New forum-user from hamburg/ germany

For new members to introduce themselves - Guest Book

Postby Sankt Pauli » Mon Nov 26, 2007 3:49 pm

Hello everybody!
At first i have to excuse my english - i did learn english in school way back in the days and forgot the most.
I hope you will be able to understand me...
Born and raised in Germany i´ve been living in Hamburg City the most time of my life.
My absolute home team is the "FC St.Pauli", actually playing in the second german league (2.Bundesliga) - we just went into it this summer by winning the northern third league (Regionalliga Nord).

My wife is from Portugal and has always been a fan of the "FC Porto" (you actrually should know... :) ) - so i also became a fan of Porto during the years and today i am a member of the "Superdragoes" - one of the two Ultra-groups inPorto.

There´s a latent friendship between my favourite team St.Pauli and Celtic Glasgow - meanwhile existing for more then 10 or 15 years, i can´t exactly say. So i also became a sympathizer for Celtic too - but i´m not a "real" fan.

In spite of being german, i enjoy watching the 3 Lions since my childhood. It all started up with Player´s like Peter Shilton, Terry McDermott, Phil Thompson and espacially Phil Neal during the FIFA World Cup 1982 in Spain. I can´t explain why i liked these players - i was 6 years old then and i haven´t had any concept of football - i just liked it...

Especially because of Phil Neal i became a kind of "fan" of the LFC - and it remained untill today.
During the years i saw many games with Liverpool in TV, heard about all the Legend´s from the Kop, heard about the "Annie Road End Crew" and whitnessed the latest successes by winning the UEFA Cup, the Championsleague and the FA-Cup - unfortunately only by watching TV... :(

For years i´ve been dreaming of visiting Anfield - in my opinion the most beautiful football stadium in the world. I unfortunately just "know" it because of Internet, Tv,pictures and platformes like "youtube".

But: This Wednesday i will live to see my first time Anfield Road! :D
Because of my membership in the "Superdragoes" i finitely have a ticket to enter your legendary ground!
In spite of thinking, that my FC Porto will have problems in stealing one or three points from Anfield because of the strength of your team - especially at home - i am completely nervous and can´t wait being in Liverpool.
We´ll try to keep up with your loudness inside the stadium and sing as loud as we can for our club - but there will be moments when i will be absolutely quiet:
When you´re singing "YNWA" and "Fields of Anfield Road" and other Kop-classics.
Your ability in singing is unbeatable i think and when whole Anfield sings "FOAR" or stands up and raises all the scarves while singing YNWA - that´s simply amazing i always get goose pimples! :bowdown
By the way: During the games of St.Pauli here in Hamburg we´re singing YNWA at the end of the game too - but we´re singing a little faster than you do. I guess we´re singing it quite well and loud - but Kopites singing YNWA - to me it´s the greatest thing i ever heard in a football stadium and always will be!

The reason why i was looking out for a LFC-Forum is that i have some questions about my first travel to Anfield and i was looking for fans who perhaps could give me answers. During my quest for answers, i tripped over this forum.

I will arrive in Liverpool by car coming from London-Stanstedt.
On the official home page i read, that Anfield only has parking places for "Residents" near the stadium.
Where am i allowed to park my car? Does anyone know a place near the stadium where i have no problems to leave the car?
It doesn´t matter to me if i have to pay for it.

During my time at Anfield of course i´d like to buy myself a kit and a scarve and other souvenirs of the LFC.
On the home page i saw an official fan-shop integrated in the Kop-end of Anfield. Is this store only for Kopites or will i also get in there to by me the things?
And will i have problems while i´m walking down Anfield Road in a Porto-Sweater to reach the store?

These questions my sound sappy to you - but in fact i have no clue and i hope, that anyone could answer the questions.
I will also be thankful if you have further informations and tipps for me.

As far as i´m concerned, my first posting in this Forum is complete. :D
I hope everyone will be able to understand me and that i haven´t written too much for first time posting...

With best regards from Hamburg City,

Joost aka "Sankt Pauli"
Sankt Pauli

Postby Sabre » Mon Nov 26, 2007 4:08 pm

That's a nice intro. Sankt Pauli is well known even in Spain for being a club of a popular neighbourhood and well known for having anti fascist crowd. You see, you're famous :D

Other members will be able to help out better than me about your trip, but in the mean time be welcome :)
SOS member #1499

Drummerphil, never forgotten.
Sabre
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sankt Pauli » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:54 pm

Thank you very much, Sabre!

I didn´t know that my team is so well known in Spain, especially that many Fans here at St.Pauli are anti fascistic.  :)

But in comparison to the high profile of the LFC we´re like a fly beside an elephant...  :bowdown
Sankt Pauli

Postby Yessicajax » Mon Nov 26, 2007 11:45 pm

Why not HSV??i think they are good.:)
welcome!!!
Image Image Image
A.F.C.A ..... As Finishing touch...God created the Dutch!
Yessicajax

Postby Ciggy » Tue Nov 27, 2007 12:02 am

Gutten abend.

welcome aboard, we arnt in a very good mood at the moment with rafa about to be sacked but stay around.
There is no-one anywhere in the world at any stage who is any bigger or any better than this football club.

Kenny Dalglish 1/2/2011

REST IN PEACE PHIL, YOU WILL NEVER BE FORGOTTEN.
Ciggy
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Postby Sankt Pauli » Tue Nov 27, 2007 6:10 am

Yessicajax wrote:Why not HSV??i think they are good.:)

To us the HSV is what Everton is for Liverpool FC...

But in spite of this - thanks for welcoming me here.

:D
Sankt Pauli

Postby 66-1112520797 » Tue Nov 27, 2007 8:49 am

Welcome Pauli !

Not to sure about parking, last time I parked a car there (in the streets) I had these orrible little ginger Scouses charging my a pound to look after me car.

You are able to go into the KOP shop too, and I'd imagine you'd be fine walking around the ground ot into the shop with your Porto shirt on.

Nice post, I would wish you good luck for the game but I dont want you to have good luck :) But I wish good luck to Sainkt Pauli, Celtic, England and any other team you support. :D

I hope you have a great experiance at Anfiled, apart from the result of course. :)
66-1112520797

Postby Judge » Tue Nov 27, 2007 9:20 am

what a great introduction mate

welcome :)
Judge
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Return to Introductions Forum