Paul robinson - England goalkeeper my ar*e.

The Premiership - General Discussion

Postby Owzat » Sun Oct 21, 2007 11:35 am

matrix wrote:the buck stops with the coach, but ive got to say the players let him down...

McClueless picked Robinson who is in shocking form with no confidence, and Lescott at LB who had half a game against ESTONIA in what was a friendly situation given we were 3-0 up. So yes the buck stops at the manager, had we won 2-1 he'd have taken all the credit, but some of his choices and (lack of) changes during the match beggar belief.

And some rightly point out we're on the brink of not qualifying based on ELEVEN games not one, McClueless has got it wrong too often and either got away with it or dropped CRUCIAL points.

Macedonia - goalless draw at home as key as any defeat - and we only just won away

Israel - goalless draw away was more crucial points dropped

Croatia - changed formation and his automatic choices did the rest. People are hoping Russia draw in Israel, I'm not convinced we'll even beat Croatia

Russia - maybe the margin at home made us a little complacent when 1-0 up away

Estonia - about the only team we've done what we should have against

Andorra - less straightforward and convincing than it should have been.

I have felt for some time England are probably most comparable with :censored: with careless home draws and disappointing away trips as costly as losing away games which are much harder. Home records are similar with few defeats, we find winning away as hard as England do (sometimes)
Never buy from PC World, product quality is poor and their 'customer service' is even poorer
Owzat
>> LFC Elite Member <<

Previous

Return to Premiership - General Discussion