted by request on Sat Jan 12, 2008 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Postby JoeTerp » Sun Jan 13, 2008 12:44 am

s@int wrote:S@int: Torres, Itandje (unless you want Martin), Kewell

Agger and Alonso(I would swop Alonso for Mascha IF YOUR DESPERATE :D[/quote]
S@int: Torres, Itandje, Kewell, Agger, Alonso
Me: Reina, Gerrard, Carra, Mascherano, Crouch, Pennant
JoeTerp

Next

Return to Football Related Polls